Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Division Rivals

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Division Rivals
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:11 am
  • 94Smith wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:

Also, for the record, Jimmy has played better than I expected. I've been impressed with him so far. That the Niners won this game and were up by multiple scores at one point validates the "hype" IMO. So now when I check out the Rams upcoming schedule:

Chargers
    Vikings
    @Seahawks
    @Broncos
    @Niners
    Packers
    @Saints

I'd say that is pretty favorable. By all accounts you are going to be determining home field advantage throughout the playoffs with the games against the Vikings and the Packers and you get to play them in your stadium. You have to play the niners and the seahawks anyway, so when you play them is moot. The Saints have been looking like they have zero home field advantage. It is a stretch of tough teams, but is any game a sure win in the NFC this year?

I guess my point was with how the Niners looked, what I originally thought would be easy now looks more difficult
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:13 am
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    94Smith wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:

Also, for the record, Jimmy has played better than I expected. I've been impressed with him so far. That the Niners won this game and were up by multiple scores at one point validates the "hype" IMO. So now when I check out the Rams upcoming schedule:

Chargers
    Vikings
    @Seahawks
    @Broncos
    @Niners
    Packers
    @Saints

I'd say that is pretty favorable. By all accounts you are going to be determining home field advantage throughout the playoffs with the games against the Vikings and the Packers and you get to play them in your stadium. You have to play the niners and the seahawks anyway, so when you play them is moot. The Saints have been looking like they have zero home field advantage. It is a stretch of tough teams, but is any game a sure win in the NFC this year?

I guess my point was with how the Niners looked, what I originally thought would be easy now looks more difficult

I still think the Rams have a sizable edge there.

Much has been made of "teams figuing out" Jimmy G. I don't think thats the issue at all. I think last year he was just wingin it because he didn't know the offense. This year he almost seems in his head a bit. Shanahan system sometimes take two years to master and I think he/they are i the middle of that. There are a number of times he and his WR are on different pages resulting in ugly interceptions but to me the part that has me more concerned is him holding the ball WAY too long and taking sacks he shouldn't take.

That a combo IMO of two things.

1) Trying to get through his reads and make something happen.
    2) WRs not getting open.

I still have 100% faith in him a very good QB but I think we forget how few starts he's had and how much he can still improve particularly in this system. I'll also be nice to get Goodwin back.

Niners aren't there yet. Alot of work to do and holes to fill.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:10 am
  • Agreed.

I root for em but the 9ers still have a ton of holes and from these first two weeks I still think they're the 8-8 team I thought they'd be.

They'll lose some they should win and win some they should lose, but overall I think the division is setting up nicely this year for the Rams going all in.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:02 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:Agreed.

I root for em but the 9ers still have a ton of holes and from these first two weeks I still think they're the 8-8 team I thought they'd be.

They'll lose some they should win and win some they should lose, but overall I think the division is setting up nicely this year for the Rams going all in.

Agreed. I think the Niners are gonna have a tough time here early on and really put together a streak at the end as they get better within the schemes and the schedule softens.

As a Rams fan you always have to worry about young, upstart teams (of which you yourself are one), but barring injuries I think the Rams take the division again this year.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:52 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:
    94Smith wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:

Chargers
    Vikings
    @Seahawks
    @Broncos
    @Niners
    Packers
    @Saints

I still think the Rams have a sizable edge there.

Much has been made of "teams figuing out" Jimmy G. I don't think thats the issue at all. I think last year he was just wingin it because he didn't know the offense. This year he almost seems in his head a bit. Shanahan system sometimes take two years to master and I think he/they are i the middle of that. There are a number of times he and his WR are on different pages resulting in ugly interceptions but to me the part that has me more concerned is him holding the ball WAY too long and taking sacks he shouldn't take.

That a combo IMO of two things.

1) Trying to get through his reads and make something happen.
    2) WRs not getting open.

I still have 100% faith in him a very good QB but I think we forget how few starts he's had and how much he can still improve particularly in this system. I'll also be nice to get Goodwin back.

Niners aren't there yet. Alot of work to do and holes to fill.

Tbh the All 22 film shows a lot of instances where the receivers are absolutely blanketed. Goodwin is really needed, and the loss of Jet is really showing up.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:44 pm
  • The Rams look incredible.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:53 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:The Rams look incredible.

The Rams are class. But they haven't really been tested yet this year. Hell, they haven't even left California yet. Let's see what happens Thursday before we anoint them.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:01 pm
  • Chargers are a very talented team. They had to play arguably the hottest teams in the league and lost to both with a convincing win against a hapless Bills team (maybe not so hapless as of this week) sandwiched in between. I had high hopes for them, but... chargers
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:30 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:The Rams look incredible.

