Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: SF Fans can shut up about our teams problems now
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:03 pm 
NET Veteran

Stephen SeaHawking wrote:
Of course, no mention of it on ESPN yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=9448167

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:14 pm 
NET Veteran

I thought Niner fans would just refer to this as a "night out"

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:19 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

mikeak wrote:

There wasn't forced sex involved.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:28 pm 
NET Veteran

Well guess what Mikeak your wrong. This is not even right. A teammate does the correct thing to keep your ass from killing some innocent people and you crack him in the head, and he threatens to shoot him. Wrong major wrong. Mods if some people insist on taking this to areas that are not needed. Why not just move this thread to the shack. Where they will be able to speak their mind. Since to them every niner fan is gay, or a rapist

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:29 pm 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
mikeak wrote:

There wasn't forced sex involved.

LOL -- I think you misread the article Big Ben was not involved in this incident :)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:04 pm 
NET Veteran

E.C. Laloosh wrote:
Stephen SeaHawking wrote:
Of course, no mention of it on ESPN yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=9448167

It was on the sidebar and they talked about it on NFL Live today and NFL 32...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:10 pm 
NET Veteran

I like it that whitner is spouting off about the ineptitude of the wr corps and he wants the niners to sign T.O. or Chad Johnson... it's all coming apart down there.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:10 pm 
NET Veteran

rlkats wrote:
Well guess what Mikeak your wrong. This is not even right. A teammate does the correct thing to keep your ass from killing some innocent people and you crack him in the head, and he threatens to shoot him. Wrong major wrong. Mods if some people insist on taking this to areas that are not needed. Why not just move this thread to the shack. Where they will be able to speak their mind. Since to them every niner fan is gay, or a rapist

Get riled up much? Nothing in my original post that makes it go to the shack if a rib-jabbing joke can't be made then to me the reader is to sensitive to be using the internet.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:12 pm 
NET Veteran

Bunch of no good, dirty, drunks.

Go Hawks.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:29 pm 
NET Veteran

rib-jabbing is not a problem. It just gets old to the niner fans that dont start crap. Not riled up at all.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:51 pm 
NET Veteran

rideaducati wrote:
I like it that whitner is spouting off about the ineptitude of the wr corps and he wants the niners to sign T.O. or Chad Johnson... it's all coming apart down there.

That's a little too much wishful thinking LOL.

Giving respect to veteran WR's in no way imply what you said.

Talk about reading between the lines and trying to :stirthepot:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:29 pm 
* NET Nobody *

If Divens backs out, I hope Goodell suspends him for at least 4 games. Because basically he would be condoning that kind of behavoir. I see it all the time with domestic violence, somebody calls, the Troopers show up and no one wants to press charges. Ridiculous.

Brooks needs a year suspension if for no other reason than that he threatened to go get his gun. That to me is crossing the line because it indicates 1. He has a gun and 2. when he is drunk, he would consider using it. Enough of this shit, if a PED charge requires a 4 game suspension, then any kind of violence requires 8 games, minimum.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:41 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

I am having a hard time not thinking that Brooks should get a serious suspension. I can see a case for the 4 game type, but this dude did physical harm with a flipping bottle. It IS a big deal. If a player gets suspended for substance abuse, it should at least be more than that length.

There aren't a bunch of Niner fans supporting it, for that I have to give them credit, but there are some minimizing it on their forums and claiming it isn't as bad as PED use. There are also plenty arguing that statement too.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:44 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

ivotuk wrote:
If Divens backs out, I hope Goodell suspends him for at least 4 games. Because basically he would be condoning that kind of behavoir. I see it all the time with domestic violence, somebody calls, the Troopers show up and no one wants to press charges. Ridiculous.

Brooks needs a year suspension if for no other reason than that he threatened to go get his gun. That to me is crossing the line because it indicates 1. He has a gun and 2. when he is drunk, he would consider using it. Enough of this shit, if a PED charge requires a 4 game suspension, then any kind of violence requires 8 games, minimum.

There is nothing wrong with having a gun, but anyone that says "do I need to get my gun" shouldn't have one.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:48 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

I suppose the scary part to me is that like PED use, their is going to be players on every team that have this level of responsibility.

