Reggie Wayne wants to play one more year for a contender

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seattle Seahawks: As Grantland's Bill Barnwell wrote last week, every single receiver that Russell Wilson threw a pass to in the Super Bowl was undrafted. Seattle added fellow former Hurricane Jimmy Graham earlier this offseason and spent a third-round pick on Kansas State's Tyler Lockett, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be room for a role for Wayne. The team's top wideouts are still probably Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse, who while solid, aren't necessarily the kind of guys who you can't ever take off the field. And heading to Seattle would certainly get Wayne to a contender.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... s-that-fit

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sounds more like something the niners would do and from reading niner forums, they're a contender too. :snack:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ha! I just clicked on the article and saw KC on the list. I needed a good laugh... KC is not even an old receiver away from contending for their own division and what receiver in his right mind would pin his hopes on Alex Smith?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":1hdjzkoo said:
Ha! I just clicked on the article and saw KC on the list. I needed a good laugh... KC is not even an old receiver away from contending for their own division and what receiver in his right mind would pin his hopes on Alex Smith?
Correct. Jeremy Maclin won't solve the actual issue but he will help at least. Worst case scenario they're around 7-9 but if Denver regresses as expected 10-6 is certainly doable.

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":bns5qu0f said:
rideaducati":bns5qu0f said:
Correct. Jeremy Maclin won't solve the actual issue but he will help at least. Worst case scenario they're around 7-9 but if Denver regresses as expected 10-6 is certainly doable.

I really don't see how Maclin is going to help. Alex Smith DOESN'T throw the ball more than five yards down the field and Maclin is more of a deep threat.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
I would much rather give guys like Matthews and Norwood chances to grow and give them the reps. We aren't a team that needs to give old guys like Reggie Wayne playing time. We develop youth.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
keatonisballin":1jdot7sa said:
I would much rather give guys like Matthews and Norwood chances to grow and give them the reps. We aren't a team that needs to give old guys like Reggie Wayne playing time. We develop youth.
I am good with this for the foreseeable future given we finally have a top tier receiver in Jimmy Graham.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":1wp21db2 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1wp21db2 said:
rideaducati":1wp21db2 said:

I really don't see how Maclin is going to help. Alex Smith DOESN'T throw the ball more than five yards down the field and Maclin is more of a deep threat.
Why are you arguing with me? I did say help not solve right? I'm starting to think you live in Denver or something. :stirthepot:

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":24tq177l said:
rideaducati":24tq177l said:
MizzouHawkGal":24tq177l said:
rideaducati":24tq177l said:

Why are you arguing with me? I did say help not solve right? I'm starting to think you live in Denver or something. :stirthepot:

I'm not arguing with you, I just pointed out that I don't think Reggie Wayne would be of any help. You chimed in with Maclin and I pointed out how that won't be of much help either. I'm beginning to think you're a closet Chiefs fan or something.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Well it would be funny to see Wilson get Wayne a ring after Luck failed to do so.

I'm with the crowd thinking we don't really need him but I could see Ricardo Lockette being replaced by him possibly. Maybe not though because with Lane out Lockette is our best Gunner. I can't think of another receiver I would take him over though. Even Mathews who has some serious upside.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin is a younger version of Reggie Wayne. That's the biggest reason Wayne isn't needed here. Plus now they have K. Lockett.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
rideaducati":104gcj6h said:
I'm not arguing with you, I just pointed out that I don't think Reggie Wayne would be of any help. You chimed in with Maclin and I pointed out how that won't be of much help either. I'm beginning to think you're a closet Chiefs fan or something.

Not a closet Chiefs fan. I think it is fairly obvious.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawkfan68":wnj9cob2 said:
Doug Baldwin is a younger version of Reggie Wayne. That's the biggest reason Wayne isn't needed here. Plus now they have K. Lockett.

Uhh, no. Just no, and that's not even throwing any shade on Baldwin.

It would take a lot to convince me that the Patriots aren't the best match for him.

sutz

Reaction score
I think Wayne is done like dinner. Y'all forgot to mention there is a P Richardson in our future, too. Somehow I doubt his injury is career ending. If it was, we'd have done an injury settlement and got him off the roster by now.

I have never been as concerned about our receiver crew as some around here. Another aging veteran 'solution' would be a waste of resources, IMHO, even for a player with Wayne's resume. I mean, how many vet WRs have paraded through here and actually made a difference? Our offense basically doesn't allow for a WR to make a huge difference.

Enough with the reclamation projects. We have young guys who are just coming into their primes. Let them play.