The Rams are class. But they haven't really been tested yet this year. Hell, they haven't even left California yet. Let's see what happens Thursday before we anoint them.

Kick off is less than 4 days away.

Rams today lost Peters, Talib, Easley and JoJo.

There is now no Kick Returner and we have a sub-par fill in for our pro-bowl kicker. Best two DBs out.

I still think Rams beat Vikes in a tough battle.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:32 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Chargers are a very talented team. They had to play arguably the hottest teams in the league and lost to both with a convincing win against a hapless Bills team (maybe not so hapless as of this week) sandwiched in between. I had high hopes for them, but... chargers

Chargers.

When the Rams got a TD cuz they blocked the Charger punter in the Rams end zone...my first thought was - only the Chargers.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:27 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:The Rams look incredible.

Kick off is less than 4 days away.

Rams today lost Peters, Talib, Easley and JoJo.

There is now no Kick Returner and we have a sub-par fill in for our pro-bowl kicker. Best two DBs out.

I still think Rams beat Vikes in a tough battle.

The Rams will probably still be favored, especially after the egg Minnesota laid yesterday, and I'm inclined to think they'll win. I just don't like declaring the division race over less than a quarter of the way through the season, it has nothing to do with talent estimations. Plus, I am just sick and tired of the Negative Nancys that have overflowed on this message board.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:37 am
  • What???

I was talking about the Week 4 game.

I didn’t say anything about “declaring” anything.

ETA though: is this the thread from pre-season about the best QB in the division being not even discussable as Wilson wins it hands down with no doubt? I do believe I said, let’s play the games.

We are playing them.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:48 am
  • RedAlice wrote:What???

I wasn't complaining about your post, I was just explaining my comment on refusing to anoint the Rams just yet. The Negative Nancys are the idiots around here who think the Hawks should fire Carroll, cut Wilson, and tank for Justin Herbert or whoever the talking heads are fawning over at the moment.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:40 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:What???

I wasn't complaining about your post, I was just explaining my comment on refusing to anoint the Rams just yet. The Negative Nancys are the idiots around here who think the Hawks should fire Carroll, cut Wilson, and tank for Justin Herbert or whoever the talking heads are fawning over at the moment.

You forgot trade Earl for what you can get and package him with Ifedi. :P

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:51 am
  • Adversity brings out the worst of the fan base
    94Smith
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:29 am
  • 94Smith wrote:Adversity brings out the worst of the fan base

Oh man no.

Success brings out the worst of a fan base.

It's only the fans of successful teams that prattle on about league wide conspiracies to hold their team down every time they lose, that constantly complain about imagined slights and disrespect, and that act haughty to other fans because they are fans of teams that happen to be good at the moment. Success also brings out all the bandwagon fans that shout loudly about things they entirely don't understand.

Nothing brings out the worst in fans (and the worst fans) like success.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:35 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Adversity brings out the worst of the fan base

Oh man no.

It's only the fans of successful teams that prattle on about league wide conspiracies to hold their team down every time they lose, that constantly complain about imagined slights and disrespect, and that act haughty to other fans because they are fans of teams that happen to be good at the moment. Success also brings out all the bandwagon fans that shout loudly about things they entirely don't understand.

There's also no limit on how far back that success can be...see the countless D-bag 49ers fans we've had over the years well after their glory years were gone and before Harbaugh. ;)

Every single attempt at saying anything other than great things about the 49ers being met with "FIVE RINGZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!111".....Ugh.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Adversity brings out the worst of the fan base

Oh man no.

There's also no limit on how far back that success can be...see the countless D-bag 49ers fans we've had over the years well after their glory years were gone and before Harbaugh. ;)

Every single attempt at saying anything other than great things about the 49ers being met with "FIVE RINGZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!111".....Ugh.

I know, man... Every. Single. Post.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:00 am
  • :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:45 am
  • Maulbert wrote:

Man I wasnt trying to be negative I was calling it how I see it. Not anointing them, but they look like the best team in the NFC so far, no?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:18 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:I know, man... Every. Single. Post.

You jest, but there WERE some short-lived Niners fans around here where it was nearly every post.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:45 pm

• Mind-boggling.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:

Mind-boggling.

Wow...
    b8rtm8nn
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:26 pm
  • Vikings are going to have a sour taste in their mouth. Should be a good game!
    94Smith
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:07 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:Vikings are going to have a sour taste in their mouth. Should be a good game!

