Philip Sims, QB Arizona TE Momah

ivotuk

Reaction score
Don't know what it is, but this guy looks legit. His throws seem crisp, he can move, the game doesn't seem to be too big for him.

Saw some of him about a week ago and was impressed.

Momah is impressive, holy crap!

daveman918

Reaction score
He looks ok. Would be interesting to pick up if he was released if he has more upside than Archer.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
daveman918":2x8yt1nr said:
He looks ok. Would be interesting to pick up if he was released if he has more upside than Archer.
He's more mobile than Archer, and mobility is needed behind our O-line.
The TE looked like a beast.

ringless

Reaction score
Momah has had a great pre-season, training camp and OT's. He is expected to make the final roster. There has been a lot of excitement about him.

In regards to Philip Sims nobody yet knows. The fan base seems to favor him over Logan Thomas but its clear BA has a hard on for Thomas because he was his boy and project QB. I think they will try to see if Sims clears waivers and put him on the practice squad. I could see him being a perfect fit for Seattle as a backup as well.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
I was jacked when the Eagles signed Momah as a UDFA a few years back but he looked so raw and couldn't catch anything or run very good routes.

Hoped he would pan out and stick with the Eagles but he just never looked good at all. Glad to see him doing much better in Arizona.

ringless

Reaction score
xkj1985x":2nlc0phr said:
I was jacked when the Eagles signed Momah as a UDFA a few years back but he looked so raw and couldn't catch anything or run very good routes.

Hoped he would pan out and stick with the Eagles but he just never looked good at all. Glad to see him doing much better in Arizona.

I was just reading about that. It seems they were using him as a WR at the time instead of a TE. I guess he was 220 at the time and now he is up around 260 at 6'7"

I'm trying not to get too excited about the kid especially in Arians system but he is someone I just can't help but be excited to watch.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
ringless":ih3m3jm6 said:
xkj1985x":ih3m3jm6 said:

I was just reading about that. It seems they were using him as a WR at the time instead of a TE. I guess he was 220 at the time and now he is up around 260 at 6'7"

I'm trying not to get too excited about the kid especially in Arians system but he is someone I just can't help but be excited to watch.

Yeah, they just didn't have any room to work him in at TE with Zach Ertz, Brent Celek, and at the time James Casey. He had a few quick flashes in two years but at the end of the day, he just couldn't catch on.

Hope he kills it in Arizona....except when we play you, of course.

DHawk

Reaction score
We should check out Sims! I thought he looked better than Archer ever has.

ringless

Reaction score
DHawk":13k4vdn0 said:
We should check out Sims! I thought he looked better than Archer ever has.

I feel like he would be a good fit in Seattles system. I'd be disappointed if you guys stole him from us but wouldn't be surprised.

ringless

Reaction score
Phillip Sims was released today.

He led the Cardinals on a 16 Play, 80 yd, 8 minute drive yesterday. Went 14/22 With a TD. I think one of the main issues with him is he just isn't truly a scheme fit for Arians system. He would be much better suited for Seattle than he would be for AZ. I couldn't help but notice how safe his passing was, a lot of checkdowns and 3/4 yd passes which is why those stats above don't tell the whole picture. He had 101 passing yds last night.

He has been consistent, and eliminated mistakes. But Arians has a much more aggressive offense. Logan showed some improvement. Half our fan base wanted Sims, half wanted Thomas. Thomas made the more difficult throws during the last two games which helped him win. Arians is also known for loving huge QB's and Thomas is as big as they come. (Originally was a TE)

Nobody knows how this will play out or if any of it will even really matter at this point though.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
ringless":17na0bp3 said:
Phillip Sims was released today.

He led the Cardinals on a 16 Play, 80 yd, 8 minute drive yesterday. Went 14/22 With a TD. I think one of the main issues with him is he just isn't truly a scheme fit for Arians system. He would be much better suited for Seattle than he would be for AZ. I couldn't help but notice how safe his passing was, a lot of checkdowns and 3/4 yd passes which is why those stats above don't tell the whole picture. He had 101 passing yds last night.

He has been consistent, and eliminated mistakes. But Arians has a much more aggressive offense. Logan showed some improvement. Half our fan base wanted Sims, half wanted Thomas. Thomas made the more difficult throws during the last two games which helped him win. Arians is also known for loving huge QB's and Thomas is as big as they come. (Originally was a TE)

Nobody knows how this will play out or if any of it will even really matter at this point though.
Would love to see him signed to the Seahawks practice squad.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
I liked the kid in preseason last year, not a system fit for us...but he had enough positives that I thought he would make the PS (we picked up Barkley instead). Excited to see how he does for you next preseason.