NFL GamePass

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
FYI, "NFL Rewind" is now defunct and is now "NFL GamePass". My understanding is that the preseason games will now be available as part of the subscription.

I was indeed able to view the Steelers-Vikings game today on the NFL GamePass applet.

I also noticed something new (or at least I didn't realize this was an option last year)...you're now able to view the game with a choice of broadcasters! You can pick National crew (e.g. NBC crew), local Home team broadcasters, or local Visitors broadcasters. See right lower corner, hover on the icon just to the right of the volume icon and a pop-up menu will show the options.

Also, slightly off-topic is that the NFL will be putting RFID chips in the shoulder pads. This allows Microsoft to present some really interesting replay options. The catch is that you would have to view it on XBOX One or Microsoft 10. I have neither, but just might upgrade to Microsoft 10 if this thing pans out with good reviews. Check out this article:
http://gizmodo.com/nfl-replays-are-about-to-get-packed-with-juicy-player-s-1722670464

uncle fester

Reaction score
The 'choice of broadcasters' option might just be restricted to preseason games - it has been up to now, at least. It'd be nice if they extend it to regular season though!

Rex

Reaction score
If by local broadcasters you mean the local radio broadcast that would be great! :th2thumbs:

uncle fester

Reaction score
Don't think it's Raible, (though that would be spectacular!) Definitely watched preseason games with Curt Menefee and Brock Huard doing commentary on GamePass. It doesn't necessarily follow that home games get home commentary either. Titans preseason commentators are the dullest by a country mile - that might have something to do with their subject matter, I suppose.

FlayvaMeister

Reaction score
"HunnyBadger"]FYI, "NFL Rewind" is now defunct and is now "NFL GamePass". My understanding is
that the preseason games will now be available as part of the subscription.

GamePass, is -- and has been -- the NFL's International version of Sunday Ticket, for some years now.
After some checking, the package you speak of, is their Domestic version. If you live outside of the USA
and its territories, the original GamePass, is the go-to-choice for viewing games.

I was indeed able to view the Steelers-Vikings game today on the NFL GamePass applet.

This is the norm, for all games ... however, it will depend upon which package -- and there are
3 -- you decide to subscribe to, being: 1) Season Plus, 2) Season, 3) Follow Your Team ...

"I also noticed something new (or at least I didn't realize this was an option last year)...you're now
able to view the game with a choice of broadcasters! You can pick National crew (e.g. NBC crew),
local Home team broadcasters, or local Visitors broadcasters. See right lower corner, hover on the
icon just to the right of the volume icon and a pop-up menu will show the options".

This, has also been a standard feature of GamePass, over the past 5 seasons, in which I've had a
subscription.Usually, it's the option of the local broadcast, the visitors broadcast, or audio in Spanish.
TBH, I can't recall if the radio version of the broadcasts has been on offer. I've also noticed, that the
selection of the various audio options on offer, varies from game-to-game, depending on the market.

With the exception of those UK subscribers; because they have a contract with the NFL, there are no
Black Out Games ... the list of features offered in Gamepass Int'l (IMO) is better than those of Sunday
Ticket, as per their respective price points.

The NFL raised the price of GamePass Int'l for the 2015/2016 season, to reflect the FX rate for all
foreign market currencies, versus the US Dollar. With regard to the Euro, it spelled an increase of Euro
40.00 this season for me. All-in-All, I find it a better value -- when all things are compared -- than Sunday
Ticket.

If you use a VPN, or are savvy enough to tweak your router's settings, you might find that the international
version of GamePass is something you can live with. GamePass Int'l, also offers its subscriber an option
of a one-time payment in full, or 4 equal payments against your Credit/Debit Card, over the 1st 4 months
of the season. I also noticed, that the price point, is higher than the price I'm paying, even with the 1st increase
in 5 seasons.

The subscription period, runs a Full Year ... usually, from the Hall of Fame Game, until the day before that
game, the following season ... that is, if you purchase the Season Plus option. The other 2 packages, will
require another cash outlay, to view Playoff Games, and beyond.

If you are behind a VPN, or have your router configured to show that you reside outside the USA and its
territories, check this link, and do a Feature vs. Price Point comparison of Sunday Ticket, versus GamePass
and GamePass Domestic: https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FlayvaMeister":3o1h2t8f said:
"HunnyBadger"]FYI, "NFL Rewind" is now defunct and is now "NFL GamePass". My understanding is
that the preseason games will now be available as part of the subscription.

GamePass, is -- and has been -- the NFL's International version of Sunday Ticket, for some years now.
After some checking, the package you speak of, is their Domestic version. If you live outside of the USA
and its territories, the original GamePass, is the go-to-choice for viewing games.

This is the norm, for all games ... however, it will depend upon which package -- and there are
3 -- you decide to subscribe to, being: 1) Season Plus, 2) Season, 3) Follow Your Team ...

"I also noticed something new (or at least I didn't realize this was an option last year)...you're now
able to view the game with a choice of broadcasters! You can pick National crew (e.g. NBC crew),
local Home team broadcasters, or local Visitors broadcasters. See right lower corner, hover on the
icon just to the right of the volume icon and a pop-up menu will show the options".

This, has also been a standard feature of GamePass, over the past 5 seasons, in which I've had a
subscription.Usually, it's the option of the local broadcast, the visitors broadcast, or audio in Spanish.
TBH, I can't recall if the radio version of the broadcasts has been on offer. I've also noticed, that the
selection of the various audio options on offer, varies from game-to-game, depending on the market.

With the exception of those UK subscribers; because they a contract with the NFL, there are no Black
Out Games ... the list of features offered in Gamepass Int'l (IMO) is better than those of Sunday Ticket,
as per their respective price points.

The NFL raised the price of GamePass Int'l for the 2015/2016 season, to reflect the FX rate for all
foreign market currencies, versus the US Dollar. With regard to the Euro, it spelled an increase of Euro
40.00 this season for me. All-in-All, I find it a better value -- when all things are compared -- than Sunday
Ticket.

If you use a VPN, or are savvy enough to tweak your router's settings, you might find that the international
version of GamePass is something you can live with. GamePass Int'l, also offers its subscriber an option
of a one-time payment in full, or 4 equal payments against your Credit/Debit Card, over the 1st 4 months
of the season. I also noticed, the try price point, is higher than the price I'm paying, even with the 1st increase
in 5 seasons.

The subscription period, runs a Full Year ... usually, from the Hall of Fame Game, until the day before that
game, the following season ... that is, if you purchase the Season Plus option. The other 2 packages, will
require another cash outlay, to view Playoff Games, and beyond.

If you are behind a VPN, or have your router configured to show that you reside outside the USA and its
territories, check this link, and do a Feature vs. Price Point comparison of Sunday Ticket, versus GamePass
and GamePass Domestic: https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

Thanks for this information....however....HOW did you get Russell Wilson as your avatar????

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The NFL needs to stop the traditional cable/satellite TV circle jerk model and start selling live HD regular-season games online.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1bodg5f2 said:
The NFL needs to stop the traditional cable/satellite TV circle jerk model and start selling live HD regular-season games online.

Agree.

I think they are close and 2016 will be different.

I am now getting to showcase live games that are not NFL for my work. I'm sure NFL will figure it out and change by 2016. All about the $$$$$.

RedAlice

Reaction score
And if you think the NFL move to LA isn't about this media shift, well keep looking at your pretty Arch.