Dez Bryant vs Jerry Jones

ringless

Reaction score
Jerry Jones says they have put a number of contracts on the table to keep Dez a Cowboy for life.... Dez hasn't accepted the offers and says its not a matter of money but a matter of respect.....

Anytime I hear that line from a player you know it's BS.... So how much respect do you think Dez will demand from Jerry? I am thinking he is going to want the biggest contract ever for a WR.... I can see Jerry making that move and overpaying him

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ringless":14qg89nk said:
Jerry Jones says they have put a number of contracts on the table to keep Dez a Cowboy for life.... Dez hasn't accepted the offers and says its not a matter of money but a matter of respect.....

Anytime I hear that line from a player you know it's BS.... So how much respect do you think Dez will demand from Jerry? I am thinking he is going to want the biggest contract ever for a WR.... I can see Jerry making that move and overpaying him
Jerry is offering 10 year deals. With low enough guaranteed dollars that a player would have to be insane to sign. And yeah, I can see Jerry over paying. But he is trying like hell not too right now.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think JJ is on a mission to devalue Dez.

I think he wants to keep him, no doubt, but I think some manure is gunna get slug before it happens.

Just a hunch.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Probably has a bit to do with the lifetime contract (which is what he said he offered Dez)...dude probably doesn't want to be tied down like that Tyron Smith deal. It's pretty big commitment and if the offer Dez got is like the one Smith signed, it is incredibly team friendly.

I'm sure some of it also has to do with Dez's agent switch. Jerry Jones already voiced his displeasure about Dez dropping Eugene Parker and instead going with Jay-Z/CAA.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
When players say "it's a matter of respect" they're usually talking about money, aren't they? As in "If you don't offer me big money it means you don't respect/appreciate me". That was kind of where Marshawn's head was at in the preseason - at least that's how I interpreted it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I ride for the players before the owners...call them greedy but they know how much their values are to their teams

dopeboy206

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1yvugt3n said:
I'm sure some of it also has to do with Dez's agent switch. Jerry Jones already voiced his displeasure about Dez dropping Eugene Parker and instead going with Jay-Z/CAA.

We seen what Jay-Z did to the mariners front office. Expect Jerry to pay big money...lol

Popeyejones

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1r2ek09t said:
I ride for the players before the owners...call them greedy but they know how much their values are to their teams

Me too.

Like it or not 10 years at 12 million per with 20 guaranteed is a low ball deal. Cut it to five years and it's a lot closer.

The problem is their cap is a mess and they need to resign Murray and McLain too.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Doubt he sniffs FA, but I'd break the bank to bring him to Seattle. He's the WR this franchise has never had.

sturg78

Reaction score
We don't want Dez. This team is run first, we would break the bank to bring in a malcontented 60 rec per year guy. It would kinda be the worst move ever.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
sturg78":aa2tim4t said:
We don't want Dez. This team is run first, we would break the bank to bring in a malcontented 60 rec per year guy. It would kinda be the worst move ever.

I agree. We don't need a high profile WR. He needs to have big numbers and our passing game just is not that way.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20qlyndi said:
Respect = $$$, why can't players just say that?

Because douche and jealous fans will take the "you get paid millions to play a game, try working a real job, asshole" angle eventually. They cant say it because Americans are stupid, basically.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkinNY":2wf5unjc said:
sturg78":2wf5unjc said:

I agree. We don't need a high profile WR. He needs to have big numbers and our passing game just is not that way.

Our passing game is "just not that way" because we don't have a reliable #1 WR.

sturg78

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2j9dgcuk said:
HawkinNY":2j9dgcuk said:
sturg78":2j9dgcuk said:

Our passing game is "just not that way" because we don't have a reliable #1 WR.

Golden Tate is on pace for all of the catches. Clearly able to handle the load as a #1. He got like 60 catches for us. Not our system, never has been. Bobby E had 90 awhile back, I think Koren Robinson was our last 1000yrd receiver (or 100 catch?). Not saying we couldn't revamp our entire team to make us more like the Lions or Broncos, but as it stands no matter what receiver you bring in, he wouldn't have the impact worthy of all that money.

We need a stable of decent enough WR to catch a few 3rd down passes and a RB that can shoulder a franchise. Like Lynch and ADB/Kerse/Richardson/Lockette/Norwood. That is the formula that took us to the promised land even though it wasn't sexy.