NFL Schedule Release Date Set

rideaducati

Reaction score
Now we get to hear all about the "leaked" schedules for the next few weeks...All of them are totally wrong every year, but fun none the less.

My guess is that New England gets their usual three cream puffs to start the season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":26bit6xr said:
Now we get to hear all about the "leaked" schedules for the next few weeks...All of them are totally wrong every year, but fun none the less.

My guess is that New England gets their usual three cream puffs to start the season.

Yea, just like prior to free agency when there are plenty of false rumors about player/team interest, there will be plenty of false rumors about the schedule, but there will be bits put out officially before the entire schedule is released. usually things like Thursday/Monday night football and the Thanksgiving games, along with the Season Opener get released ahead of the complete schedule.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rideaducati":3nfk2txp said:

And since they are in the AFC...3 creampuffs to end the season too. :lol:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hope that we open with Pittsburgh at home.

Bell's suspended (for 3 games) and nothing would be sweeter than starting off with a W over the Stealers.

kidhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":9pivr2ig said:

Bell's suspended (for 3 games) and nothing would be sweeter than starting off with a W over the Stealers.

That's pretty unlikely. The Mariners host games both Sunday and Monday. If i were forced to make a prediction, I'd say we play the Packers in Lambeau. We have to play them at some point. It's a huge game and I'd rather play it before it becomes the frozen tundra

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
New report this weekend says it could be released Tuesday or Wednesday instead of waiting til Thursday. I honestly think the NFL is waiting to see which night will have the fewest NBA & NHL playoff games and release it then.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
kidhawk":3gfbmqat said:
onanygivensunday":3gfbmqat said:

That's pretty unlikely. The Mariners host games both Sunday and Monday. If i were forced to make a prediction, I'd say we play the Packers in Lambeau. We have to play them at some point. It's a huge game and I'd rather play it before it becomes the frozen tundra

Unfortunately it is a big build up game for ratings so it will likely get pushed out a ways. This will likely be billed as the game of the year so I suspect they will want some dramatic build up. The most amazing part of it though is it will not be a prime time game. It will be nationally televised but the NFL has been putting up road blocks the last few years to slow us down and this game will be seen by the league as an opportunity to keep parity. If we had the Colts or Patriots schedule we might go undefeated. That is not good for NFL business so they will continue having us play 5 east coast early starts along with a Thursday night away game against a good team like they did the Niners the last couple of years.

I would bet the only chance this is not a 10:00AM start is if it is a TNF game. I bet money on that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kidhawk":ny096j9f said:
onanygivensunday":ny096j9f said:

The Seahawks aren't going to Green Bay before Thanksgiving.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Schefter said that there are 19 superbowl re-matches in the schedule this season, and that many of them will be highlighted on Thursday Night Football to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the SB.

For both Rams and Hawks, only option is the Steelers at home on a Thursday night if they choose to highlight one of those games. Hawks is more recent, so might be more likely.

ETA: Just realized it's also the only option for the Cards. All three have lost a SB to the Steelers - we are half of their wins.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RedAlice":344dj3wp said:
Schefter said that there are 19 superbowl re-matches in the schedule this season, and that many of them will be highlighted on Thursday Night Football to celebrate the 50th anniversayr of the SB.

For both Rams and Hawks, only option is the Steelers at home on a Thursday night if they choose to highlight one of those games. Hawks is more recent, so might be more likely.

...guess that makes the Niner-Ravens game a Thursday Nighter.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":1di6kvkm said:
Schefter said that there are 19 superbowl re-matches in the schedule this season, and that many of them will be highlighted on Thursday Night Football to celebrate the 50th anniversayr of the SB.

I could get on board with a Thursday night beat down of the Steelers on NFLN.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":28syx0dw said:
SeatownJay":28syx0dw said:
One of the Thanksgiving games will reportedly be Chicago @ Green Bay.

Where they will retire Favre's jersey.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...kers-to-retire-favres-jersey-on-thanksgiving/

Couldn't pick a better team to retire it against. The Bears felt that Favre was their own personal nemesis.....well Bears fans anyway. As good as Rodgers is, the Bears fans I know were very grateful when Favre left the Packers.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/590594392920064002[/tweet]

No Surprise here

rideaducati

Reaction score
kidhawk":1xv04k2r said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/590594392920064002[/tweet]

No Surprise here

One of the Patriots TWO tough games this season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
rideaducati":133karj3 said:
kidhawk":133karj3 said:
onanygivensunday":133karj3 said:

The Seahawks aren't going to Green Bay before Thanksgiving.

Looks like you are incorrect.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -week-two/

Week 2.