They were a historically good third down defense last year... could be a good matchup if the Vikes get their heads outta their rears.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:20 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Man I wasnt trying to be negative I was calling it how I see it. Not anointing them, but they look like the best team in the NFC so far, no?

Sorry, the only part directed towards you was my unwillingness to crown the Rams. The Negative Nancys was especially targeted at the foaming-mouth hoard in the main forum.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:30 pm
  • Gotcha. I think they've looked the best of the NFC teams so far, but it's only been three weeks. We've seen lots of teams get off to hot starts and falter - 2016 Vikes, 2015 Falcons, 2017 Chiefs come to mind. I'm not sure the Rams are in that category of team, but they could be. Losing your top 2 corners, even if it is for a couple weeks, is a problem.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:40 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Gotcha. I think they've looked the best of the NFC teams so far, but it's only been three weeks. We've seen lots of teams get off to hot starts and falter - 2016 Vikes, 2015 Falcons, 2017 Chiefs come to mind. I'm not sure the Rams are in that category of team, but they could be. Losing your top 2 corners, even if it is for a couple weeks, is a problem.

The Rams, probably are for real, but they haven't really played anyone yet. Their opponents combined record is 1-8, with the only victory being over the Nathan Peterman-led Bills. I just want them to prove it against real talent first.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:38 pm
  • Sounds fair to me! I think we are all vikings fans for tomorrow!
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:00 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Gotcha. I think they've looked the best of the NFC teams so far, but it's only been three weeks. We've seen lots of teams get off to hot starts and falter - 2016 Vikes, 2015 Falcons, 2017 Chiefs come to mind. I'm not sure the Rams are in that category of team, but they could be. Losing your top 2 corners, even if it is for a couple weeks, is a problem.

The Rams, probably are for real, but they haven't really played anyone yet. Their opponents combined record is 1-8, with the only victory being over the Nathan Peterman-led Bills. I just want them to prove it against real talent first.

:179417:

Oh wait, you want proof v real talent, so Vikes prolly no longer qualify.

Who does?
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:05 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I think discussion is good.

It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

Niners sneaking up.

So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.

Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

- If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
    - Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
    - Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half

The original question I responded to somewhere in this thread was who is the BEST QB in this division this year.

I was told pretty much its Wilson and slammed for saying else.

The games are being played.....

https://twitter.com/ramsnfl/status/1045 ... 82304?s=21

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... 70-yard-td
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:04 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Gotcha. I think they've looked the best of the NFC teams so far, but it's only been three weeks. We've seen lots of teams get off to hot starts and falter - 2016 Vikes, 2015 Falcons, 2017 Chiefs come to mind. I'm not sure the Rams are in that category of team, but they could be. Losing your top 2 corners, even if it is for a couple weeks, is a problem.

Who does?

I posted that a day before the game. Give me a break. You need to check your insecurity. I will, however, point out, the Rams still haven't set foot outside California yet this season.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:18 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Who does?

I posted that a day before the game. Give me a break. You need to check your insecurity. I will, however, point out, the Rams still haven't set foot outside California yet this season.

My insecurity? Give me a break.

Yes, I am aware of the Rams schedule and your need to justify why they are not good.

And are we not ALL posting comments about the teams before the games? I am being quite severely under talking about my team right now, both before and after the games.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:48 am
  • So I think the Rams have gone three and out twice (maybe thrice) now in four games?

In seattle we call that the first quarter :mrgreen:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:03 pm
  • You guys want to know who the best QB is ?

It the guy that has great talent coming in, then a scheme and coaches that will adapt to his strengths and surround him with good talent to use, then he needs a good OC and Coach that will not get in his way, throw in a O line which I include in good talent, doesn't have to be all Pro every where just good enough to work as a unit to be consistent.

The All Pro's and the MVP and playoffs come with the above, oh and a decent defense to get him the ball in shorter fields.

That can be any of the 4 teams any given year, you seen the 49ers rise and fall, Cards rise and fall, Seahawks rise and are trying not to fall, and now the Rams rising. All have had Coaching and Gm and DC and OC changes that created ripples, maybe not year one, but by year two many times you began to see changes in how things were done and attitudes of players on all the teams.

The reason I say this is when you have guys like Fouts, Pastorini, Marino, Archie Manning, who were great QB's but were on teams that had a missing element.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:24 am
  • I use this as a gimmick on some boards.

But here, it’s true. Chris is right.

Always right.

