Good Golden Tate Article

jkitsune

Reaction score
Well-written. I'm not sure I buy what he says about Percy, but I enjoyed it anyways. Miss him.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
It's a common belief here that what gets said on an NFL forum has no affect on the players whatsoever. Granted, Tate's troubles are perpetuated much more greatly by members of the professional media than people like us but alas, here's an example of something we've still contributed to. Lets face it. As soon as we start sharing links and spreading opinions on a public forum, we've become members of the media too with only different rewards for our contributions, less oversight, and a much, much smaller audience. What we say, how we say it, and why we say it matters even if it only matters a little in comparison to larger media outlets.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
quote-William-Shakespeare-the-lady-doth-protest-too-much-methinks-101380.png

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Hmmmm two sides to every story. Who to believe the one that has always been silent on the subject, or the one who continuously denies that anything happened. Good try Golden, but sorry I still miss you as a player, but still not buying the story as it was written. Something went down between him and Russell. Don't know what it was, and I am sorry something happened, but something happened.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
tacomahawk":2bilbo6g said:
Hmmmm two sides to every story. Who to believe the one that has always been silent on the subject, or the one who continuously denies that anything happened. Good try Golden, but sorry I still miss you as a player, but still not buying the story as it was written. Something went down between him and Russell. Don't know what it was, and I am sorry something happened, but something happened.

Agreed. This article does nothing to dispel rumors. In fact all it does is draw more attention to a situation that I don't think is even being discussed right now. Something happened and Tate is basically admitting it:

Golden Tate":2bilbo6g said:
His ex-wife, Ashton, is still best friends with my girlfriend. Russell and I were good friends when I was in Seattle, on and off the field

So his girlfriend and Ashton are still best friends and he and Russell were, as in no longer, good friends...hmmm.

He's not here anymore yet he's still trying to be a distraction for Seattle... :141847_bnono:

OP
OP
G

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Many years from now when all this team have retired and we have won numerous championships, I'd love to know exactly what happened with Percy and Golden. Neither are here now and I wonder if it was down to one big incident (or just money in Tate's case), or in Percys case a bust up with a few team mates or just one. I don't want to know though while it;s a distraction.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I appreciate that he has bluntly addressed rumors about him but he went a little overboard with the butthurt about fan reaction to leaving seattle, and the rumors.

he wants to make this whole article about how athletes are perceived, and then hypocritically gets butthurt over what a few strangers on the internet said about him and try to make it sound like they represent some large faction of the fans or something on a campaign against him.

I really like Golden, thought it was foolish to let him go, and wish he were still here. At the same time he's obviously got hurt feelings about the reaction and comes off as maybe even a little insecure about his decision, why else write an article trying to explain it?

anonFAFA

Reaction score
The people that continue to believe the drama stories no matter what truths are told or proven to them are the exact reason the media produces these stories (despite none of it being placed in truth) to begin with. Tate is right. Scandals sell.

This fact is also the only reason reality TV sells... despite everyone knowing it's stage.

Spot on opinion by Tate, IMO.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
He is a hypocrit, love him as an athlete, but seeing what he said about Wilson during the Fauria tweet makes me think there is something else going on. If they are good friends he would of said that him and Wilson are still in contact with each other.

I had a theory back then that Wilson wanted to dedicate his life to football and the whole aspect of it. The only way he could do that is not have any distractions, that would be his wife. I know it's not a popular idea but imagine if he knows that he can't give her that life when he is 24/7 into football and maybe he felt that it wouldn't be easy for her once the spotlight was there.

Seeing that Tate's GF Is Ashton's best friend I'm sure she told her everything in which she told Golden, and maybe that's why Tate might be mad at Wilson for not staying with his wife cause of the dedication to football. This might be why Tate is bitter at Wilson when he was asked about Wilson's QB skills the words "I Guess".

These are just guesses and not saying they are true but just like everything else we won't probably ever know the real truth unless everyone's biography is on the same page.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
anonFAFA":12jmxg2x said:
The people that continue to believe the drama stories no matter what truths are told or proven to them are the exact reason the media produces these stories (despite none of it being placed in truth) to begin with. Tate is right. Scandals sell.

This fact is also the only reason reality TV sells... despite everyone knowing it's stage.

Spot on opinion by Tate, IMO.
Hell dude, it's the only reason the Republican Party sells.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1fwz2m00 said:
tacomahawk":1fwz2m00 said:

Agreed. This article does nothing to dispel rumors. In fact all it does is draw more attention to a situation that I don't think is even being discussed right now. Something happened and Tate is basically admitting it:

Golden Tate":1fwz2m00 said:
His ex-wife, Ashton, is still best friends with my girlfriend. Russell and I were good friends when I was in Seattle, on and off the field

So his girlfriend and Ashton are still best friends and he and Russell were, as in no longer, good friends...hmmm.