I wonder how many players on the Hawks roster are packing with attitude.

Guys like Bill Romanowski come to mind. That dude was GONE.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:49 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

NinerLifer wrote:
rideaducati wrote:

Yeah... That never happens when the conversation involves Niner and Seahawk fans. :-)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:06 pm 
NET Veteran

When one represents a company - they do so while at work and on their own time (like it or not.) Especially if something is done in the public eye that reflects poorly on the company. So, I can definitely see the rationale for a suspension. I know as Seahawks fans we would like to see that just because. Still, in all honesty... if the league is going to be consistent in sending messages of what is not tolerable representation as an employee... it would be a joke of inconsistency if they do not suspend the guy.

If the Niners are as upright as their fans on this board say they are... the organization should also tack on further team suspension and fines. Divens was in a tough spot. If he pressed charges... of course it was cause harm to both of their careers - namely his.

Don't count on the 49ers being such the upright organization that the Niner fans say they are when they got rid of a previous, less valuable player. Obviously they're not going to cut a key player - especially if this is his first offense. But, the league has a no tolerance policy. Also, Harbaugh is going to have to start eating his words and worry about reeling in his own team instead of badmouthing other teams in the media.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:11 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

Think about it like this.

If this exact same thing happened to a Seahawk, how would Niner fans react?

A large portion of the Niners fanbase lusts for negative Seahawk news. Don't you think they deserve a little attention from the 12's?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:18 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

We all know why Divens didn't press charges. He is protecting his relationship with the team. If he pushed it, this guy could put Brooks in the pen. With recent events, having this sort of problem gets looked at even more than normal. In fact, the league and the Niners FO knows full well what happened even if charges aren't pursued.

I just wonder how long they will carry him before they find him expendable. If Harbafreak or the Niners don't address it in some way, Jimmy Massengill is going to look pretty stupid for giving attention outside his own team.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Loaf I agree. I believe STRICT punishment is needed. Its never ok to do and say what he did. Goddell needs to throw the hammer down. And so does Jim. This from what i believe is not the first time of assult charges. I just can not remember when or who.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:21 pm 
NET Veteran

And no PED use is not the same as violent life threats. Like what Brooks did. While he is a good player as I admit it would hurt the Defence a bit it needs to happen.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:39 pm 
NET Veteran

rlkats wrote:
And no PED use is not the same as violent life threats. Like what Brooks did. While he is a good player as I admit it would hurt the Defence a bit it needs to happen.

Who are you and what have you done with rlkats? jk

Well, that's big of you to say. It's hard to see the needed justice when it comes to our favorite team players - especially when they are in a position to do well if things stay intact. But, you're correct that there is a difference - really a big difference - between PED use / infractions vs. Violent acts and life threats. Potentially harming oneself, disappointing his team, and giving the fans a headache vs. assaulting another human being in the manner Brooks did when he acted out is a big deal of difference. They don't even belong in the same conversation and would be an insult to those who have made mistakes with PED use.

Brooks crossed a line that is beyond NFL jurisdiction - but, should also include some NFL action against said player. The legal system and the NFL needs to show this is wrong and that there are consequences. There are young eyes watching and several weekends out of the year I see just how much youth football players take the lead of NFL players. The injustice would be potentially far-reaching beyond just this incident. This is an opportunity to show that NFL players are not above the law - particularly, as in this case, when they choose to violate others physically. Drunk or not... he's responsible for his actions.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:51 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

rlkats wrote:
Loaf I agree. I believe STRICT punishment is needed. Its never ok to do and say what he did. Goddell needs to throw the hammer down. And so does Jim. This from what i believe is not the first time of assult charges. I just can not remember when or who.

It is far from the first time. That much is for sure. I want to say that a Seahawk RB years ago was the driver in a car that crippled a player. I don't remember the punishment, but I remember it being a controversy. I think it was Lamar "something".

How bout Steve Smith? Going after his RB teammate? Full on assault in practice!

There has been plenty of action that hasn't been addressed.

