Up Yours, EA and Madden (2K Sports is Back?)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NFL 2K5 is my favorite football game of all time. I will be so excited if this actually happens. Even more excited if they someday release it on console. I hate that EA has a monopoly on the NFL. Worst decision ever to monopolize a product like this.

original poster

Reaction score
This is amazing news!

The NBA story mode was truly amazing, put an NFL twist on this and I'm totally sold!

OP
OP
Trenchbroom

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ethcpzrt said:
NFL 2K5 is my favorite football game of all time. I will be so excited if this actually happens. Even more excited if they someday release it on console. I hate that EA has a monopoly on the NFL. Worst decision ever to monopolize a product like this.

Mine as well. 2K5 was a roundhouse punch to EA and their monopolistic response to purchase an exclusive with the NFL was ridiculous. Haven't purchased a new Madden since.

If the graphics upgrade is true, this could be a partial repeat of the Madden 96/NFL Gameday situation, where the new Sony Playstation's NFL Gameday game blew Madden away (Gameday had real 3D graphics on the new PS1 while Madden's graphics were still mostly sprite based). In that case EA didn't even release Madden 96 on 32 bit consoles because they knew they couldn't compete (it was for the PC and 16 bit machines only).

I doubt that Madden will be canceled for the Xbox One/PS4, but it could still be a huge blow to EA, their sales and reputation. Take that monopoly!

Too delicious. :3:

OP
OP
Trenchbroom

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":204rflpl said:
Would be awesome if it happened, but not gonna happen. They're just drumming up interest in their unlicensed game with a rumor that doesn't make any sense.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/03/03/jo ... snt-add-up

Well well...leave it up to a Niner fan to dash all hopes... :evil:

Heh, just kidding. I understand it's a long shot, but one can hope.

Latest posts