Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sherman So Far

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Sherman So Far
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:27 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:53 pm
  • We had Kam and Bobby as well as Red on defense.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:22 am
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:46 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

KitsapGuy wrote:

Dude just post the links. They aren't even showing up in my browser.

I'll do it this time, though. Free of charge. This time... :les:

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/10 ... 7431036928

https://twitter.com/SethWickersham/stat ... 4333370369
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:02 pm
  • None of Kitsapguy's posts ever show up on my mobile browser. Just the signature. (Is this because they're always embedded tweets?) Should probably look into what you're doing differently. I'm sure I'm not the only one missing out .
    Palmegranite
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:20 pm
  • Figured it out. In extensions-> tracking blocker. If this is enabled, no content appears in the post.
    Palmegranite
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:18 pm
  • Pretty ticky tack PI on sherm v the giants tonight.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:47 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:Pretty ticky tack PI on sherm v the giants tonight.

I'd be okay with a holding call on Sherman there, but PI I didn't really see. It didn't end up mattering, which is good.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:42 am
  • He looked really slow in yesterday’s game. Kinda like he was hurt. Was giving up on plays. Just looked like he was hurt but still playing in order to get paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12thmanNY
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:00 am
  • Can we see Fant get his first TD catch against Sherm? That would make me happy! I loved Sherman when he was in his prime, but now I want to see him get owned. :2thumbs:
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:00 pm
  • Lots of obsession here and in the media about Sherman, and to use his line “ he can be beat”. He’s no longer on the team which is too bad b/c he was a good player for the Hawks.

Am disliking his spin of the team is terrible: “they cut me when I was hurt” . Reality is he was cut b/c his salary was $12.5 mil for this year, and he was not living the first rule “always protect the team”. Sure he was hurt but that isn’t why he was released. Simply the team needed his cap money. Miss his ability, but thought he was pretty darn expensive to be a pain in the rear. The only thing he was “in” on was himself. He talked himself off the team.

Will enjoy seeing him on Sunday, loved him as a Hawk, but he’s not here anymore. Good luck to him, but not this Sunday.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:52 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:Lots of obsession here and in the media about Sherman, and to use his line “ he can be beat”. He’s no longer on the team which is too bad b/c he was a good player for the Hawks.

Am disliking his spin of the team is terrible: “they cut me when I was hurt” . Reality is he was cut b/c his salary was $12.5 mil for this year, and he was not living the first rule “always protect the team”. Sure he was hurt but that isn’t why he was released. Simply the team needed his cap money. Miss his ability, but thought he was pretty darn expensive to be a pain in the rear. The only thing he was “in” on was himself. He talked himself off the team.

Will enjoy seeing him on Sunday, loved him as a Hawk, but he’s not here anymore. Good luck to him, but not this Sunday.

Yeah he was released because Russell Wilson was about to get paid, and he was approaching inevitable physical decline. He can't really guard elite WRs all game any more. He's just a role player now.

However, he could have remained effective if Seattle would have held on to their defensive players, where he wasn't the most important player. The intermittent losses of Kam and Earl and the rest clearly showed over the years.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:35 pm
  • Change happens, as does age, and so do injuries.

Richard's ego won't allow him to acknowledge his problem in Seattle was himself. Going into a season after an injury that materially slows players down, where he was being paid $12.5 million/yr. but unable to practice yet, and was mean mouthing the team and the coaching staff and anyone else that he thought wouldn't respond was a recipe to get himself traded or released. He actively wanted to be traded, but no-one wanted the grief of Sherman at $12.5 million /yr. He got himself released but no part of the blame for that lays upon him. To that I say OK, whatever.

He was great player with the support of the others in the defensive backfield that was the LOB, but he was not the greatest of those players and yet he thought he was, and thus was beyond control. Now he throws crap at the team and various players on the team b/c it's part of his schtick. Playing into his drama only gives him more power and he isn't what he used to be. No player is ever bigger than his team.

I loved him as a Seahawks player for his play, at times his mouth was his worst enemy. In the end he thought he was better than he actually was. The team made a solid personnel decision releasing him for economic reasons and because he didn't really want to be here anymore. The team did him a favour.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:53 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Change happens, as does age, and so do injuries.

Richard's ego won't allow him to acknowledge his problem in Seattle was himself. Going into a season after an injury that materially slows players down, where he was being paid $12.5 million/yr. but unable to practice yet, and was mean mouthing the team and the coaching staff and anyone else that he thought wouldn't respond was a recipe to get himself traded or released. He actively wanted to be traded, but no-one wanted the grief of Sherman at $12.5 million /yr. He got himself released but no part of the blame for that lays upon him. To that I say OK, whatever.

He was great player with the support of the others in the defensive backfield that was the LOB, but he was not the greatest of those players and yet he thought he was, and thus was beyond control. Now he throws crap at the team and various players on the team b/c it's part of his schtick. Playing into his drama only gives him more power and he isn't what he used to be. No player is ever bigger than his team.

I loved him as a Seahawks player for his play, at times his mouth was his worst enemy. In the end he thought he was better than he actually was. The team made a solid personnel decision releasing him for economic reasons and because he didn't really want to be here anymore. The team did him a favour.

I'm pretty sure the "grief" of Sherman was directly related to not calling a run with Marshawn Lynch. He's been a model citizen in San Francisco, and to my memory, he was never a problem with Seattle until after that Super Bowl. Prior to that he was a headache to what ever WR he lined up against.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall any team strife in the media related to Sherman until that game. So what I'm saying is, I can see why he was being a douche, whether or not I agree with it (I don't- win as a team, lose as a team).

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information