TNF to feature color vs. color uniforms this season.

253hawk

Reaction score
I wonder if the NFL will allow alternates to be used without counting against the 'twice per season' rule due to games like Ravens/Steelers (Ravens purple instead) and Falcons/Saints (Falcons red.)

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
253hawk":29l2gr3o said:
I wonder if the NFL will allow alternates to be used without counting against the 'twice per season' rule due to games like Ravens/Steelers (Ravens purple instead) and Falcons/Saints (Falcons red.)

I doubt it will count as an alternate. Miami, Carolina, and Dallas all typically force their opponents to wear their home unis at their home games.

Marvin49

Reaction score
OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":39gntd99 said:
Maulbert":39gntd99 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrianCarriveau/status/626072790131564544[/tweet]

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-T...s-to-feature-color-on-color-uniforms-38430463

I'd love to see the Hawks go color vs. color against the Niners this season.

Queue the "Seahawks own Levis" jokes.

All kidding aside tho, it would be cool to see both teams in home colors, though I thought that game might be a candidate for Niners to wear their all blacks.

Niners all-black, Hawks all-grey maybe? That would certainly be....... interesting.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":1gw9cy5f said:
Marvin49":1gw9cy5f said:
Maulbert":1gw9cy5f said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrianCarriveau/status/626072790131564544[/tweet]

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-T...s-to-feature-color-on-color-uniforms-38430463

I'd love to see the Hawks go color vs. color against the Niners this season.

Queue the "Seahawks own Levis" jokes.

All kidding aside tho, it would be cool to see both teams in home colors, though I thought that game might be a candidate for Niners to wear their all blacks.

Niners all-black, Hawks all-grey maybe? That would certainly be....... interesting.

;-)

To be completely honest I'm VERY skeptical of the all-blacks, but I haven't seen the entire team in them yet so we'll see. Some of the pics I've seen look pretty good...others not so much. Personally, the biggest problem to me is the white and red socks.

This looks pretty good to me...
920x920

This not so much...the socks are killin' me...
49ers Black 13

I hate to admit it, but these are pretty nice...
75274.jpg

I haven't really been a fan of any Seahawks uniform especially since the Nike redesign, but the wolf grey is pretty nice.

The main reason tho I thought the Niners would wear them that night is the heat at Levi's especially this summer. I can't see them wearing them for a 1:00 kickoff...so Monday Night Opener and game vs Seattle seem like prime candidates.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Color-on-color is great with me, and it actually has decades of historical precedent, to boot.

tempSteelersbyDecade_1940s_0002--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Yeah Marv, the white socks ruin the whole look to my eyes too. Otherwise, those are sharp unis. The red and gold contrast well with the black.

There are definitely weeks that this won't work cuz of both teams having same color home unis as 253hawk mentioned above. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2d5eenir said:
Yeah Marv, the white socks ruin the whole look to my eyes too. Otherwise, those are sharp unis. The red and gold contrast well with the black.

There are definitely weeks that this won't work cuz of both teams having same color home unis as 253hawk mentioned above. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

My only hope is that the opt for much more red than white in those socks (seems to vary player to player) and use black tape to further reduce the white.

For example, this is how Hyde wore those same socks when modeling for Rookie Premiere...
20140531 gav sv5 0090

...but this is how they looked when he actually got to the games.
F5fdd565f97dd31 5e1315ebfa8f409baf5fdd565f97dd31 0

Who knows. We'll see.