For Ninerbuff... You're just wrong.

cacksman

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ys19c3ri said:
Kaepernick is a good, exciting QB. If he were a Seahawk we'd be giving him the same love and respect we give Wilson.

The same? Absolutely not. I agree, we would be stoked on him. But for a combination of qualities that Kaepernick doesn't possess, Wilson is already a folk hero to the fans in Seattle.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3s6ilt46 said:
Every time someone posts a 49ers Web Zone link and I make the mistake of clicking it, it reminds me of why I stopped browsing that forum. There are an incredible number of ignorant posters there. Way more than any other team forum I have ever seen, anywhere.

It always makes me laugh when people say the people on the "other" forums are just ignorant or stupid.

Those homeristic posters exist on ALL team boards.

I'm guilty of it as well so not standing on a soapbox here...just saying they are everywhere. The only difference is that you give the ones here more slack because they are 'hawk fans and most often agree with you.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":3nt5b0c5 said:
RolandDeschain":3nt5b0c5 said:
Every time someone posts a 49ers Web Zone link and I make the mistake of clicking it, it reminds me of why I stopped browsing that forum. There are an incredible number of ignorant posters there. Way more than any other team forum I have ever seen, anywhere.

It always makes me laugh when people say the people on the "other" forums are just ignorant or stupid.

I'm guilty of it as well so not standing on a soapbox here...just saying they are everywhere. The only difference is that you give the ones here more slack because they are 'hawk fans and most often agree with you.

I don't see .NET folks post on WZ and/or other boards, then come over here patting themselves on the back for what they think they just pulled off. I'm equally lacking in knowledge on both boards, but at least I am myself and don't misrepresent my intentions ;)

NinerBuff

Reaction score
Marvin49":9me6fc2j said:
RolandDeschain":9me6fc2j said:

The most ridiculous fans I've seen are Chiefs fans... Never heard 'go die in an AIDS fire' before that... :D

They weren't too happy about the Alex Smith trade. They're already getting ready for Kaep in 10 years.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":38o8lxd5 said:

No, I know what you mean and I agree with you, I'm saying the web zone is above and beyond any other on the Internet. Pretending otherwise is a joke.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22sr8skk said:
Marvin49":22sr8skk said:

No, I know what you mean and I agree with you, I'm saying the web zone is above and beyond any other on the Internet. Pretending otherwise is a joke.

Before I say something I'll regret...I'll just say we'll agree to disagree on that last point.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":30qjik5b said:
That's fine. Too many things escalate to "war status" that don't need to.

other than the 49ers, what fanbase do you detest most? Just wondering...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Steelers fans, for obvious reasons. Not because they're fine with their XL* trophy, but because they pretend like everything was kosher and they'd have won it no matter what, with proper officiating.

I really don't dislike any other fan bases besides the 49ers/Steelers, to be honest.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NinerBuff":10hwcsdc said:
Marvin49":10hwcsdc said:
RolandDeschain":10hwcsdc said:

The most ridiculous fans I've seen are Chiefs fans... Never heard 'go die in an AIDS fire' before that... :D

They weren't too happy about the Alex Smith trade. They're already getting ready for Kaep in 10 years.

THAT I'll agree with. Chiefs fans were the worst. The "AIDS fire" comments alone were insane.

NinerBuff

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27y1w7j7 said:
Steelers fans, for obvious reasons. Not because they're fine with their XL* trophy, but because they pretend like everything was kosher and they'd have won it no matter what, with proper officiating.

I really don't dislike any other fan bases besides the 49ers/Steelers, to be honest.

I guess that's fair, I don't like the Steelers either, but I really don't like any other team. I'm more indifferent to them compared to the Giants / Cowboys / Seahawks / Packers.

hawker84

Reaction score
NinerBuff":2kzepi21 said:
RolandDeschain":2kzepi21 said:

I guess that's fair, I don't like the Steelers either, but I really don't like any other team. I'm more indifferent to them compared to the Giants / Cowboys / Seahawks / Packers.

for me it's the following:

Redskins, (extremskins) :pukeface:
niners :baby:
steelers :smiley_boxin:
falcons :censored:

everybody else about the same.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":1c8y531e said:
NinerBuff":1c8y531e said:
RolandDeschain":1c8y531e said:

Don't deal too much with Steelers fans....but I guess the source of that one is probably the SB.

Atanta fans were pretty bad...but the Chiefs fans took home the prize.

As much as I hate the team...the fans that were the best IMO in terms of welcoming me to their site and talking football? Packers.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":3680srrl said:
As much as I hate the team...the fans that were the best IMO in terms of welcoming me to their site and talking football? Packers.

