Amari Cooper just made Patrick Peterson look like a fool

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
marko358":iyucncev said:
Peterson is no Sherman when it comes to coverage.
Saw that. LOL. .....but I have a feeling Cooper is going to make a lot of CB's in the league look like fools.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Anybody who thinks that Russell ain't nuthin special and anybody could play behind our o-line should be watching this sackfest of Carson Palmer. Even if RW was a 6'10" 'classic pocket passer', he'd be as brutalized as Palmer has been. I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer's annual season-ending injury happened tonight...

titan3131

Reaction score
Peterson is a fool, he called himself out to be all pro this year. Which is as likely as the cards winning the sb. Tyrann m has more talent imo, and is actually hu mble about it, still wish he was our backup fs grumble grumble...

Polk738

Reaction score
the Cards pass defense sucked for most of last year despite having guys like Peterson, Cromartie, and Mathieu-but what do you expect when your scheme is pretty much just blitz and hope they don't connect on throws. Anyway, I'm glad most of the starters will be out for next week because if Khalil Mack plays, I think he may end up killing someone on the OL

lsheldon

Reaction score
Maulbert":1eoj44cd said:
Peterson is, to my mind, the most overrated defensive player in the league.

Period.

Richard Sherman would agree with that comment.

ringless

Reaction score
I have thought Peterson has been over-rated for a long time. I get roasted on my boards for it so I don't even touch the subject over there. He has the potential, but he just doesnt have the discipline or want I guess.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
ringless":33ad54o5 said:
I have thought Peterson has been over-rated for a long time. I get roasted on my boards for it so I don't even touch the subject over there. He has the potential, but he just doesnt have the discipline or want I guess.

Same.
You noticed how Powers did a better job against Cooper? Even when guarding him more than Peterson?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Complimenting Peterson's abilities here is like complimenting Luck's abilities; some Hawks fans just seem to have weird hangups about these guys that aren't shared by analysts and fans of other teams in the league.

Peterson is easily a top 5 CB. He's the most physically gifted CB in the NFL. He suffers from mental lapses and inconsistency, which is drawn out more because of how the Cardinals use him.

Every NFL player, even the best, has weaknesses. The Cardinals IMO just expose Peterson's weaknesses in able to lean more heavily on his strengths throughout the rest of the defense, which is basically the exact opposite of what the Hawks do with Sherman (a perfect match of scheme and abilities, IMO).

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3n315ft4 said:
Complimenting Peterson's abilities here is like complimenting Luck's abilities; some Hawks fans just seem to have weird hangups about these guys that aren't shared by analysts and fans of other teams in the league.

Peterson is easily a top 5 CB. He's the most physically gifted CB in the NFL. He suffers from mental lapses and inconsistency, which is drawn out more because of how the Cardinals use him.

Every NFL player, even the best, has weaknesses. The Cardinals IMO just expose Peterson's weaknesses in able to lean more heavily on his strengths throughout the rest of the defense, which is basically the exact opposite of what the Hawks do with Sherman (a perfect match of scheme and abilities, IMO).

You can be as physically gifted as a Olympic God but if you have the mental make up of a box of rocks what does that physical talent get you.

We have one, he has all the tools to be a top RB in the league, but doesn't seem to work at his craft in the mental department, inconsistent, bone head mistakes etc.

Christine Michael

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2xgaal73 said:

The biggest reason why ANYONE thinks Peterson is a top 5 CB is because he's supposed to be, not because he plays that way. It's the exact same reason so many people give Richard Sherman so little credit for being a great corner. He wasn't supposed to be. It makes me sick how much people judge players on talent instead of what they do with it. Put Sherman's head on Peterson's body. Then Peterson would be great.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":18mlx218 said:
Peterson is easily a top 5 CB.
By what metric is he even a top-10 CB, much less a top-five one?

Popeyejones":18mlx218 said:
He's the most physically gifted CB in the NFL.
This may be true, but it's irrelevant. The NFL is way too cerebral of a game to rely on physical gifts for most positions, and CB is definitely included in that.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
We had a thread on the NFL UK forums about which players were most overrated. Peterson was the only one nominated by fans of his own team.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
So Peterson isn't even top 10, is comparable to Christine Michael, and Richard Sherman -- the #1 CB and 11th best overall player in the entire NFL on the Top 100 list -- gets "So little credit for being a top corner."

Got it.

As I said, no point even trying to evaluate the strengths, weaknesses, and relative merits of guys like Luck or Peterson on .net. It's too loaded.

I'll drop it. :)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2jyqf4y2 said:
So Peterson isn't even top 10, is comparable to Christine Michael, and Richard Sherman -- the #1 CB and 11th best overall player in the entire NFL on the Top 100 list -- gets "So little credit for being a top corner."

Got it.

As I said, no point even trying to evaluate the strengths, weaknesses, and relative merits of guys like Luck or Peterson on .net. It's too loaded.

He didn't say Peterson was comparable to Michael. He was using Michael as an example that talent only gets you so far. Look at everyone drooling over Aaron Curry in the '09 draft. *shudder*

As for Sherman, while you point to the NFL Top 100 list as proof of respect, it doesn't stop people from continually running out the 'Earl an Kam are the only reason he isn't exposed' line of bullshit, or the ever popular, 'He doesn't shadow the best receiver' excuse.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":yfd89rn5 said:

Got it.

You conveniently ignored the 2 Cardinals fans calling Peterson over-rated . So it's not just the" Hawk's fan's being big giant meanies" portrait you were trying to paint.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":mgt75mym said:
Popeyejones":mgt75mym said:

Got it.

You conveniently ignored the 2 Cardinals fans calling Peterson over-rated . So it's not just the" Hawk's fan's being big giant meanies" portrait you were trying to paint.

Don't ruin the narrative in my brain.