Terrelle Pryor -WR

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With the recent changes to rules as far as veteran players being added to the PS is it worth (?even possible?) trying to add Pryor to the PS as a WR. The guy is off the charts as far as his athletic ability but was uncommitted to being a WR when he was here last preseason. Now he's indicated a willingness to be a WR is he worth trying to add for further development if he's eligible.

He was cut so the Browns could add Turbin.

Laloosh

Reaction score
He's big and all but didn't the Browns release him in favor of an injured RB?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Two good receivers on PS already in Kasen and Kevin; Paul Richardson on PUP; already have a "slash" player on the 53 in BJ (who happens to be a better QB too). I think we're good.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hear you about BJ, Kasen and Smith.

However at 6'4+" & 225 able to run sub 4.4 and as demonstrably shifty as he proved here last off season I'm very curious if he's really committed to being a WR.

I just wonder if he is PS eligible?

The plan last season was to try to get him to commit to becoming a WR but he was obdurate in only wanting to be a QB. My bet is he'd be interested in returning here.

Laloosh

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":37ikyxcc said:
I'd dump BJ for him in a second. He's literally just a better BJ

Who could ever turn down a better BJ?!

I've been swayed.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Who would you cut to add Terrelle Pryor to the squad? Makes no sense to even entertain the notion of adding this guy to the team.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":36oob5dq said:
Who would you cut to add Terrelle Pryor to the squad? Makes no sense to even entertain the notion of adding this guy to the team.

Is BJ Daniels not on the 53?

massari

Reaction score
The Hawks released Pryor last year.

My question is, what do they see in BJ Daniels that Terrelle Pryor doesn't have?

Also, isn't Pryor a better QB than T-Jack? They've got pretty similar passing stats, but Pryor might be the best running QB in the NFL.

What am I not understanding here?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BJ Daniels looks like a much better QB than Pryor to me. I never understood people's fascination with Pryor last year. He was Archer with legs. Big time athlete, but he can't throw.

IMO, as a QB, he is not better than TJ; he is not better than BJ. He simply isn't an NFL quarterback; otherwise, someone would pay him to be one.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He is one of those fantastic athletes that just never excelled in one area. Hi overthrew open receivers all the time and he is still a baby at receiver. Maybe best to go to Canada and work on game for a year.