Big Ben reboot journalism. He's a great guy now! Honest!

uncle fester

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/BehindTheCurtain

Judy Battista goes all out to repaint the image of 'Big Ben' as the reformed man, great team mate, humble family guy.

Dear Lord above, I've never read anything quite as blatant and the rampant revisionism being dealt up makes me sick.

Apparently everyone's favourite post-pick-phantom-ankle-injury specimen has now "crafted a successful and peaceful renaissance" to which I call BS. It's PR speak, plain and simple, swallowed whole by the journalist in question - though I've seen previous pieces by her which suggest she's partial to the manure being spread outwards from Rooney Control.

If you can bring yourself to wade through the swamp that is the rest of that article, you'd be forgiven for thinking perhaps he's not such a bad guy after all. Which is precisely why it's slapped front and center on the NFL site. PR.

I'm not buying it. I can only hope I'm not alone.

Next week, Ms Battista tells us why Ray Rice was merely practising his golf swing in an elevator. What a guy.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
By all accounts, Ben is a reformed man. For a while he was widely regarded locally as a lout and a douchebag and several Pittsburgh area bars and restaurants told him and his boys they were no longer welcome and don't come back.
It probably helps that his wife is far hotter than either of the babes who accused him of sexual assault.
"You want some more of this, you're going to stay home on Friday night."
"Yes dear."
This year though we have people threatening to burn their swag, not buy Sunday Ticket, signing petitions, and never watch a Steeler game again so long as Michael Vick is on the team.

OP
OP
uncle fester

uncle fester

Reaction score
How dare you come on here with your calm, knowledgeable and funny response? Now I have to admit to meeting two Steelers fans with a sense of humour.

The other I met in a sports bar in Seattle in 2013, he was wearing a Hines Ward shirt. He walked in and sat amongst a bunch of Hawks fans watching a Monday night game, saying "Damn, it's like walking through town with a target on my back" Lots of evil eyes were replaced by chuckles and laughter.

I still hate your fatass QB though.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
uncle fester":298e6zcz said:
How dare you come on here with your calm, knowledgeable and funny response? Now I have to admit to meeting two Steelers fans with a sense of humour.

The other I met in a sports bar in Seattle in 2013, he was wearing a Hines Ward shirt. He walked in and sat amongst a bunch of Hawks fans watching a Monday night game, saying "Damn, it's like walking through town with a target on my back" Lots of evil eyes were replaced by chuckles and laughter.

I still hate your fatass QB though.

Eh, let me know if there's a Seahawks Bar in Pittsburgh (probably isn't) and I'll try to make it on 11/29. With my Hines Ward jersey. :lol:

hawksfansinceday1":298e6zcz said:
Rapistberger.........nuff said

Never charged by the police or a D.A.

ivotuk

Reaction score
homerun1970":6vrvro0m said:
He is so great maybe the author would like to go out to a bar with him?

Yea, I'm sure she would trust her daughter (if she has one) in a College Bar with Ben around.

reform to a person's character does not happen in a year or two and isn't an automatic just because they got married. He'll do it again, and with Chris Carter's advice of "have a fall guy with you."

What exactly has Pig Ben done for the benefit of victims of sexual assault?

And why is what Vick or Ray Rice have done viewed as worse?