Reportedly NO NFL team will move to L.A.in 2015

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I just don't see a team in Los Angeles ever. There is just too much political infighting to actually get a stadium built plus the fact that the local fanbase doesn't really care about the NFL all that much. Being transplants in the majority they tend to root for their hometown teams. Also Los Angeles is a notorious frontrunner fanbase so that makes it even harder.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Can you guys imagine how much money an NFL team would be worth in LA if an NBA, and not even the marquee NBA team in that town was worth $2B? my godddd

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":2o83q49h said:
Can you guys imagine how much money an NFL team would be worth in LA if an NBA, and not even the marquee NBA team in that town was worth $2B? my godddd
By any normal standard Los Angeles should be the best place for an NFL team if not two of them. But it just isn't because they act like a million small towns instead of a unified city.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I love not having a team down here. We get the best games on local TV every week. It would be nice to have the curly horned goats come back so that I could see the Seahawks once a year, but making the trek to Seattle every so often is nice too.

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2v4q7d5c said:
Throwdown":2v4q7d5c said:
By any normal standard Los Angeles should be the best place for an NFL team if not two of them. But it just isn't because they act like a million small towns instead of a unified city.

All the stadium proposals are from guys that want to own the team that comes to L.A.. The one that finally buys a team will get a stadium done rather quickly. They're trying to get the Raiders from Davis and the Rams owner already owns the land to build his. The Rams will be back within a couple years unless St Louis wows him with a new stadium proposal.

HawkinInLA

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":79fexscg said:
I just don't see a team in Los Angeles ever. There is just too much political infighting to actually get a stadium built plus the fact that the local fanbase doesn't really care about the NFL all that much. Being transplants in the majority they tend to root for their hometown teams. Also Los Angeles is a notorious frontrunner fanbase so that makes it even harder.

While your right about the stadium politics, I couldn't disagree more with the rest of your post. Most of the people I know have at least one person in their household who love the NFL. The reason we all love different teams is because we haven't had one in 20 years. That's why I started rooting for the Hawks, because the Raiders and Rams abandoned us.

If a team came to LA they would be accepted with open arms, but it does have to be the right team. Most people I talk to are hoping it's a new team or there's at least a name change. If it's the Raiders most of my friends would love it. There are still a ton of Rams fans here too. I'm personally hoping for a new team who I can adopt as my second team or the Rams so I can watch the Seahawks in LA once a year.

As far as being frontrunners, that must be why I picked the Seahawks 20 yrs ago.