Word.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:28 am
  • Also gonna say this.

I have been accused of being “different” now.

But my god, I am a fan of a team that is performing. A team that has sucked while I loved them heart and soul.

Is my attitude different? Yes.

Is my love different? No.

Do I respect all fans here? Yes.

Call me out if needed, but to the end of the earth I now and always have loved my babies and respected yours.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:07 am
  • RedAlice wrote:Also gonna say this.

I have been accused of being “different” now.

But my god, I am a fan of a team that is performing. A team that has sucked while I loved them heart and soul.

Is my attitude different? Yes.

Is my love different? No.

Do I respect all fans here? Yes.

Call me out if needed, but to the end of the earth I now and always have loved my babies and respected yours.

I know you weren't addressing me with this but still...

...don't even trip. Nature of the beast. When your team sucks, you say they suck. That earns you respect. When they don't suck and you say they don't suck you get grief. Its just the way it works.

All fans of other teams wanna hear is why your team sucks and is worse than their team. That's all it is.

As a Niner fan, I want the Rams to suck. :D I admit it. Moreover, Of COURSE i do.

However, they don't. In fact, not close.

Now peeps could go into how good McVay is and how he makes Goff look better and that Wilson doesn't have a good OC, etc, etc, but in the end none of that matters as its all subjective. There is really no way to know.

Wanna hear something blasphemous as a Niner fan? I love Joe Montana and Steve Young. Do I think they would have been just as good without Bill Walsh? The homer Niner fan would say "Of course!!"

Reality though is that there is no way to know. Steve certainly wasn't Steve in Tampa.

Bottom Line, You are what your stats and record say you are. Rams and Goff right now easily the class of the division. Feel free to let your fan flag fly. I would.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:33 am
  • Beathard led niners team put some serious points up on the Chargers and it was a close game. That's a heck of a job.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:55 am
  • adeltaY wrote:Beathard led niners team put some serious points up on the Chargers and it was a close game. That's a heck of a job.

Yeah, esp considering Staley and all the other players who did if not exit played notably hurt in the game.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:29 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Beathard led niners team put some serious points up on the Chargers and it was a close game. That's a heck of a job.

...and the two INTs could easily be argued were not his fault.

The first was right in Celeks hands and bounced off his shoulderpad and into the air. If he catches it, it might be a TD. As it was, it was nearly a 95+ yard pick 6.

The second I think should have rightfully been called a fumble and not an INT. He was blindsided by Derwin James and the LT (Not Staley as he was out) didn't pick him up.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:21 pm
  • Damn if yall could play defense you'd have won that game. Just watched the highlights
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 am
  • Rams gonna play in the snow this week.

Didn’t think this fact needed it’s own thread, so thought I would put it here.

Many and most of the Rams team has played in the snow, I do not think Goff has though.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:27 am
  • The 49ers have 8... EIGHT starters on offense injured.

This same shit happened last year. How is it that the 49ers keep getting so many injuries? Okay, Jimmy G was a dumbass for not stepping out of bounds, but what's going on?

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:28 am
  • RedAlice wrote:Rams gonna play in the snow this week.

Many and most of the Rams team has played in the snow, I do not think Goff has though.

Rams got Gurly. If they're passing a bunch, they're doing it wrong anyway.

&@$# that!

That's what Sherman said
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:27 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:The 49ers have 8... EIGHT starters on offense injured.

This same shit happened last year. How is it that the 49ers keep getting so many injuries? Okay, Jimmy G was a dumbass for not stepping out of bounds, but what's going on?

Rams used to have a similar problem. IMO it's the coaching staff and primarily the strength and conditioning coach when the problem is THAT bad.

I know a lot of them were flukes but I really think it has a lot to do with the S and C coach.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Rams gonna play in the snow this week.

I know the "workhorse" RB has gone by the way side, but it still shocked me that Gurley is leading the NFL in carries. I get that he's special and that we need to use him, but I would like to see more Malcolm Brown to limit the wear and tear on Gurley. Malcolm has looked excellent when he's gotten in, and obviously McVay knows best, but leading the NFL in carries and then catching passes out of the backfield is not something I want for Gurley.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:20 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Rams gonna play in the snow this week.

So. I am wrong. Apparently there is snow in Washington and Oregon.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:32 am
  • RedAlice wrote:Do I respect all fans here? Yes.

Psh....don't pretend all fans deserve respect here. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:31 pm
  • Uhh, so I know the Packers D sucks, but the Niners offense looks pretty good, especially compared to expectations with CJB.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information