Reggie Bush to 49ers

mikeak

Reaction score
Per Schefter

@AdamSchefter: Reggie Bush and 49ers reached agreement, per sources. Bush back in California.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He should be a good compliment to Hyde. SF running game could look pretty good next year with those two.

TAB420

Reaction score
This seems like a downgrade from Gore and Hyde.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No 49er guys comments?HE'S ONE OF YOURS!Gore for Bush what a upgrade.

Brahn

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2xfgvlbk said:

Upgrade/Downgrade either way he is a 3rd down back who maybe in the slot now and then. Their offense appears to be moving away from the old guard. The new guard may trying to spread the field more.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":z7ufrcqv said:
Their PR department will be along shortly to "spin" this and all things Niner.
:snack:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Brahn":172r1whf said:
IndyHawk":172r1whf said:

Upgrade/Downgrade either way he is a 3rd down back who maybe in the slot now and then. Their offense appears to be moving away from the old guard. The new guard may trying to spread the field more.
What kind of money for this 3rd down slot/back are the 49ers paying?

rlkats

Reaction score
Dint think he makes the whole season. What a waste of cash. Oh well. Not to impressed with the signing.

Marvin49

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1xdsbfnl said:

Its not a Gore for Bush trade.

Its Gore for Hyde/Bush/Hunter. They want a 3 headed RB combo.

I like the signing as a change of pace/multipurpose back, but he will certainly not be the Bellcow that Gore has been. That's OK...that's not the intent of the signing.

In bringing in Bush, Torrey Smith, bringing back a hopefully healthy Vernon Davis and giving Hyde a shot, I think they are hoping to have something that was sorely lacking last year. Explosion. Big play ability.

We'll see if it works.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Aside from all of the turnover (players and staff), can't help but think SF's offense is going to surprise some SEA fans. Defense might take a step back but they've learned what not to do with Kaepernick. Bush can catch the ball out of the back field and is still pretty quick. Hyde is going to be an explosive runner imo and Kaepernick will always be a threat to run. If we don't shore up our interior pass rush and retain Mebane to stop the run, I could see them giving us fits. If AZ does sign AP, could be ugly. Our run d was my worry before last year, this year I worry about it again as we will have Jordan and clay to help with the pass rush. Typing this while I cook, hope it makes sense...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Laloosh":1xi1wjkd said:
Aside from all of the turnover (players and staff), can't help but think SF's offense is going to surprise some SEA fans. Defense might take a step back but they've learned what not to do with Kaepernick. Bush can catch the ball out of the back field and is still pretty quick. Hyde is going to be an explosive runner imo and Kaepernick will always be a threat to run. If we don't shore up our interior pass rush and retain Mebane to stop the run, I could see them giving us fits. If AZ does sign AP, could be ugly. Our run d was my worry before last year, this year I worry about it again as we will have Jordan and clay to help with the pass rush. Typing this while I cook, hope it makes sense...
Possible. Another reason Seattle's offense needs to step it up a notch or 2.
Our OC cannot have many SB 49 type brainfarts even in the regular season.
I still expect our rival games to be knock down drag 'me out fights, with little to no room for error.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":33yx6qdv said:

From a personnel perspective, I completely agree...

...but really depends on if Geep Chryst is competent enough to utilize those weapons.

Latest posts