Rookie of the Year...

pehawk

Reaction score
We all know the obvious choices, but, here's who it should be; Teddy Bridgewater.

Saw a tweet the other day that over the last 8 games Teddy was #2 in a lot of QB categories. And, based on the few Vikes games I saw late this season, it makes sense. He's to 2014 what Russell Wilson was to 2012; underrated and probably most deserving OROY but wont get it.

My DROY would be Mack...but I can be swayed on that.

Who you got?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It will probably be Beckum but I'd prefer it to be Bridgewater especially given the circumstances he was against.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I can't help but say Beckham Jr. 1305 yards and 12 TDs in 12 games / 11 starts is monstrous even for a veteran. He made Eli into less of a joke this year. Bridgewater is deserving, but not over that contribution.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2gap2g3o said:
I can't help but say Beckham Jr. 1305 yards and 12 TDs in 12 games / 11 starts is monstrous even for a veteran. He made Eli into less of a joke this year. Bridgewater is deserving, but not over that contribution.

Yeah, I cant fault that logic at all. I'm just an old softy for QB's.

Largent80

Reaction score
Beckum (sp) easily. So hard for rookie WR's to "get it" he not only has "it" but has made one fantastic play after the next, and doing vs. corners like Sherman, easy pick for me.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Under pressure Teddy had a 75.2% completion percentage...under pressure. Tops in the NFL and highest % since 2008.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Excellent WR class this year and it's hard to look beyond them. I'd probably go Mike Evans or Benjamin as to me they have been the stand outs in poor teams although that could be said of OBJ.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":4ik1cogy said:
Excellent WR class this year and it's hard to look beyond them. I'd probably go Mike Evans or Benjamin as to me they have been the stand outs in poor teams although that could be said of OBJ.

No way to Benjamin. Horrid catch rate. There would be at least one post about 'bust' if he was on the Seahawks.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Mack obvious DROY then?

I guess you could make a case for that SF LB with Trex arms, but, he's a one year wonder.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pehawk":1post5fn said:
Mack obvious DROY then?

I guess you could make a case for that SF with LB with Trex arms, but, he's a one year wonder.

I would agree with Mack. Harder to choose defensive players with such a rules bias against them that in turn stops them from mind-blowing dominance.

lucky49

Reaction score
Beckham's stats multiply out to over 1700 yards over 16 games. He's got to win.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":a9b5v410 said:
Mack obvious DROY then?

I guess you could make a case for that SF LB with Trex arms, but, he's a one year wonder.

Hmmm Aaron Donald's been pretty damn good. Ravens don't get in the playoffs without Mosley either. It'd be between them and Mack for me, though I'm leaning toward the latter.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":24wf0mzr said:
pehawk":24wf0mzr said:
Mack obvious DROY then?

Hmmm Aaron Donald's been pretty damn good. Ravens don't get in the playoffs without Mosley either. It'd be between them and Mack for me, though I'm leaning toward the latter.

Yup, I feel dumb. Totally spaced on Donald...it's him over Mack.

I hate you

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":ygw32s5d said:
SomersetHawk":ygw32s5d said:
pehawk":ygw32s5d said:
Mack obvious DROY then?

Yup, I feel dumb. Totally spaced on Donald...it's him over Mack.

I hate you

Feels like he's already been terrorising us for years doesn't it? But nope, he's a rook. I hate that D-line. Set to be the best in football for a while imo. Already better than Detroit's and Suh will be gone, if Clowney recovers then Houston might push them but it's a huge if. Move them to London already.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1y5lo5l0 said:

Ya as much I love Bridgewater since I am also a Vikings fan he wont win it. If he had played the entire season and had all the first team reps like Luck got he would of had a similar season as luck IMO...although I think he did finish with a higher QB rating in the 80s than Luck had in the 70's