NFC WEEK 15

ringless

Reaction score
We are down to the final 3 weeks of the NFL regular season and the NFC it is looking like 10 wins just might not cut it this year.

As things stand

Arizona 10-3
Seattle 9-4
SF 7-6
STL 6-7

We have an early week matchup this week between Arizona, who will be visiting the Red Alice hot St Louis Rams. Who I believe are playing the best football in the division, and the results speak for themselves. Two huge shutouts in a row, which is hard even for the best teams in the league to do once, let alone back to back. And before that they had recently won games over Denver, and Seattle. In fact, if St Louis was playing in the Super Bowl today they could win it! It's not a team I am looking forward to facing, especially on a short week as Thursday night games have not been pleasant for visitors. Arizona is going to be missing a few more key players this week. Most likely down Cromartie, and of course Ellington who was put on IR today. This is a game I think St. Louis wins, their relentless Defense will get the job done against a stuttering Arizona offense with a faulty motor. I think the final is 20-9 Rams......

Seattle will host the 49ers this week in Seattle. I've been saying for a month now that I think SF has been playing the worst football in the division and it isn't even close. On the other hand Seattle's defense has really caught fire, and it seems as though all teams are made one dimensional right out of the gates against them right now. They could even be playing as well as they did last year. Again, not a team I'd look forward to facing. The 49ers on the other hand just haven't been able to get anything going with their subpar play from Kaepernick, and of course the team morale was low after a loss to the Raiders. While I believe Seattle will curb stomp them in Seattle. I have to hold out hope that the 49ers can find a little pride within for the first time this season and pull off their biggest upset. Seahawks 30-13

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I have to think that wishing for Angelina Jolie to time travel to your bedroom from her prime for a night of fun is more probable than the Niners upsetting the Seahawks, but hey, nothin' wrong with hoping for the best.

homerun1970

Reaction score
I think the Cards are in for a long day. The defense of the rams versus a back up QB is a large mismatch. Seattle I believe will handle the niners. The team that came out against Oakland would get demolished. I think just for pride though that team will put up a better scrap than last week. Seattle ends this week on top of the division.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I also think the Rams win at home but luckily you guys get the 49ers as well which gives you 11 wins. so most likely you will be headed to the playoffs and will have a very winnable game against the NFC south.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Arizona 10-3*, actually 9-4 if not for the refs in the Chiefs game.

OrFan

Reaction score
The Lambs will kick the Cards ass back into reality. The Hawks will win out. SF, who cares?

Until the Sheep get a real qb, the division is ours.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2cvbswcc said:

Sounds like you use to e a 49er fan? Or at least believe in their logic.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ringless":14wpmp41 said:
RunTheBall":14wpmp41 said:

Hiding behind a huge game-altering officiating call you KNOW was wrong makes YOU the 49ers fan here, Ringless.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ringless":2z06m3t8 said:
RunTheBall":2z06m3t8 said:

Nothing wrong with being honest. I think we actually got the better end of the officiating against the Eagles, even though we had twice as many calls go against us.

There is also a big difference between bitching about something with no substance to back it up and bitching about actual unfair treatment. The Seahawks have been absolutely crucified by officiating this season and the stats bare that out both penalties against us and lack of penalties for our opponent. We lead the league in both and by a long shot. It doesn't matter if you think it is just a coincidence or orchestrated the facts are statistically backed up.

So far your reputation around here is good. I recommend you tread lightly with comments like the one above.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I don't think the Lambs will roll like most people here. They're way overdue for a letdown game. I would prefer that letdown come week 17, but something tells me it happens this week. Cards defense plays well and the offense does just enough.........
Cards 16, Lambs 13

Whiners are a beaten team. Hawks win (score to be posted in the Aros thread and this will be edited at that time).

Chawks1

Reaction score
RunTheBall":361no9x6 said:

I think you mean "except for Alex Smith". He refused to throw the ball downfield more than 5 yards and he threw a rediculous pick to setup AZ late in the game. BTW the home field advantage in UofP is legit. KC had a tough time.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":185w5iba said:
I don't think the Lambs will roll like most people here. They're way overdue for a letdown game. I would prefer that letdown come week 17, but something tells me it happens this week. Cards defense plays well and the offense does just enough.........
Cards 16, Lambs 13

Whiners are a beaten team. Hawks win (score to be posted in the Aros thread and this will be edited at that time).

Drew Stanton is just not good on the road right now, and the Cards are more beaten up than the Rams are.

I don't see the Rams doing to Arizona what they did to Oakland and Washington, but I think they pick up a win over a Cards team that struggles on the road now. Probably by something around your 16-13 score.

As for the 49ers, I realize they may want to get up for this game against the hated rivals. Several of their fans are suggesting this might be a trap game for Seattle. This is where the rivalry hurts SF... no way do the Hawks look at the 49ers as anything but a vile threat that must be violently put down.The animosity between the clubs is what will keep the Hawks focused (plus, the chance to catch Arizona in the division).

I think after this week, we're looking at a couple of 10-4 teams and a couple of 7-7 teams.

sutz

Reaction score
Hey, giving up 2 Figgies in 2 weeks is not that much worse than two shutouts.

Just sayin'. The Hawks give up nothing to the Lambs when it comes to defense. Sure, their D-line is better, but overall, with Wags back and Kam up to strength again we're pretty good ourselves. If both teams played the worst O in the world, the Hawks would win, 4 safties to 2.

