BJ Raji signs for 3.5 Million up to 4 mill with incentives

ivotuk

Reaction score
Doesn't bode well for Mebane

The Packers announced the one-year deal on Tuesday.

The NFL Network reported Raji's deal will pay him $3.5 million and could reach $4 million with incentives.

Guion's deal, according to a league source, will pay him $2.75 million but could increase to $3.25 million with incentives.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12589 ... gn-bj-raji

PackerNation

Reaction score
As a Packer fan, both Guion and Raji signing gives us some depth but neither are superstar players either. Both contracts are heavy with incentives and Guion might actually get suspended for his legal trouble. Raji is coming off of a torn bicep and I have not heard if he is even 100%. We gave him a full $4 million last year, guaranteed, so he has been recovering and rehabbing on the Packers dime.

Our Packer fans seem to be pretty split on the signings. Some generally upset and others generally elated. I'll wait until training camp before I pass judgment.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Mebane was a beast before he went down. He is worth every penny we paid him. But going forward his injury had greatly reduced his value and the Seahawks know this. Mebane and Raji are deserving of similar pay, this might help us get Brandon to renegotiate and save us some money.

I really hope we don't have to cut him. I was hoping Clemons would have restructured last season but we saw how that worked out.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Wenhawk":28yxhcdz said:
Mebane was a beast before he went down. He is worth every penny we paid him. But going forward his injury had greatly reduced his value and the Seahawks know this.
From what I have been hearing and reading, it has nothing to do with his injury... and all to do with which downs he is playing.

Of recent, if you're a DT and you're not part of the nickel package (which is used on average 66% of the time), you're no longer worth $5.5M. You're worth closer to $3.5M. The higher paid DTs are part of their teams' nickel package. Example, Michael Bennett.

Hope that Bane sees the light and re-structures.