Whose roster would you rather have?

Who has the 2nd best roster in the NFC West?

• Cardinals

Votes: 32 39.5%
  • Rams

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • 49ers

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Interested to see who Seahawks fans think the 2nd most talented team in the division is.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ramfan128":326cqa9m said:
Interested to see who Seahawks fans think the 2nd most talented team in the division is.

Pretty sure I can say who they'll vote as the 4th. :D

OP
OP
R

Ramfan128

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ymyfdhc said:
I'd take the Raiders' roster over those three showers of shite. I'm 100% serious.

Oh c'mon....the Rams and Cards clearly have better rosters than the Raiders. I'd say the Niners do too.

We did beat the Raiders 52-0 last year...

Maulbert

Reaction score
I'd go:

2. Rams
3. 49ers
4. Cards

I don't really know how the Cardinals won 11 games last year. They were ranked 24th in both offensive and defensive yards last season (and 23rd with Palmer, so that excuse is bull) and gave up over 500 yards 4 times ( Den, Phi, Atl, and us). I really believe it's all Arians. I'd be terrified of what he could do with real talent instead of geriatrics.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":1qxh2sc0 said:
I'd go:

2. Rams
3. 49ers
4. Cards

I don't really know how the Cardinals won 11 games last year. They were ranked 24th in both offensive and defensive yards last season (and 23rd with Palmer, so that excuse is bull) and gave up over 500 yards 4 times ( Den, Phi, Atl, and us). I really believe it's all Arians. I'd be terrified of what he could do with real talent instead of geriatrics.

...I'm stunned.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Cardinals, Rams, and 49ers are all about even in talent.

If healthy, Cardinals have the best QB in Palmer. Their offensive line is also looking very good on paper -- probably the best in the division. Rams' OL is a mess, and the 49ers now have some major holes in their OL. Cardinals also have the best receiving corps in the division. Advantage Cardinals.

Cardinals gave up a lot of yards, but they were the 5th best defense in the league last season in points allowed -- just 18.7 per game. 49ers and Rams were pretty similar -- 21.2 and 22.1, respectively. Rams' dominant DL will win them some games, but not consistently.

In terms of coaching, Arians has been better than Fisher. The 49ers are the major losers here under Tomfoola's (mis)direction.

1. Seahawks 14-2
2. Cardinals 11-5
3. Rams 9-7
4. Whiners 6-10

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":coclg9eb said:
Maulbert":coclg9eb said:
I'd go:

2. Rams
3. 49ers
4. Cards

...I'm stunned.

Hey, I'd take Arians over Tomsula any day of the week. Honestly, almost all the great players in Arizona are old. They had the 4th oldest roster in football last season, and while the 49ers were 5th, they have gotten younger. Now, I wouldn't trade Seattle's roster for anyone else's, but overall, I feel that while the Niners and Cards are close in talent (with maybe a slight edge to the Cards) I'd rather have younger players. As for the Rams, Jeff Fisher will figure out how to waste that star-studded defensive line somehow. One thing I'll give Tomsula: at least he doesn't have Fisher's track record.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I just found this article which states that the 49ers current average age is 25.2. That's down from 27.1 last year according to Football Outsiders.

Exittium

Reaction score
hawknation2015":37vsahsu said:

If healthy, Cardinals have the best QB in Palmer. Their offensive line is also looking very good on paper -- probably the best in the division. Rams' OL is a mess, and the 49ers now have some major holes in their OL. Cardinals also have the best receiving corps in the division. Advantage Cardinals.

Cardinals gave up a lot of yards, but they were the 5th best defense in the league last season in points allowed -- just 18.7 per game. 49ers and Rams were pretty similar -- 21.2 and 22.1, respectively. Rams' dominant DL will win them some games, but not consistently.

In terms of coaching, Arians has been better than Fisher. The 49ers are the major losers here under Tomfoola's (mis)direction.

1. Seahawks 14-2
2. Cardinals 11-5
3. Rams 9-7
4. Whiners 6-10

I feel this is pretty accurate. (Although at this point I think the rams and 9ers are going to be competing for the 3rd spot in the division.

My real question though, is our division the hardest still? Or has it softened.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Exittium":1tw3smrs said:
hawknation2015":1tw3smrs said:

1. Seahawks 14-2
2. Cardinals 11-5
3. Rams 9-7
4. Whiners 6-10

I feel this is pretty accurate. (Although at this point I think the rams and 9ers are going to be competing for the 3rd spot in the division.

My real question though, is our division the hardest still? Or has it softened.

49ers are definitely softened. Cardinals and Rams have a chance to field their best teams in years.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams,

Cards are old and have a lot of holes. Long time success is probably not likely.

49ers I think have lost to much, they have good players but I think holes in the wrong places.

