Ron Jaworski's QB Countdown

TAB420

Reaction score
I don't even pay attention anymore when it comes to luck.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I would but Brees before Russ and both of them before Luck. Might put Pey Pey after Luck too if his arm strength is as poor as I'm suspecting it will be. Rivers should be ahead of Rapistberger too.
Overall though, pretty decent rankings IMO. I look for Carr and Bridgewater to move up next year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
For possibly being the greatest QB of all time, Kaepernick seems to be going the wrong way on this list.

"I truly believe Colin Kaepernick could be one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, I love his skill set. I think the sky's the limit."

-Ron Jaworski

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Brady's on there, but I don't see any asterisks. How good is/was Brady? We'll never really know. It's weird to think that one of the most visible and celebrated players of our era is now so bound up with cheating that we'll never be able to truly assess his talent or his career when it mercifully comes to end.

He's a mystery with dreamy eyes and a fetching dimple.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Newton seems too low , I prefer him to the four guys ahead of him.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's impossible to take anything Jaws says seriously after announcing Kaepernick had the potential to be the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL and last year Nick Foles was better than Russell Wilson.

Two totally lamentable suggestions. It doesn't matter how much tape he watches -- his reputation as an evaluator has to be shot after these misguided statements. I mean, there's getting it wrong and there's getting it wrong.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
#25 RGIII

ESPN’s Ron Jaworski is especially high on Griffin’s NFL prospects, and Jaws was also in attendance at the Baylor workout.

“The throws he made were all bona fide NFL-type throws,” Jaworski said, per the Associated Press. “He’s going to be a superstar at the next level. He put on a clinical exhibition here today.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not wild about Newton, but no way is he worse than Tannehill, Dalton, or Smith, and I'd call it a wash between him and Kaepernick. Newton has better numbers, but Kaepernick has had more success.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Manning should be a bit lower based on his duck throws and no mobility...Thought they would have Luck higher. Wilson is too short, no black enough, and too religious to be any higher...

kobebryant

Reaction score
ctrcat":2vyt9lel said:
kobebryant":2vyt9lel said:

You're not wrong but it's a never ending story. Some simply hate admitting they were wrong as this montage among countless others shows (Gabbert? Tebow?). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jTx7KjrT28

I like Cam.

I think he is still unfairly paying the price for the ridiculous, unfair, and unquantifiable (somewhat cloaked racism) narrative posited about him early.

Sure, stealing a laptop when you're a teenager is a bad move, but we've all done stupid things around that age.

Now that he's shaken the poor body language from the way he carries himself, he should be seen for the big armed, quality leader, multi-dimensional, great bodied, and genuinely good person at QB that he is.

That late playoff pick to Kam was undoubtedly a poor play, but the seemingly critique proof Peyton Manning threw that exact same pick to the same player in week three.

ctrcat

Reaction score
kobebryant":1mjec713 said:
ctrcat":1mjec713 said:
kobebryant":1mjec713 said:

You're not wrong but it's a never ending story. Some simply hate admitting they were wrong as this montage among countless others shows (Gabbert? Tebow?). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jTx7KjrT28

I like Cam.

I think he is still unfairly paying the price for the ridiculous, unfair, and unquantifiable (somewhat cloaked racism) narrative posited about him early.

Sure, stealing a laptop when you're a teenager is a bad move, but we've all done stupid things around that age.

Now that he's shaken the poor body language from the way he carries himself, he should be seen for the big armed, quality leader, multi-dimensional, great bodied, and genuinely good person at QB that he is.

That late playoff pick to Kam was undoubtedly a poor play, but the seemingly critique proof Peyton Manning threw that exact same pick to the same player in week three.

Great post.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":12f05hms said:
It's impossible to take anything Jaws says seriously after announcing Kaepernick had the potential to be the greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL and last year Nick Foles was better than Russell Wilson.

Two totally lamentable suggestions. It doesn't matter how much tape he watches -- his reputation as an evaluator has to be shot after these misguided statements. I mean, there's getting it wrong and there's getting it wrong.
There is a reason Jaws isn't employed by any NFL team as a talent evaluator.......

He sucks at it!

rideaducati

Reaction score
One through 13, the list looks good, but after that it seems as though Jaworski has lost his mind. I understand the rookies being at the bottom because they haven't done anything yet, but having to start at zero is better than some of these guys that have already proven to be really bad.

15 for Kaepernick is at least 10 spots too high on that list too. I've seen better play from Teddy Bridgwater and Carr as rookies than I have ever seen from Kaepernick.

If you can find a highlight video of Kaepernick THROWING the ball, compare it to Bridgewater and Carr highlight videos. Pay attention to passes that are thrown where only the intended WR can catch them into tight windows and poor decisions thrown into double coverage with lucky outcomes. Look closely at the timing of the throws once they reach their drop back point. Watch what the QB does when his first option isn't an option. Watch their footwork when they throw the ball and then watch how much the WR has to adjust to get to the ball.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how Kaepernick can be ranked higher than a lot of the guys on that list as a QUARTERBACK. He looks clunky and mechanical where most of the other guys on the list look fluid and comfortable.