Michael frickin Crack smoker Irvin and his pair of left handed barber scissors for cutting in front of him. BURIED by the team and the law. No doubt Jerrah had a little pull with the local popo.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:56 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

Heck, I was walking into South Center years ago and got trucked by a guy, when I looked closer I realized it was Chris Warren. At 6'2 and a healthy 210, he ran me over like I was a toddler and didn't even think of apologizing.

Some of these dudes live by a totally different code in life, they don't respect it either.

Brooks could have killed that guy. Not likely, but it could have happened. Some guys are just bad dudes, then alcohol just amplifies it.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:23 pm 
NET Veteran

All because they are wealthy don't mean crap they should pay accordingly

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:11 pm 
* NET Philistine *

ESPN is reporting that the warrant was filed incorrectly and that there should be something new from the police/investigators next week. We'll have to wait and see if that means the SF police are crossing the t's and dotting the i's or whether they're waiting to sweep this under the rug.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:46 pm 
NET Veteran

stay classy san fran

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:41 am 
NET Veteran

NinerLifer wrote:
rideaducati wrote:

His words were that the wide receivers were "not living up to expectations" and that the niners should bring in T.O. or Chad Johnson. I don't see how that is wishful thinking on my part.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:51 am 
NET Veteran

rlkats wrote:
loaf what niner fan on this forum backed brooks? None and from reading niner sites no one is backing him there either. The man deserves prison plain and simple. And no one even brought PED's in this thread

I only went to one Niner site and there were those that are either dismissing this or blamimg Divens. A few quotes from that site.

he was probably drunk too, he acted like he threw the keys in the bushes you dont mess with drunk man 6'4" 260 so he kinda asked for it.

Another:

Brooks was drunk, Divens played a joke on him, Brooks got mad and did something a stupid drunk guy would do. Is this really a story? Divens is dropping any charges because he realizes he provoked it, and things like this get WAY too overblown and harshly punished.

How often does this kind of altercation happen? All the time. If they were 2 drunken college kids this would be a non story.

Another:

Cut Divens for being a snitch

Another:

Divens pretended to throw Brooks keys in the bushes, thats a douchebag move that deserve him getting his ass kicked.

And another:

Those keys were probably to a very expensive vehicle, bottle to the head is an acceptable punishment.

Another:

i normally agree but Divens clearly did. You NEVER pretend to throw another man's keys in the bushes. Divens got what he deserved for that b***hassness move.

Another:

b***h ass divens got what he deserved.

Another:

Divens deserved it... next time dont be a punk scrub.

Another just for fun:

It's ok if it was justified. In this case it was.

And another:

hey man, im not a violent guy or anything but if someone plays with my keys, they gonna get an ass whoopin and they deserved it. you just don't cross that line. i'd rather have some dude bang my wife/gf than pretend to throw my keys in the bushes.

This has logic all over it:

Divens should be cut ASAP.

More:

If somebody stole my keys and did that I'd hit him with more than a bottle. Should have got his gun.

There is more I'm sure, I didn't read the whole thread.

This also is not Brook's first incident.

From an article regarding the event: 2008, when Brooks was playing for the Cincinnati Bengals, he was accused of punching a woman in the face and accepted mediation on the charges, according to media reports. Brooks is 6-feet-4 and weighs about 260 pounds.
Also, at the end of the 2005 season, he was dismissed from the University of Virginia football team because of an unspecified "off the field" incident, according to the university. In 2003, he was charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. Those charges were dismissed after he completed the requirements of his probation.

There are Niner fans who believe Brooks should be punished accordingly but obviously it is not as cut and dry as you are suggesting either.

It is also fishy why this event took place on June 8th but no reports or news surfaced until July 2nd and now the case looks like they may be trying to sweep it under the table with the arrest warrant being revoked by higher up officials. We'll see if they press charges and if so for Felony or Misdemeanor. Makes you wonder how many other events have gone unnoticed/unreported.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:56 am 
NET Veteran

Well Rich I stand corrected. Ya i guess its not a clear cut. But it should be. The dude beat the shit out of somebody and threatened to get his gun. So for me it is clear cut. These players have children looking up to them. Heres an idea grow the f up and act like an adult not a street thug that dont get your way. And i guess i did not read enough of the niner boards. What I did read after you posted was some pretty heated debate some that agree with me and others that dont on the niner boards. So i guess opions are like assholes everybody has one lol

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:53 am 
NET Veteran

Some Niner fan would rather a guy bang his gf/wife than have his keys messed with? What world is he living in?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:06 am 
NET Veteran

-The Glove- wrote:
Some Niner fan would rather a guy bang his gf/wife than have his keys messed with? What world is he living in?

