Jon Gruden.....

homerun1970

Reaction score
In the booth he can drool over every QB if goes back to coaching you can only have so many on a roster. I like him in the booth but I do miss his facial expressions. Imagine if him and Harbs could meld together.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
He gets too much crap for his enthusiasm and hyperbole. He understands football and can instantly diagnose what actually happened on a play better than all the other announcers combined.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":1v1a6z9d said:
Signs contract with ESPN for the MNF gig, through 2021.
Guess he's serious bout not wanting to coach.

I'm good with it. I like his style.
The guy makes more money on TV without the stress of being a head coach. Good gig if you can get it.

getnasty

Reaction score
He's just letting Jay Cutler have it tonight, and i love it.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I keep forgetting to bring it up here, but does anyone else get a really weird and lukewarm vibe from Gruden whenever he announces our games and is talking about Russell, compared with how happy and pumped he was when we drafted him?

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Gruden is the new John Madden. Win a Superbowl, get out of coaching young and stay in the booth. Wonder if he'll start travelling from game to game by motor home?

lsheldon

Reaction score
I love listening to Gruden, hated him as the Raiders head coach though. Would love to see Gruden replace Aikman on the Buck & Aikman Fox broadcasts. I hate listening to those two and it seems like we always get them.

endzorn

Reaction score
He's not bad. Anyone else miss the old NBC team of Don Criqui and Bob Trumpy in the 80's? They called a ton AFC West games. Loved them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Smart guy, seems like any time his name is in serious talks with returning to coaching he gets a raise and extension from ESPN.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":y965uc12 said:
Gruden is the new John Madden. Win a Superbowl, get out of coaching young and stay in the booth. Wonder if he'll start travelling from game to game by motor home?

Gruden Football for gaming systems....lol

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkinNY":16twxdbf said:
imnKOgnito":16twxdbf said:

Stop teasing us with the utopian idea of a competing game to Madden. :lol:

TBH, if there was one, Gruden would be perfect for it. Much better than Madden, IMO.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1rrt9gdf said:
HawkinNY":1rrt9gdf said:
imnKOgnito":1rrt9gdf said:

Stop teasing us with the utopian idea of a competing game to Madden. :lol:

TBH, if there was one, Gruden would be perfect for it. Much better than Madden, IMO.

The only problem I can foresee the Gruden game having is that ALL QBs would have a 100 player rating.