Preseason All-NFC West Team

hawknation2015

Reaction score
OFFENSE
Quarterback: Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

That one infamous goal-line pass doesn't negate the fact he's been nails in big spots over his first three years in the league. And he's the NFL's best functional scrambler since Steve Young.

Running back: Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks

High-pedigree youngsters Todd Gurley and Carlos Hyde can battle it out to back up pro football's most devastating (and petulant) RB, a guy who not only bounces off contact, but actually seeks it out.

For the rest: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -west-team

In addition to Wilson and Lynch, other Seahawks featured include Baldwin, Graham, Bennett, Wagner, Sherman, and Thomas, and Chancellor.

Seahawks - 9
Cardinals - 6
49ers - 6
Rams - 4

Laloosh

Reaction score
No John Ryan? That's absurd... dude had a TD in the NFCC.

ringless

Reaction score
This is the hardest part of the year for me in the NFL season. The time between minicamp and training camp is brutal. Absolutely nothing happening. At least after the season you start looking at the draft, FA, and then right after minicamp. These next 44 days are tough, barren...

Anyways I felt the article was pretty accurate. There aren't any W/R in this division that strike fear into anyone. The OL is inline with what I was thinking in the sense AZ at this time (and first time ever) have the best OL in the division... But maybe the weakest pass rushing group until Washington gets off suspension.

Obviously the Seahawks have the deepest and most talented roster and will again be the favorites.

The Rams have possibly the scariest DL in the NFL, but outside of that there OL is questionable. QB is questionable, and even more so in this division.

The 49ers took some steps back depth and talent wise. It will be interesting so see if the camp reports hold true and Bowman is himself....

Its going to be hard to survive the drought of football related news and activities until training camp starts but I can't wait to see how things start shaping up to start the season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well this off season should have some news between now and mid July, Brady deflategate has to be announced I would think, the 49ers are good for something every couple weeks to laugh at these days, and Chip Kelly should make a splash.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Yikes that all NFC West Offensive Line outlines just how porous all our Oline's are....

I think Staley is all pro level

Iupati is a tad overrated, but has some all pros

Kilgore was injured last year

Boone is okay

Veldheer is above average

Arizona might have the best OL overall, but only one legit pass protector on the entire roster in Veldheer...the Niners will be depending on a mix of vets and youth, while the Rams will be relying on talented but completely unproven players, and an injury prone Rodger Saffold, and the Seahawks....well the fans on this site have made known their feelings about their offensive line.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Dameshek is a smart and likable guy, even though I sometimes find his football opinions overly simplistic.

In this case, I really need to give him credit for having the guts to leave Larry Fitzgerald off the list, despite the fact that the NFC West had just one 1000 yard receiver last year (Boldin). I personally wouldn't trade Doug Baldwin for the current version of Fitzgerald, and neither would Dameshek. Good for him.

I would put Sweezy ahead of Boone at RG, but Boone probably has the better reputation, so I can't complain much.

The rest of the list is pretty much exactly the way I'd have it, though he did have to fudge things a bit to get all the best players in the front seven, like Calais Campbell at DT or Aldon Smith in as a 4-3 OLB.

Patrick Peterson has assumed the mantle of "NFL's most over-rated" from Andrew Luck, but it's probably fair to say he's the 2nd best corner in the division now with Maxwell gone.

Hauschka probably should have been picked as the best kicker, but almost every team has a great kicker these days and choosing one over the other is basically splitting hairs.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Would anyone else have gone for Floyd or even John Brown as their WR choice?

ringless

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":34o19oil said:
Would anyone else have gone for Floyd or even John Brown as their WR choice?

While I love Brown and he had a huge impact as a rookie I'd have to say no. I think he really benefited from Larry, who often was bracketed, and Floyd who was having a breakout year. Supposedly he added 10lbs this offseason and has come back quicker, and with a lot more precise route running. But no he isnt the type of player that is a #1 WR. Floyd I think showed last year he can make some big catches. Brown has a tremendous amount of speed and that's his biggest asset. He would often blow past a safety and then it was too late. He isn't the guy that's going to make crucial catches in traffic or catch you a jump ball. or even take over a game

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1wlehin9 said:
Yikes that all NFC West Offensive Line outlines just how porous all our Oline's are....

I think Staley is all pro level

Iupati is a tad overrated, but has some all pros

Kilgore was injured last year

Boone is okay

Veldheer is above average

Arizona might have the best OL overall, but only one legit pass protector on the entire roster in Veldheer...the Niners will be depending on a mix of vets and youth, while the Rams will be relying on talented but completely unproven players, and an injury prone Rodger Saffold, and the Seahawks....well the fans on this site have made known their feelings about their offensive line.

I agree with the top minus Veldheer. He's nowhere near "above average", he's legit. One of the best tackles in the league.