Im sorry but where does wife banging come into this conversation.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 am 
NET Veteran

rlkats wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:

Im sorry but where does wife banging come into this conversation.

From Rich's post.

Quote:
hey man, im not a violent guy or anything but if someone plays with my keys, they gonna get an ass whoopin and they deserved it. you just don't cross that line. i'd rather have some dude bang my wife/gf than pretend to throw my keys in the bushes.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:25 am 
NET Veteran

oh ok wow i totally blew passed that my bad. Also you should see the agression im getting towards me on niners forums. I made a post that stated Brooks should be cut due to past history and his current issue. So I hate to say it I completely see now where most of you come from. sorry to say

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:29 am 
NET Veteran

rlkats wrote:
oh ok wow i totally blew passed that my bad. Also you should see the agression im getting towards me on niners forums. I made a post that stated Brooks should be cut due to past history and his current issue. So I hate to say it I completely see now where most of you come from. sorry to say

That's ridiculous. If he was a Seahawk, I'd want his ass gone too. I don't think anyone backed Leroy Hill after his latest incident. Yeah, he's gotten old but good riddance.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:50 am 
NET Veteran

I don't blame the fans for not wanting to see him released. He is a good player and this is the first issue since being a niner and also since 2008. Yes there are other instances but mostly seem alcohol related. It definitely puts Jimbob in a tough spot with his recent comments about PED's. I would think the smart thing to do would to somehow get him into an alcohol rehab and hold him accountable to not drinking. That and a stiff suspension/fine. If he is found to consume alcohol in the future then you follow through appropriately. Truth is if he were released another team would scoop him up immediately, so all your doing is hurting the team just to make an example.

At my work we have something like this and mandatory p-test's attached to it. Though it you can only test positive for a day or so, you don't know when you will be tested. If he comes up positive or is attached to any further alcohol related issues, then you drop the hammer.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:30 am 
NET Veteran

True true Rich it would be easier if Jim did not even comment on the PED use, but you know how he likes to stir the pot. Then you have the almighty Belicheat (BS) setting the example of cutting someone loose, locking sales of anything saying Hernandez (yes completely different issues) just to keep his locker room seem clean and happy happy. So it puts the Niners front office in a bad spot.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:02 pm 
NET Veteran

rastahawk wrote:
And here's Brooks #55 playing drunk...

LOL, Wilson made Brooks his beotch on that play!

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:04 pm 
NET Veteran

rideaducati wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:
rideaducati wrote:

His words were that the wide receivers were "not living up to expectations" and that the niners should bring in T.O. or Chad Johnson. I don't see how that is wishful thinking on my part.

https://twitter.com/dontewhitner/status ... 1738211329

"not living up to expectations" is nowhere in his tweet.

Where are you getting your information from?

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:51 pm 
* NET Nobody *

loafoftatupu wrote:
ivotuk wrote:

There is nothing wrong with having a gun, but anyone that says "do I need to get my gun" shouldn't have one.

I see nothing wrong with owning guns, I have quite a few as I used to guide and do a lot of hunting. But too many people see guns as a status symbol, especially pistols. Whenever I had a client that showed up with a pistol, I would tell them to put it away because we were hunting with rifles and he was more likely to shoot himself, or me with it. I did have a few clients that hunted with a .454 Casull and I did pack one of those when I was guiding for Brown Bear, but only when it wasn't convenient to carry a rifle because all most pistols will do is piss off a bear.

But in this day and age, I believe the best weapon for self-defense is a stun gun. It will incapacitate an intruder or assailant much more efficiently than a gun sometimes. If you don't hit them in the right spot with a gun, they can still come at you, with a stun gun, you just have to make contact. Plus a stun gun is not deadly, so if you are a football player with an ego (which is 99% of them), and you've been drinking, you're not going to kill someone. A pistol is good for one thing only, killing, and that should never be done except in extreme situations.