Yeah, because most of their fan base in the state of Wisconsin is comprised of a bunch of rural hillbillies.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":32gjpi50 said:
Marvin49":32gjpi50 said:

Yeah, because most of their fan base in the state of Wisconsin is comprised of a bunch of rural hillbillies.

LOL. Probably true.

Oh yeah...NY Giants fans are pretty bad too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":1sti816l said:
LOL. Probably true.

No, it is true. I had to live in rural Wisconsin for almost a decade after my parents divorced, and I've been to Lambeau. How do you think a city of 104,000 people supports a publicly owned NFL franchise?

(Hint: They don't. If you traced the source of dollars for the team, it'd come from a billion places in the middle of nowhere throughout the state. Still plenty from Milwaukee, Madison, etc. too, but way more from rural areas than any other NFL franchise.)

BigBay49

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3tg0zsdf said:
Kaepernick is a good, exciting QB. If he were a Seahawk we'd be giving him the same love and respect we give Wilson.

Word..

This is a Seahawk fan I would gladly high five because he clearly knows the game of football and isn't being biased.

Respect to you and your talented QB. Wish I knew more like you and that is not me being homer because you didn't hate on our QB just recognizing your general unbiased attitude. Love to talk football with guys like you.

largenutz

Reaction score
pehawk":55r1mdwz said:
Marvin49":55r1mdwz said:
pehawk":55r1mdwz said:
This is great. We haven't had a Kaep thread in awhile.

Hey man...I don't start em'. ;-)

Oh, I know sweetie.

For whatever reason there's ALOT of Seahawks fans obsessed with convincing themselves and others Wilson's better than Kaep. I dont understand it, really. For the 1st time ever in OUR franchise's history, we have an elite, top 5, inevitable champion, type QB. Personally, that evokes an opposite response in me, I'm very quiet. I have zero need to convince anyone or myself how great Wilson is. I no longer fret over other teams FA pickups or transactions, because, well, we have Wilson.

Before Wilson, I could spin logical yarns ending with the Seahawks holding a Lombardi. Any year, any QB, any coach, I've done it my entire life. I just dont need to do that anymore...it's very odd and refreshing.
this is my favorite pehawk quote, ever.
and i dont feel like i need a shower after reading it.
no, not a golden one.

BigBay49

Reaction score
hawker84":1q2315lc said:
NinerBuff":1q2315lc said:
RolandDeschain":1q2315lc said:

For me it's

Cowboys: They got as many superbowls as us and have screwed us out of almost as many chances to get another one plus ... **** the cowboys.

Packers: If I had to pick a second favorite team this would be it. However Favre burning us in the 90's and us never being able to beat them at their field until recently makes me despise them. I do like Rodgers though the guy grew up a niner fan and wanted to play for us.....

Raiders: Born and raised in the bay (South Bay in Frisco) only naturally do I despise the Raiders. It doesn't help that their fans are some of the most obnoxious in history. Even when their team is shit they find a way to talk crap and get more pleasure out of rooting against the 9ers than they do FOR the Raiders. **** Oakland.

Ravens/Rams. The Ravens are recent and have no history of rivalry with us but they beat us in our only superbowl loss. I will forever hate those purple bastards.
Rams.... well they are the only team in the division to have a superbowl title besides us and love to brag that they are the most recent superbowl winners in the division. Grats to yall I hope you send Kurt Warner a Christmas card every year.

Other than that I don't really hate any other teams. Steelers got 6 but never at our expense. Seattle might be competitive against us now but never beat us in any big games or won a superbowl (no offense). Giants almost made the list but are so spread out in their 49er heartbreaks that I don't really care.

Young2Rice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ukcwnhv said:
Marvin49":1ukcwnhv said:
LOL. Probably true.

No, it is true. I had to live in rural Wisconsin for almost a decade after my parents divorced, and I've been to Lambeau. How do you think a city of 104,000 people supports a publicly owned NFL franchise?

(Hint: They don't. If you traced the source of dollars for the team, it'd come from a billion places in the middle of nowhere throughout the state. Still plenty from Milwaukee, Madison, etc. too, but way more from rural areas than any other NFL franchise.)

Yup. A bunch of rich farmers really own that team. Its similar to our government. Yeah democracy "for the people, by the people" but the elected officials are rarely a representative of the "people" anymore.

My co worker from Wisc said the reason why Lambeu Field is still called that is when the city was trying to sell the naming rights to a corporation to generate income for the city, a bunch of super wealthy packer fans bought the naming rights and kept it Lambeu. I don't know how vaild that is though.

Latest posts