Hawks interested in Julius Thomas

marko358

Reaction score
David Hsu is linking some stuff on Twitter about the Hawks being in the mix for Julius Thomas. Sorry on my phone so linking it is too complicated for me right now.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Here is the actual Bleacher Report from Matt Bowen:

• The Seahawks are looking to upgrade the tight end position, and league sources say Julius Thomas could be in play once he hits the free-agent market. Thomas would give quarterback Russell Wilson a true matchup weapon to target inside the numbers and in the red zone. Think of "50-50" balls that Thomas can go up and get at the point of attack.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2368 ... 1-notebook

Sounds like a lot of speculation.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Maybe its speculation because of the rumors from "unnamed sources" that Seattle reached out to the Broncos about Thomas in a trade for Harvin earlier in the season.

I would expect rumors of interest soon for Jordan Cameron too. Hes the FA TE from the Browns that the unnamed source mentioned we inquired about a trade for with Harvin too.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
We're interested by default. If history is any indication, the ones to keep our eyes are those the rest of the league is overlooking.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
there is no doubt in my mind we will land an impact player at a receiving position this offseason, its just a matter of who and what cost.

My top 10 TE's/receivers "reasonably" available

1. D. Thomas
2. B. Marshall
3. D. Beckam-Green
4. K. White
5. J. Thomas (TE)
6. V. Jackson
7. S. Coates
8. P. Dorsett
9. J. Strong
10. J. Cameron (TE)

If we can get 1-2 of these guys.... wow.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
He's going to get paid like a guy who put up 1500 yards and 24TDs over the past two seasons (while missing three games).

But that would be bad value with the Hawks imo. Absolutely need a redzone threat like him but I think a realistic expectation for Thomas in this offense would be something like 500 yards 6-8 TDs.

He's a West Coast guy who went to high school in Cali and college in Portland, I don't doubt that we would be interested in free agency but he'd have to come for less than what he'd get in Oakland. The best TE's stick around a long time, and at 26, he's got at least another couple of contracts in him. If I was him I'd cash in while my stock was at its highest. Oakland probably makes the most sense at this stage.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":2bjzf8ck said:
there is no doubt in my mind we will land an impact player at a receiving position this offseason, its just a matter of who and what cost.

My top 10 TE's/receivers "reasonably" available

1. D. Thomas
2. B. Marshall
3. D. Beckam-Green
4. K. White
5. J. Thomas (TE)
6. V. Jackson
7. S. Coates
8. P. Dorsett
9. J. Strong
10. J. Cameron (TE)

If we can get 1-2 of these guys.... wow.

Demaryius Thomas should not be on this list. There's no way any team but Denver has a shot at him.