He's not here anymore yet he's still trying to be a distraction for Seattle... :141847_bnono:

True or not true I know this - me and my wife has friends that are married. I could go down the list on pretty much every one of them and say which one of each spouse would remain friends with us if that couple got divorced. I can also go down that list and know who would be my friend / my wife's friend if we divorced.

Divorced couples do not (as a general rule) manage to stay friends with the same people.....

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3ab4s31v said:
He is a hypocrit, love him as an athlete, but seeing what he said about Wilson during the Fauria tweet makes me think there is something else going on. If they are good friends he would of said that him and Wilson are still in contact with each other.

I had a theory back then that Wilson wanted to dedicate his life to football and the whole aspect of it. The only way he could do that is not have any distractions, that would be his wife. I know it's not a popular idea but imagine if he knows that he can't give her that life when he is 24/7 into football and maybe he felt that it wouldn't be easy for her once the spotlight was there.

Seeing that Tate's GF Is Ashton's best friend I'm sure she told her everything in which she told Golden, and maybe that's why Tate might be mad at Wilson for not staying with his wife cause of the dedication to football. This might be why Tate is bitter at Wilson when he was asked about Wilson's QB skills the words "I Guess".

These are just guesses and not saying they are true but just like everything else we won't probably ever know the real truth unless everyone's biography is on the same page.

I doubt that. If two guys are close friends, it takes more than two hens trying to villainize the man for breaking off a marriage.

My bet is it's more of Tate taking it to the brink with Aston, then getting caught before actually performing the act. The ol' Bill Clinton "didn't inhale," or, better yet, "did not have sex with that woman" class of technicality.

rain7

Reaction score
My interpretation:

- He and Russ aren't buds anymore(they were in the past)
- Notes that Ashton and his gf are still good friends
- Makes absolutely no effort to explain why he and Russ aren't close while unequivocally denying he did anything to break them up. No attempt to excuse something he may have done

My take is that it's much more likely that Golden feels more wronged by Wilson than the other way around.

rain7

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3jrfr8vs said:
theincrediblesok":3jrfr8vs said:

I doubt that. If two guys are close friends, it takes more than two hens trying to villainize the man for breaking off a marriage.

My bet is it's more of Tate taking it to the brink with Aston, then getting caught before actually performing the act. The ol' Bill Clinton "didn't inhale," or, better yet, "did not have sex with that woman" class of technicality.

And yet his gf and Wilson's x are still best friends? Doubtful

kearly

Reaction score
1. I like Golden Tate and miss him in Seattle.

2. Whatever he did, or whatever others did to him, really isn't any of my business.

3. Wasn't the bruised eye visible on the actual team photo? Granted, it wasn't easy to see.

4. When Harvin was traded to New York, Breno spoke up saying that there were two fights between Harvin and Tate, but that it wasn't a big deal because players fight each other all the time. I think Breno is right. Tate and Harvin are not the only Seahawks to get in physical fights with each other.

5. Golden Tate sent out a tweet a few months ago more or less saying that Wilson accused him of adultery with Ashton. Of course Tate didn't admit to actually being guilty of it, but he did imply that Wilson accused him of it. Conveniently no mention of that in this article, or any attempt to give his side of the story of WHY it is false, other than saying his girlfriend and Ashton are friends... Tate's article did refer to his friendship with Wilson in the past tense. Tate has made it clear by his statements and actions over the past several months that he's not Wilson's biggest fan these days. But again, point #2.

6a. Saying his GF and Ashton are friends isn't meaningful as any kind of evidence. Maybe she knew and forgave. Maybe she heard it but chooses not to believe it. There are other more entertaining theories. It doesn't really mean anything as evidence, it's like saying something racist and afterwards adding "I have friends who are black." But anyway, point #2.

6b. It is also possible that Tate was falsely accused. A false accusation would make all the pieces fit together well enough, but the only question would be why it was made in the first place. I didn't really expect Tate to elaborate there, but he missed an opportunity to fill us in on the critical detail in his story. Of course, point #2.

7. Last point. Tate saying that he chose Detroit is a bit disingenuous. All things being equal, Tate would be in Seattle right now. He badly wanted to stay here, at times coming across pretty desperate in his desire to come back. How often will you hear a player repeatedly say in the media that he'll take a hometown discount a month before hitting FA? But, Seattle gave him a ridiculously low ball offer, which very much goes against how they overpaid so many other in-house players that they wanted to reward. For whatever reason, Seattle didn't really want Tate back. One of the league's most dynamic playmakers who was home grown. And they didn't want him back unless it was on a bargain bin deal. Tate said Seattle's offer was insulting and personally, I agree with him. But I think knowing this FO, there is probably a reason they lowballed. This FO typically does not lowball their own players. It is possible 6b could be that reason. It is possible it could be a different reason.

8. I appreciate that Tate still loves Seattle and the fans. And again, points 1 and 2.