I know it's preseason and all

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
.....but Dallas better hope that their main cogs don't get hurt, listening to the game on radio and they sound like they are playing like pure crap, their special teams and QB play has been pure garbage.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":1ass1k9c said:
Is Dez playing his mouth?

Yes but slower.
[youtube]<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wanna see Dez Bryant get punched square in the face? Of course you do <a href="http://t.co/nlYHGadQbz">pic.twitter.com/nlYHGadQbz</a></p>&mdash; jon johnson (@jonjohnsonwip) <a href="https://twitter.com/jonjohnsonwip/status/633816438214643712">August 19, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/youtube]

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RedAlice":30rkjyln said:
He's not playing, but I'm sure he's still talking crap even though his team is playing like turds.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FWIW the Cowboys are a notorious awful team in the preseason under Garrett.

But yeah you're right.. I think their defense greatly overachieved last year, and I know that OL is nasty but so was Demarco Murray. DMC and Randle are crap. They are one good shot on Romo away from being one ugly football team.

Of course you can say that about most of the league too

TAB420

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2vfc9jrh said:

But yeah you're right.. I think their defense greatly overachieved last year, and I know that OL is nasty but so was Demarco Murray. DMC and Randle are crap. They are one good shot on Romo away from being one ugly football team.

It's almost the opposite for the Niners,. Take out Kaep and the offense really starts to take off. That's two weeks in a row that the backup QB has moved the chains better than their starter.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ef58lax said:
RedAlice":1ef58lax said:
He's not playing, but I'm sure he's still talking crap even though his team is playing like turds.

He wasn't playing for most of his mouth spewing last week either. And I think it got worse when his team played bad and he wasn't in the game.

He's probably not close enough to the Niners in a real game though to cause any issues.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TAB420":1g04f8y5 said:
Hasselbeck":1g04f8y5 said:

It's almost the opposite for the Niners,. Take out Kaep and the offense really starts to take off. That's two weeks in a row that the backup QB has moved the chains better than their starter.

#7tormscoming

Threedee

Reaction score
God, I hope Joseph Randle doesn't suck. I intend to 5th Round him in fantasy to serve as my initial RB2!

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":1vfznght said:
Hasselbeck":1vfznght said:

Um....If Torrey Smith makes the catch they score a TD on their opening drive.

Kap had 3 incompletions:

Throw away when pressured

Overthrow to Boldin

Pass put in right spot: back-shoulder to Torrey and he dropped it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":3svpqsqp said:
TAB420":3svpqsqp said:
Hasselbeck":3svpqsqp said:

Give some credit to the DB. He reached in and knocked the ball out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":28jtfvzw said:
Marvin49":28jtfvzw said:
TAB420":28jtfvzw said:
Hasselbeck":28jtfvzw said:

Give some credit to the DB. He reached in and knocked the ball out.

He did. It was a good play...just sayin it's not like Kap sucked or something. He put the ball in the right spot.

TAB420

Reaction score
He did. It was a good play...just sayin it's not like Kap sucked or something. He put the ball in the right spot.[/quote]

3/8 and 27 yrds, in two games...Paint it what ever color you want. No one said Kaep sucked Marvin. I just think the offense moved better with your backup, like last week. I was giving your backup QB a little credit, thought he played well the last two weeks.................Kaepernick sucks. :stirthepot:

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":2xbct4gb said:
He did. It was a good play...just sayin it's not like Kap sucked or something. He put the ball in the right spot.

3/8 and 27 yrds, in two games...Paint it what ever color you want. No one said Kaep sucked Marvin. I just think the offense moved better with your backup, like last week. I was giving your backup QB a little credit, thought he played well the last two weeks.................Kaepernick sucks. :stirthepot:[/quote]

If you are saying that Gabbert looks shockingly decent, then I'd agree with you but caution that he's playing largely against #2 defenders. I'm impressed with him so far this preseason.

Kap isn't setting the world on fire, but 2 of this 5 incompletions are scramble/throwaways, one drop, and 2 legit overthrows...one if which was 55 yards downfield.

I'll say this tho...Carlos Hyde looks pretty damn good cutting back on those stretch runs. ;-)

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":3t35zmbt said:
TAB420":3t35zmbt said:

3/8 and 27 yrds, in two games...Paint it what ever color you want. No one said Kaep sucked Marvin. I just think the offense moved better with your backup, like last week. I was giving your backup QB a little credit, thought he played well the last two weeks.................Kaepernick sucks. :stirthepot:

If you are saying that Gabbert looks shockingly decent, then I'd agree with you but caution that he's playing largely against #2 defenders. I'm impressed with him so far this preseason.

Kap isn't setting the world on fire, but 2 of this 5 incompletions are scramble/throwaways, one drop, and 2 legit overthrows...one if which was 55 yards downfield.

I'll say this tho...Carlos Hyde looks pretty damn good cutting back on those stretch runs. ;-)[/quote]

Just saying Gabbert looked pretty good. That is all.

rideaducati

Reaction score
TAB420":v6kyr8hi said:

3/8 and 27 yrds, in two games...Paint it what ever color you want. No one said Kaep sucked Marvin. I just think the offense moved better with your backup, like last week. I was giving your backup QB a little credit, thought he played well the last two weeks.................Kaepernick sucks. :stirthepot:[/quote]

I said Kaep sucks...Not in this thread, but I've said it. What I said still stands too.

Torrey Smith dropped a perfectly thrown pass? That is one of the reasons Baltimore got rid of him. We'll get to see plenty more drops, but the perfectly thrown passes will be few and far between.

Gabbert will always look better than Kaep because he is a better QB.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":1naqa49v said:
Torrey Smith dropped a perfectly thrown pass? That is one of the reasons Baltimore got rid of him. We'll get to see plenty more drops, but the perfectly thrown passes will be few and far between.

TBF it sounds like you're posting without having actually watched the game or play in question.

The pass was exactly where you want it to be, and Smith didn't drop it either. It was just an excellent defensive play, which happens. It's neither an easy pass or easy catch, but the "story" of that play is really good coverage.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2kcgy7lq said:
rideaducati":2kcgy7lq said:

TBF it sounds like you're posting without having actually watched the game or play in question.

The pass was exactly where you want it to be, and Smith didn't drop it either. It was just an excellent defensive play, which happens. It's neither an easy pass or easy catch, but the "story" of that play is really good coverage.

I'm more surprised by the perfectly placed pass. Those are rare with Kaepernick. The receivers are relied upon to bail Kaepernick out most of the time and I don't think Torrey is that kind of receiver.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are going to miss Murray way more than they think they will..............and their defense isn't going to play WAY over their heads like last year.

With the Giants looking better, and Eagles playing well, I think the Cowboys will be lucky to win 9-10 games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1texkgru said:
Sgt. Largent":1texkgru said:
I think the Cowboys are going to miss Murray way more than they think they will..............and their defense isn't going to play WAY over their heads like last year.

With the Giants looking better, and Eagles playing well, I think the Cowboys will be lucky to win 9-10 games.

I dunno, Dallass' pass rush looks improved with Hardy and that new kid they picked up in the draft. A good pass rush can mask a lot of other deficiencies on a Defense, especially in that division.

I agree, I see the Cowboys as I see the Cardinals. Good front 7, below average secondary...........and good QB play if healthy, but very questionable running game.

So like the Cards, could be a 10-12 win team if everyone stays healthy and Defense doesn't crumble down the stretch like last year...............or could be what I think they are, 8-19 win team at best.

Latest posts