DL Letroy Guion Visits Seahawks (Re-Signed with Packers)

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to Ian Rapoport the Packers want him back but he is visiting the Seahawks today. Schneider does like to look at ex-Packers, so it makes sense, although I'd be surprised if he didn't end up back in Green Bay. This is likely not going to be a Seahawks story for too long, but there's not much else going on right now that's for sure.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/581569874255749120[/tweet]

Northhawk

Reaction score
Then there's this. Who is the other DT we're looking at?

Twsitter:
Keith Myers
‏@MyersNFL
It seems we've reached about 11:50 on the Brandon Mebane doomsday clock. Seahawks already had 1 NT sign. 2 more in talks with Seahawks now.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Northhawk":p23q5coh said:

Twsitter:
Keith Myers
‏@MyersNFL
It seems we've reached about 11:50 on the Brandon Mebane doomsday clock. Seahawks already had 1 NT sign. 2 more in talks with Seahawks now.

I think people like to be dramatic on twitter. Whether we restructure Mebane or not doesn't alleviate the need to bring in more depth at the position. Even keeping for now, we need to have someone ready to step in moving forward, and people do tend to forget how much we actually rotate or D-line, including Mebane. Depth is vital to what we do.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Our D line was in complete shambles in the second half of the super bowl so the more depth the better

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":a732b6kt said:
Northhawk":a732b6kt said:

Twsitter:
Keith Myers
‏@MyersNFL

I think people like to be dramatic on twitter. Whether we restructure Mebane or not doesn't alleviate the need to bring in more depth at the position. Even keeping for now, we need to have someone ready to step in moving forward, and people do tend to forget how much we actually rotate or D-line, including Mebane. Depth is vital to what we do.

Doesn't change the last part of that "2 more in talks".....

1 would be Guion who is the other?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2t3r6jlu said:
kidhawk":2t3r6jlu said:
Northhawk":2t3r6jlu said:

Twsitter:
Keith Myers
‏@MyersNFL

I have no idea who the others are at this time, but John is almost always looking at loads of people. Besides, in Free Agency, teams often look at multiples to use as a way of trying to negotiate contracts a little more in their favor. Especially the 2nd tier and later free agents as they don't have the same leverage as the top tier free agents have. Heck, we may sign none of them.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
mikeak":11l4l9vv said:
kidhawk":11l4l9vv said:
Northhawk":11l4l9vv said:

Twsitter:
Keith Myers
‏@MyersNFL

My guess is Kevin Williams

TheWalrus

Reaction score
Keith Myers later replied to a tweet saying the other guy is Kevin Williams.

If you sign Guion and bring back Kevin Williams I can honestly see them cutting both McDaniel and Mebane.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
TheWalrus":1gncfrxk said:
Keith Myers later replied to a tweet saying the other guy is Kevin Williams.

If you sign Guion and bring back Kevin Williams I can honestly see them cutting both McDaniel and Mebane.

Yeah, I could see how they'd consider Williams in talks. I don't consider him an addition though as he was here last season. Even signing one more guy doesn't mean immediate cuts IMO. We need the depth, especially with so many coming back from injuries. I can see it leading to a few cuts after training camp/pre season depending on how things pan out though.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Remember that article on hawks.com about how the most intense battle was Unger vs. Mebane? Sad if they're both gone.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Might be worth taking this guy away from GBay

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers called Guion "one of my all-time favorite teammates" last month on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show.
"That takes a lot for me to say because he's only been with us for a little bit of time," Rodgers said on his Jan. 6 show.

"From the first day that he got here, there was just an excitement about being in Green Bay. He kind of felt like this was a great opportunity for him to fit in and for him to be a part of something special. He battled through a time where you didn't know he was going to make the team with his hamstring [injury in training camp]. He's become an important player for us. More importantly, he's really kind of brought more of himself to the table. He's made some great pregame speeches. He's practiced really well all year. He's just brought it every single day. He's got an infectious personality that guys really latch on to."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... troy-guion

Seafan

Reaction score
If the Hawks sign him I expect Mebane will be gone. Instead of cutting him I'd hope they'd try to trade him. The raiduhs have money and I'd expect Norton, Quinn or Bradley would be interested.

TAB420

Reaction score
Didn't he get busted with weed and felony possessing a firearm in February?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TAB420":3c5gywer said:

Yes. Why does that matter? Florida let him off with a $5,000.00 fine and dismissed the charges. Not bad for havin 300+ grams of marijuana, 190K, and a firearm on him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
TAB420":jyd4yp25 said:
There is a reason this news breaks on a friday.

TAB420

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1o3slpm3 said:
TAB420":1o3slpm3 said:

Yes. Why does that matter? Florida let him off with a $5,000.00 fine and dismissed the charges. Not bad for havin 300+ grams of marijuana, 190K, and a firearm on him.

Did I say It mattered, or did I ask if it was the him that got busted? I wondered if that could alter Green bays chances of trying to re-sign him.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TAB420":280qsowz said:
CurryStopstheRuns":280qsowz said:
TAB420":280qsowz said:

Did I say It mattered, or did I ask if it was the him that got busted? I wondered if that could alter Green bays chances of trying to re-sign him.

By asking the question you implied that it mattered. By this response, you confirm that it matters. So, yes, you said that it mattered.

TAB420

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3l1p39g8 said:
TAB420":3l1p39g8 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3l1p39g8 said:
TAB420":3l1p39g8 said:

By asking the question you implied that it mattered. By this response, you confirm that it matters. So, yes, you said that it mattered.

Thanks for your opinion.

Now back to the actual question on if it could alter the Packers re-signing him.

McGruff

Reaction score
Re-signed with the Packers . . . joins CJ Davis and CHris Canty as linemen to re-sign with their former teams after visiting the Seahawks.

PackerNation

Reaction score
TAB420":8ebcwufi said:
CurryStopstheRuns":8ebcwufi said:
TAB420":8ebcwufi said:

Yes, it did alter how Green Bay signed him. Originally, Green Bay was going to seek a 2-3 year deal with Guion for more money and more guarantees. After his arrest for having almost a pound of weed, 190K in cash and a semi automatic hand gun on him, Green Bay stepped back and decided to offer him a 1 year deal. Besides all this, he still may face a suspension by the NFL.

You didn't miss out with Guion. He played "OK" last year with some horrible games against your Seahawks. He provides some depth but is not starting caliber. He started for us out of necessity. Raji may or may not be back after he tore a bicep last year in a preseason game, but look for Green Bay to try and draft a starter on DL this year.

Latest posts