Greg Hardy - How would you react if Seattle signed him?

TheWalrus

Reaction score
Just curious how fans would react to signing Hardy.

If they were interested, they might be able to sell him on the idea of taking a 1 or 2 year deal with the Hawks in the hopes of getting a bigger deal from someone later since his stock is probably pretty low right now, and I'm not sure too many teams are going to want to fork over a huge amount of money for him.

Obviously, the details of his case are pretty awful, and it would look pretty bad from a PR standpoint.

On the football field, combining Hardy, Bennett and Avril together would be pretty awesome.

Not sure how I would feel about it personally, but thought I would gauge the board for their opinion.

Chapman

Reaction score
No thanks.
Suh is about as low as I can go on the Low Life Meter

Rat

Reaction score
I like good players. Therefore, I would be happy to have him on this team.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Don't know enough about the specifics of his DV case to have an legitimate opinion, so I won't speak as to the type of guy he is. Outside of that, I love the player.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Case dismissed. The Carolina Panthers were absolutely railroaded out of 10% of the cap and a franchise DE in 2014.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Doubtful, this case reeks of a payoff. The Accuser mysteriously disappeared right before trial starts.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2i3ldns5 said:
Doubtful, this case reeks of a payoff. The Accuser mysteriously disappeared right before trial starts.

well then money solves all problems..it says on espn that they came to a financial settlement...in Canada that would result in another charge.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Greg Hardy the player would be amazing to have on the team. A DE if that caliber rotating in? Oh wow

Greg Hardy the person carries a horrible perception of being a woman beater. Whether he did it or not doesn't matter because people's minds have been made up the second the news broke about what he alledgely did

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":36h2qfk6 said:
Greg Hardy the player would be amazing to have on the team. A DE if that caliber rotating in? Oh wow

Greg Hardy the person carries a horrible perception of being a woman beater. Whether he did it or not doesn't matter because people's minds have been made up the second the news broke about what he alledgely did

Ray Lewis? Would you have wanted him post MURDER?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":953tyd84 said:
Hawkfan77":953tyd84 said:

Ray Lewis? Would you have wanted him post MURDER?

I'd have taken Lewis on this team right after that situation played out. Absolutely.

And I'd take Hardy, though I'd prefer Suh.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hardy seems like a genuine a-hole through and through.. so no.. would prefer not to have him on the team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hardy is bad news. I think most people realize a payoff was in play here. I would rather the Hawks use the money elsewhere. A lot of negative distraction will probably follow Hardy this year and I don't see the Hawks wanting any part of that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Given the case was dismissed and I wasn't there to see what ACTUALLY happened beyond allegations in the media I say bring him in if the money is right. Then again I would bring in Suh if the money was right before Hardy but you take what you can get and Hardy may be a bargain.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Is there more to his story than just this one instance or details that I am not aware of? I know it looks bad but unless he has a pattern I don't know how you can't question if he was set up by a woman wanting a payoff.

If he is a locker room cancer then no. If he has shown a pattern then no. If there is proof of the act then no but if none of those criteria are met the hell yes. I could care less about an isolated incident as long as he can be a good team mate and keep his nose clean.

chris98251

Reaction score
I had a vision, but it went away, Hardy and Suh, Bennett, Avril, Mebane, Williams, and the rest of our rotation and how good our defense would look and how much more intimidating it would be.

Who would the opposition hate more on that defense.

canfan

Reaction score
Charges were dismissed after the victim failed to make herself available to testify. And on a totally unrelated note (ahem) Hardy just paid an undisclosed amount to said young lady in a settlement of their civil suite. But I'm sure he is an upright citizen and there is no connection between the 2 events! One question...if he does come to Seattle will he be able to bring all of his assault rifles with him, or will he have to start his collection all over again?

Vetamur

Reaction score
ctrcat":3rbrgz4r said:
Case dismissed. The Carolina Panthers were absolutely railroaded out of 10% of the cap and a franchise DE in 2014.

How monumentally naive do you have to believe this. Case was dismissed because the witness couldnt be found. Because shes busy counting her money.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Vetamur":28oz06g6 said:
ctrcat":28oz06g6 said:

How monumentally naive do you have to believe this. Case was dismissed because the witness couldnt be found. Because shes busy counting her money.

Again even if guilty he should have missed 6 games, that was the policy just established. In fact, it was not even established until after the incident itself and many were wondering if even missing SIX games would have been too much since the policy was established AFTER the incident. The league hypocrisy so unreal from so many different angles it's impossible not to see rainbows.

Latest posts