Greg Hardy

getnasty

Reaction score
Whats the story with him? Is he still under contract with Carolina?

Hawks46

Reaction score
The last I read, he was still on the Commissioner's exempt list, but he can look for new contracts. I don't know if this means he's still under contract with Carolina or not, but they've publicly said that he won't be back.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hardy is set to be a FA today along with the rest of the players with expiring contracts and is free to sign with any team

He remains on the commissioner's exempt list, which means any team that signs him can't play him. He can still be suspended by the league so it is completely up in the air when he can play.

I don't see him signing anywhere until time-frame of any forthcoming suspension is made.

Basis4day

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2hx2hpbr said:
With Sheard off the market we have to take a look, right?

What contract can you give before you know if he's suspended?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I would have no problem with Hardy in Seattle. It would have to be a very team friendly deal, with a lot of roster bonuses. An easy to cut contract.

Laloosh

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1e0zufrs said:
Potentially close to signing with a team.

Free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy has started negotiations with a team that does not want to be identified, and others are interested as well, according to his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12474 ... tscenterTW
team that doesn't want to be identified, lol.

Translation: you're dirty so we can't be seen with you but we still want to bump uglies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Laloosh":1spfqy6c said:
dontbelikethat":1spfqy6c said:

Free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy has started negotiations with a team that does not want to be identified, and others are interested as well, according to his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Translation: you're dirty so we can't be seen with you but we still want to bump uglies.
Wonder if playing with no name on his jersey would be part of their contract?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Laloosh":2zmtufkl said:
dontbelikethat":2zmtufkl said:

Lol, possibly just agent talk to bait teams to start bidding or they're going to lose him/ to draw interest.

Mojambo

Reaction score
He's getting pretty big money.

Too much for us to do given the need to up Wags and Wilson.

titan3131

Reaction score
Greg Hardy's agent Drew Rosenhaus revealed that his client is in negotiations with at least one team and is expecting a "strong multiyear deal" in free agency, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN on Friday.

"It's a very positive situation," Rosenhaus said. "While we're waiting to hear from the league, we're working through it, and it has been very encouraging."

Hardy became a free agent on Tuesday despite remaining on the commissioner's exempt list for his off-field trouble. Hardy recently had domestic violence charges against him dropped. At least six teams reportedly have shown interest in the defensive end.

He had 26 sacks in 2012-13 before playing in one game last season. He has tallied 204 total tackles, 34 sacks, 15 passes defensed and seven forced fumbles in his five-year run with the Panthers.

from cbs sports

kearly

Reaction score
Hardy doesn't fit Seattle's mold at DE. He would fit Arizona very well if they consider showing 4-3 looks more often. He's similar to the kinds of huge OLB's that they've drafted in the past. The Raiders make the most sense simply because they are desperate to spend money and are struggling to find takers.

I think he's scum if the reports are even half true, but I think he's one of the best DEs in football. It would suck if he went to the Cards.

titan3131

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how the cowboys with a capp number @ 144 mil already, would be able to sign anyone?