Rams are built with a good defense, they have good pieces on offense and not so different from us. Put Pete and our staff at the helm instead of Fisher and I think you would have a real threat.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I went with Rams. They have more holes than Arizona, but that DL can mask a lot of holes.

I'd say Gurley is going to be real tough. Should be the 2nd best RB in the division and the heir apparent to Lynch when he declines.

Foles, if he gives them a competent QB, should be worth at least 3 additional wins by himself. It's a question mark, but he's also flashed talent. So it's not like he's a complete unknown. Palmer just seems like a QB version of Okung. A good player at his position but never seems to be available.

Arizona really did have an early smoke and mirrors type of campaign to start the year. Outplayed in multiple games, but seemed to get a bit lucky early. Obviously didn't get lucky at the end of the season.

SF really is just hurting. They have a lot of replacement options that they've added in the last couple years. If they come through this year, then they should be dangerous. I just think there is so much turnover since 2012 for them that it'll be difficult to replace all of them adequately. They are a young team with a lot of question marks. How they answer will determine how swift the retooling effort goes.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3dt9rs6q said:

The rams have had a talented roster for several seasons but their coaching is awful...same story, different year. Fisher is what is holding them back.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Rams might have the best and deepest defensive line I've ever seen. No question. Rams.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2358ny7j said:

1. Seahawks 14-2
2. Cardinals 11-5
3. Rams 9-7
4. Whiners 6-10

I don't think the cards get to double digit wins this season. I think they used up all their luck last season.

Without Fisher, the rams would definitely hit double digit wins. They'll finally fire Fisher and move back to L.A. where they will actually hire a good high profile coach.

Tomsula will be coaching Baalke's picks, so I doubt they do well. All the players already know who is in charge there, so I could see the Tomsula losing the locker room really quick when they get off to a slow start.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Really don't understand "all the talent" St. Louis has outside of their DL & RBs.
Not sold on Foles, I think he was a product of Chip's system.
Inexperienced OL
Average at best WRs.
I think Olgetree is overrated, but he shows glimpses of greatness at times. The rest of their LBs float between average-mediocre.
EJ Gaines is their best CB & he was just drafted last year. Janoris is a jackass
McLeod is a true SS that's playing FS, aka not good in coverage.
McDonald is solid

volsunghawk

Reaction score
It's really a toss-up.

The Cards have a leg up on the other teams in their secondary and WR corps, but I can't think of another unit that I really like on that team.

The 49ers have some really good individual players, but damn, do they have a lot of questions that need to be answered. If Harbaugh was still there, I could see them bounce back to be an 11-win team, but Tomsula is one of those question marks.

The Rams probably have the only unit that can challenge the Seahawks' secondary for "best in the NFCW" in their D-line, and I love the talent they have in the backfield, but what do they have outside of that, really?

kearly

Reaction score
The part about the Cardinals that is difficult to assess for me, how much of their team strength is personnel and how much of it was brilliant coaching? Because it's not possible to know how much Arians and Bowles elevated their team last year, I feel that I have to give their talent the benefit of the doubt. Remember, this was a team that could have secured HFA with a week to go had they been able to beat Seattle last year.

Palmer is a top 15 QB when healthy.

The Cardinals OL is probably the best all-around OL in the division right now.

Their running game should be much better this year- David Johnson was arguably the 3rd best RB in the draft, he's getting teamed up with an elite change of pace back in Andre Ellington. Expect a LOT of passes to RBs.

Defensively, Campbell is awesome, Washington is good, Peterson can make plays when he feels like it, Cory Redding is getting old but has always passed the eye test. Honey Badger is massively over-rated as a playmaker, but does a lot of quiet things to help his team.

On the negative side, the worst thing about the Cardinals is their historically bad QB depth, which thankfully hasn't improved this offseason. They lost Dockett, Dan Williams, Cromartie. Most importantly, they lost Todd Bowles, who got that defense to outperform its talent level significantly.

Their WR group is mediocre. Not terrible, but it's a group that needs the QB to make them look good, not the other way around.

It's not a great roster, but I would still put them #2. The Rams roster just isn't that good outside of their DL. The 49ers roster is in shambles.

It would not shock me if Seattle was the only team in the NFC West with a winning record this year. I think the Rams and Cardinals will probably end up with 9+ wins, but both of those teams could fall apart very easily.

OP
OP
R

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I figured this would be the case. For what it's worth, I would go:

Rams

Cardinals

Niners

Cards over Niners only because Palmer over Kap for me.

I really like our potential. I've seen some comments about how good our roster is outside of the DL....we have some talented WRs and RBs....the WRs haven't progressed too much because they haven't been playing with an NFL starting QB the last two years. The LBs are solid, and I like the secondary.

All in all I cannot wait for this season to get started....I just hope Foles stays healthy.