;)

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Home, primetime, red hot, and our last bad loss came at the hands of the Cardinals....players won't forget that.

Also, we were in that game until the offense melted down in the 4th quarter.

Not even being funny here, I don't see how Arizona scores on us Thursday. They certainly won't be able to run the ball, and if they try to throw a bunch of deep passes, Stanton will get killed. Our kicker had the worst game I have ever seen out of an NFL kicker last week, so hopefully he gets on track....I don't see our offense going up and down the field on Arizona's D.

I still think we win 29-0 though..

One defensive TD, 3 FGs off turnovers, and 13 points actually produced by our offense

Largent80

Reaction score
Rams will win but simply are NOT playing the best ball in the div. We had 2.... 3 points allowed games back to back against better teams than they played, and then owned the "unstoppable" Eagles in their house.

Hawks are going to do to the 9ers what they always do, and put an exclamation point on the demise.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Nice job Ringless on starting this weekly tradition. Feisty replies this week - including a wonderful hot naked fantasy depiction of Angelina Jolie in her prime. Gotta love Football.

Oh, and there is another Ram's fan contributing! Yay!! Finally. Takes some wins I guess.

----

Cards @ Rams. I'm gonna buck a bit here. Based on the last 4 weeks of play from both teams, Rams should own this game and keep the Cards to 10 or less w a Rams score of 20+ points range.

But, I'm not a convinced believer yet. Last week I was just hoping for two wins in a row (first time this year) - and they did it w a shut-out. Nice! I had a happy moment on my walk back from the Superdome and I bought some great Rams New Orleans beads w a Ram logo at the bottom that I can wear on halloween or somthing. Yay! Oh, and I had another Hurricane and said: Rams won! a bunch of times out loud.

Three wins in a row is not something I have seen this team able to do yet this year, and I vividly remember Dallas and Philly and that painful San Diego game. I am still feeling: show me. And I don't even like Missouri.

Won't call this game. I believe it can go either way.

SF @ Hawks. Well, my god we all know how this should and will go. If Hawks lose I totally expect iRo to make that time machine produce the younger Angelina in my bed pronto.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":33tguhgt said:
SF @ Hawks. Well, my god we all know how this should and will go. If Hawks lose I totally expect iRo to make that time machine produce the younger Angelina in my bed pronto.
If the Seahawks lose and I manage to make this somehow happen, it's my bedroom she's teleporting to; but you're welcome to join in. ;)

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RedAlice":36aa12eu said:
Nice job Ringless on starting this weekly tradition. Feisty replies this week - including a wonderful hot naked fantasy depiction of Angelina Jolie in her prime. Gotta love Football.

Oh, and there is another Ram's fan contributing! Yay!! Finally. Takes some wins I guess.

----

Cards @ Rams. I'm gonna buck a bit here. Based on the last 4 weeks of play from both teams, Rams should own this game and keep the Cards to 10 or less w a Rams score of 20+ points range.

But, I'm not a convinced believer yet. Last week I was just hoping for two wins in a row (first time this year) - and they did it w a shut-out. Nice! I had a happy moment on my walk back from the Superdome and I bought some great Rams New Orleans beads w a Ram logo at the bottom that I can wear on halloween or somthing. Yay! Oh, and I had another Hurricane and said: Rams won! a bunch of times out loud.

Three wins in a row is not something I have seen this team able to do yet this year, and I vividly remember Dallas and Philly and that painful San Diego game. I am still feeling: show me. And I don't even like Missouri.

Won't call this game. I believe it can go either way.

I've frequented this board for a while now. Didn't always want to contribute because it's a Seahawks board.....but, I've come to the conclusion that it's the best message board for NFL talk....the Rams board I frequent the most split and became two, and the newer board is full of some unrealistically optimistic posters lol.

drdiags

Reaction score
Division week. There is a lot on the line for the top-3 teams and the Rams have a chance to do what the Cardinals did late last year when they announced they were here to raise hell. Out of the 4, the 9ers have been a mystery to me. I know those defensive leaders lost for most of the season hurt the team but it is the offense that has done them in.

On to the games:

Rams are hot but the Cards got a nice win against the Chiefs. I give it to the Cardinals with a very small margin. In the end, I think Arians has been working magic and he gets his team to the playoffs this year.

Seattle vs 9ers. This game is a cross-road game for both teams. The 9ers will come out swinging and the Seahawks will match. Could be a repeat of the NFCCG or a rout by Seattle. Not going to call it other than to say, Seahawks win because I am a homer.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Ramfan128".[/quote said:
I've frequented this board for a while now. Didn't always want to contribute because it's a Seahawks board.....but, I've come to the conclusion that it's the best message board for NFL talk....the Rams board I frequent the most split and became two, and the newer board is full of some unrealistically optimistic posters lol.

------

Glad to see you posting more. It's the best board for overall NFC W talk, by far.

Honestly, other than one, I've found the Rams boards to be very full of "unrealistically optimistic" as you put it fans to the point that it's not even enjoyable or worthwhile to read them or interact.

Now that Rams are playing good again, some of the worst ones are sprouting up on opponent's sites again with all of their childish ranting. We may honestly have some of the worst fans online of any fans - or rather, the good ones just don't post as much and the few bad ones are quite prolific.