Sam Bradford ACL and value

ringless

Reaction score
Today I had seen that Palmer, who tore his ACL in November was back and participating in OTA's as well as completing passes the first day last week. Even scrambling around.

In comparison Bradford on the other hand tore his ACL several months earlier has still not been cleared for practice and is losing extremely valuable time since practices are so limited now. Its been almost two years since he has played football. Not only that a lot of players suffer with huge mental hurdles when coming off a serious injury.

I just wonder if he can even be a shell of the player he had the potential to be. His progress seems to be coming along a little slower (Even for a younger player) and one has to think he will have that fear in the back of his head constantly. The odds are his mobility will have decreased. And after two years off, and two serious injuries chances are he wont come back as a better player but as a worse player.

If I am the Rams I am extremely grateful in what I got in return for him. They got the better QB at this point in time. And scored extra draft picks. A 2nd and 4th and lost a 5th, then cleared cap space......

Does anyone honestly think that Sam Bradford can be a star in the league at this point?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Bradford has always had huge mental hurdles playing QB. Both when healthy or just back from being hurt, so I don't see any reason for this year to be different.

Unless the Eagles really are some massive panacea for him.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Short answer for me would be yes, I think he can still be very good. A star? I don't know what that means I guess. I think if he stays healthy, he will throw for 30+ TDs for the Eagles at some point.

In todays NFL what does that mean? Dalton did it....so not too much.

My stance with him on the Eagles was the same with him on the Rams - I think he can easily be as good as Flacco, and that means he can be good enough to win a superbowl.

I am glad the Rams got something for him, but I'm not sold that we got a better QB. Although, considering Bradford was never healthy, if Foles can stay healthy, we technically got a better QB.

Tical21

Reaction score
Yes, I think Bradford will be a star in this league and is going to be ridiculous in that offense. I like Foles a lot, wanted the Seahawks to draft him, and still think the Eagles got the better player.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Honestly I've never liked Bradford. He always reminded me way too much of Alex Smith.

mikeak

Reaction score
To me the gamble isn't about Bradford being good enough it is simply if he stays healthy.

I am definately not sold on Foles and think it was a fair trade. Foles isn't as good but likelier to stay healthy. Bradford will probably get injured again. So the up and downside is lower / higher with Bradford I think Foles is likelier to get you to 8-8

So if you want to win in this league and risk a bad year - good trade for the Eagles

Jville

Reaction score
mikeak":1pjivbus said:
To me the gamble isn't about Bradford being good enough it is simply if he stays healthy.

I am definately not sold on Foles and think it was a fair trade. Foles isn't as good but likelier to stay healthy. Bradford will probably get injured again. So the up and downside is lower / higher with Bradford I think Foles is likelier to get you to 8-8

So if you want to win in this league and risk a bad year - good trade for the Eagles

You might find the following link interesting >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=110846[/urltargetblank]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":18jvbj6v said:
Honestly I've never liked Bradford. He always reminded me way too much of Alex Smith.
I don't see that Badford is far more willing to throw higher risk passes but is far more injury prone.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I would be surprised if Bradfoed makes it passed the pre season without blowing out his knee...I would put money on it that he will definitely will not last the season...unless he is benched..

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2fs7plqm said:
Marvin49":2fs7plqm said:
I don't see that Badford is far more willing to throw higher risk passes but is far more injury prone.

Probably fair....but when he was in the draft process I couldn't shake how much he reminded me of Alex.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
To answer the OP's question.

I feel that the Rams came off much better as things stan currently. They inherited extra draft picks and got at least a functional QB while Bradford is still not even practicing. Bradford would have to surpass expectations and exceed the value that was given up to be worth it. At this point it is Sanchez who is getting the reps and practicing. Bradford may not even start a game this season. Could you imagine how upsetting that would be as a fan?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ifea1mr said:
MizzouHawkGal":1ifea1mr said:
Marvin49":1ifea1mr said:

Probably fair....but when he was in the draft process I couldn't shake how much he reminded me of Alex.
Fair enough.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'm kinda seriously over discussing Bradford.

HEY: He is NO LONGER the Rams' QB.

And so ends the long, long winter.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":8toz2qix said:
RedAlice":8toz2qix said:
For shame. What would House Stark have to say about this blasphemy?

Not sure. But bet B wishes he was in a jail next to some sand sharks.

Or, maybe he is. Lotsa jails in Philly. :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":2hp2bpan said:
RolandDeschain":2hp2bpan said:
RedAlice":2hp2bpan said:
For shame. What would House Stark have to say about this blasphemy?

Not sure. But bet B wishes he was in a jail next to some sand sharks.

Or, maybe he is. Lotsa jails in Philly. :)
Horrible! Am I going to have to watch you just like Ro?

8)

@ Alice, you do know the nightmare is just going to get worse right? Nick Foles up against the NFCW it's going to be UGLY. The guy is a statue....not good.