AP Appeal Denied

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to Jason La Canfora, it may be announced today.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/543519455511588864[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/543520098368380930[/tweet]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Apparently the appeal was denied. No Peterson for the rest of this season

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/543529346338930688[/tweet]

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wow. I certainly have mixed emotions re this. Unless there's (even) more to the story than we know, pretty steep, thinks me.

Not once did ever I spank or hit my kids. I told them they were too smart for that and subsequently, I didn't believe I'd get favorable results via the administration of pain. In hindsight, they could have used a bit of corporal punishment now and again. Whipping a kid until he bleeds? That's an entirely different thing, but based on what we know about AP, I assume he felt he was doing the right thing at the time (?). As in, I'm sure that's how he was brought up and more times than not a father will likely emulate his own father.

I do understand AP has several kids from several women. That seems to be the biggest knock on the guy's character (prior to this). I don't see how that makes him a bad or indecent man. Not so long as he's supporting them (and the moms). I think a stiff fine, time served (NFL) and 100 hrs of community service (speaking on child abuse) would be adequate punishment (based on what I know about the case). Wasn't (?) Stallworth convicted of manslaughter (or) negligent homicide and his punishment way less than this? I hate people being turned into poster boys for the latest hot topic and I hope AP, his son and the mom work their way through this. I do hope to see AP run again.

CHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow said:
Wow.

Whipping a kid until he bleeds? That's an entirely different thing, but based on what we know about AP, I assume he felt he was doing the right thing at the time (?). As in, I'm sure that's how he was brought up and more times than not a father will likely emulate his own father.

That's what I'm hearing AP doesn't think he has done anything wrong. Higher up's didn't like the fact he didn't seek out concealing waiting for the trial. Maybe his lawyer told him not to but that seems to be hurting his restatement.

HawkWow

Reaction score
CHawk":1werwhg0 said:
HawkWow":1werwhg0 said:
Wow.

Whipping a kid until he bleeds? That's an entirely different thing, but based on what we know about AP, I assume he felt he was doing the right thing at the time (?). As in, I'm sure that's how he was brought up and more times than not a father will likely emulate his own father.

That's what I'm hearing AP doesn't think he has done anything wrong. Higher up's didn't like the fact he didn't seek out concealing waiting for the trial. Maybe his lawyer told him not to but that seems to be hurting his restatement.

Man... I would sure think AP has a fine team of attorneys...but I sure question that decision. Even though we know committing one's self to such counselling, or classes, or groups is usually more BS than not, the court and GP eat that stuff up.

I enroll myself in alternative to violence classes about once every few years. Only hoping for leniency come court day. Not only do the judges not question my motivation, I was actually once asked if I'd consider over-seeing the class. I'm not joking. But I don't do well with the Aholes that beat their wives and kids. Being rather outspoken, that sometimes leads to violence. We are all asked to wear name tags...I write Gandhi on mine. ; )