Too many people who own guns have never taken safety courses or done any kind of shooting to become proficient with their weapon, then to add alcohol, and egos, it only makes it worse. I think it should be an NFL policy for players who insist on owning guns to register them and take some kind of training. Of course I someone would squawk about that, maybe the NFLPA, I don't know. But athletes and guns do not mix.

But no matter how much they do rookie symposiums and send out letters, and suspend players, there will always be some idiot who has to throw a party while associating with the dregs of society, or who feels the need to own a gun, combined with their desire to be "gangsta" and there will be ugly consequences. I've seen it before, as I'm sure many have and the only thing these people understand is incarceration. Maybe a good long suspension for Brooks will make other players take notice, but I doubt it.

Sounds like the local authorities are already trying to make this go away and my only hope is that Goodell is able to enforce some kind of penalty for this incident. If it goes unpunished, there will only be more because the attitude that a football player can do no wrong will be reinforced.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:24 pm 
NET Veteran

:thumbup:

Wonderful poins ivotuk I completely agree. Well put.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:42 pm 
NET Veteran

1) The problem isn't just the players it is their friends that often gets a fight started / pull a weapon etc and suddenly you have a star caught in a bad spot

2) I agree on the stun gun but just don't think it will take a hold "give me the keys or I am getting my stun gun" just doesn't carry the same weight...

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:04 pm 
NET Rookie

I think the Ahmad case, if he wasn't a high profile football player would have been dismissed already. I'm thinking the DA - if he treats this as a typical drunk brawl kind of situation - would not prosecute. At least that's how I'm thinking this is how it might end up.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:52 pm 
NET Veteran

Problems with that

1) The victim made a recording to the police
2) The victim wanted the police to get involved
3) The victim retracted due to the best for his career

Sorry the law is in place for victims of violence so that they aren't pressured to pull their testimony. I realize this isn't a domestic abuse case etc but it is a work related reason why the complaint is pulled and the system should not allow people to be directly or indirectly intimidated so that criminal behavior can go on

I am sorry but hitting someone over the head with a bottle, punching them and threatening to get a gun gets people arrested. No I don't think he should be cut, no I don't think he should get prison time - I do think he should get a bracelet for 6 months and go to work then directly home, I think he should get a 6 game suspension minimum by the NFL. He assaulted an employee by this league / a team and that is not acceptable by the standards set recently. Pryor and Tressel had to sit out due to NCAA violations, BIg Ben for serving underage girl alcohol etc

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:23 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

Giedi wrote:
I think the Ahmad case, if he wasn't a high profile football player would have been dismissed already. I'm thinking the DA - if he treats this as a typical drunk brawl kind of situation - would not prosecute. At least that's how I'm thinking this is how it might end up.

Sure you do.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:04 pm 
NET Veteran

Giedi wrote:

People have been prosecuted for much less

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:18 am 
NET Bench Warmer

After reading 5 pages, I have a "Devils Advocate" mentality: What Brooks did to Divens is unforgivable...PERIOD!! However I think it's freakin' awesome because I can sense the "cracks" are becoming larger within the Whiner organization!! The culmination of this "melt-down" will be revealed on September 15th, 2013. So it is written...so it shall be done ha!!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:16 am 
* NET GIF Master *

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:01 am 
* Smackmeister *

Sarlacc83 wrote:
And Harbaugh's reaction?

Actually, I believe Jim was on the phone with the airlines for his upcoming vacation and it went something like this:

I'm sorry Mr. Harbaugh, we've unfortunately overbooked our coach seating, but we will be able to upgrade you and your wife to first class at no charge.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:37 pm 
NET Veteran

GLOCKHAWK wrote:
After reading 5 pages, I have a "Devils Advocate" mentality: What Brooks did to Divens is unforgivable...PERIOD!! However I think it's freakin' awesome because I can sense the "cracks" are becoming larger within the Whiner organization!! The culmination of this "melt-down" will be revealed on September 15th, 2013. So it is written...so it shall be done ha!!

I think this season might start out like 2010 did for the niners. They expected to be great that year too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]