Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Who misses Cable?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Who misses Cable?
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:02 pm
  • Saw today that Tom is up to his old tricks. He's moving perennial LT pro bowler Donald Penn to RT, with Penn seemingly very uncomfortable with the move. Best move since the 2012 draft was ridding us of Cabevell. Too bad we didn't move them a few years back to see what we could have become.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Re: Who misses Cable?
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:11 pm
  • Who? :sarcasm_off:
    Just The Tip......

I'm a 6'5, 255lb ginger. You can't hurt me, I have no soul.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:13 pm
  • Ahahahahaha totally not.
    GLio14
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 pm
  • Good question.
    Last edited by nategreat on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 pm
  • NOBODY!!!
    Hawksfan78
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 pm
  • Penn is like 35 and starting to decline in play. Not remotely a Cable lover but it could work.... Probably won't though.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:26 pm
  • Who misses Cable????

Seattle’s upcoming opponents!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:48 pm
  • I give, who is Misses Cable?
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:02 pm
  • If the story about how Cable was the driving force behind getting Lynch and making him great are true, we owe him.

However, given the results he provided apart from Lynch? He owes us.

I call it even. Glad he is gone. If he was a key to making Lynch win for us, I appreciate that.

I know he wasn't given much to work with often, but when he was he seemed to screw it up.

So thank him for Lynch and otherwise please let us forget all the damage he caused.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:11 pm
  • So Marshawn busted off a 60 yd run. It was called back on a hold by Cable's prized 1st rd tackle.

Cable is the worst.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:36 pm
  • seabowl wrote:Saw today that Tom is up to his old tricks. He's moving perennial LT pro bowler Donald Penn to RT, with Penn seemingly very uncomfortable with the move. Best move since the 2012 draft was ridding us of Cabevell. Too bad we didn't move them a few years back to see what we could have become.

It's a brilliant strategy by Cable. The line will look like dog crap and he will have the perfect excuse.

--"We're playing young guys."
    --"We got guys playing new positions."
    --"The O-Line needs time to gel given the new system."
    --Make an insane statement {insert any player here} "He can be the best G-T in the NFL" The player proceeds to
    underwhelm the entire season.
    --Injury Excuse. Tom Cable O-Lines will always be injured. They are playing out of position, diving at people's legs, and are discombobulated of course they are going to get injured. See the George Fant injury last pre-season totally avoidable, unless of course Cable is involved. (Britt whiffed on a cut block, and took out Fant. ON A PASS PLAY! I believe it was a 3 step drop too, and it wasn't a screen. In the pre-season. Insane.)

*EDIT* I found the play. He wasn't cutting, but might as well have been. BAD COACHING.

So the Raiders just gave Cable 2 high draft picks the previous draft to build the line. Cable will demand they bring in more of his guys. That will be castoffs from the Seahawks, and a couple more draft busts that he will handpick. They will be even worse.

--Cable will then say "We are one of the youngest O-Lines in the league, and they will need another season to fully judge what they have."
    --Point fingers at other areas of the football team to deflect, especially the QB.
    --Simplify and dumb down the scheme even more.

The year 3 strategy for Cable has always been to hang on for dear life. He doesn't last much longer than 2 years anywhere he goes.

I wish he would of gone to Santa Clara instead, then the Hawks could take advantage of his tomfoolery twice a year.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:04 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    seabowl wrote:Saw today that Tom is up to his old tricks. He's moving perennial LT pro bowler Donald Penn to RT, with Penn seemingly very uncomfortable with the move. Best move since the 2012 draft was ridding us of Cabevell. Too bad we didn't move them a few years back to see what we could have become.

It's a brilliant strategy by Cable. The line will look like dog crap and he will have the perfect excuse.

--"We're playing young guys."
    --"We got guys playing new positions."
    --"The O-Line needs time to gel given the new system."
    --Make an insane statement {insert any player here} "He can be the best G-T in the NFL" The player proceeds to
    underwhelm the entire season.
    --Injury Excuse. Tom Cable O-Lines will always be injured. They are playing out of position, diving at people's legs, and are discombobulated of course they are going to get injured. See the George Fant injury last pre-season totally avoidable, unless of course Cable is involved. (Britt whiffed on a cut block, and took out Fant. ON A PASS PLAY! I believe it was a 3 step drop too, and it wasn't a screen. In the pre-season. Insane.)

*EDIT* I found the play. He wasn't cutting, but might as well have been. BAD COACHING.

So the Raiders just gave Cable 2 high draft picks the previous draft to build the line. Cable will demand they bring in more of his guys. That will be castoffs from the Seahawks, and a couple more draft busts that he will handpick. They will be even worse.

--Cable will then say "We are one of the youngest O-Lines in the league, and they will need another season to fully judge what they have."
    --Point fingers at other areas of the football team to deflect, especially the QB.
    --Simplify and dumb down the scheme even more.

The year 3 strategy for Cable has always been to hang on for dear life. He doesn't last much longer than 2 years anywhere he goes.

I wish he would of gone to Santa Clara instead, then the Hawks could take advantage of his tomfoolery twice a year.

It may still happen....in a couple of years. :0190l: :twisted:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:06 pm
  • I HATE that guy! He got our QB injured, he got our Running Backs injured. He is SOLELY responsible for us not repeating or threepeating.

:rumble:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:57 pm
  • I know how much Bevell was hated, but I still fully believe at least 75% of our offensive struggles were Cable's fault, not Bevell's. Who gives a flying rat's ass what the play call is when 5 300 pound lineman struggle to block fleas?
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:38 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:I know how much Bevell was hated, but I still fully believe at least 75% of our offensive struggles were Cable's fault, not Bevell's. Who gives a flying rat's ass what the play call is when 5 300 pound lineman struggle to block fleas?

I believe it was 50-50 on the fault meter. Both sucked!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:54 am
  • I haven't missed cable since I cancelled my subscription and switched to Netflix and Hulu.

I completely understand the board but am disappointed nobody made this joke.
    2018 Adopt-a-rookie: Tre Flowers, CB
    jmahon316
    NET Rookie

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:00 pm
  • jmahon316 wrote:I haven't missed cable since I cancelled my subscription and switched to Netflix and Hulu.

If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:23 pm
  • Bevell was pretty damn bad, it's why he doesn't have a job right now. If teams thought he was even a shred responsible for Wilson's development he would be in the NFL right now. He wasn't, he was dead weight.

Cable is probably at his last stop right now. Bevell might get one more shot with Quinn down in ATL if Sark face plants again. "MIGHT" being the keyword.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:28 am
  • Cable cost the team 4 wins a season every season he was here. Looking back on things this team should have won 3 out of 4 Superbowls from 2012-2015. They should have gone 19-0 in 2013 the team was that good. For a team with Lynch that was all about "pounding the rock", they could not covert short yardage runs to save their life. They would get stood up on the goal line all the time. Everyone thinks about the last pay of 49 but that game could have been put away if they converted a few more 3rd and shorts during the game. Cable was awful. He is the worst coach in football at any level.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm
  • After watching the 3rd pre-season game against the Vikings, and seeing Chris Carson walk into the endzone untouched on a redzone run, it really, really made me miss Tom Cable, his amazing coaching, and the toughness he brought to the team.
    Psyche!
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:25 pm
  • We were running all over teams last preseason too...
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:51 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:If the story about how Cable was the driving force behind getting Lynch and making him great are true, we owe him.

However, given the results he provided apart from Lynch? He owes us.

I call it even. Glad he is gone. If he was a key to making Lynch win for us, I appreciate that.

I know he wasn't given much to work with often, but when he was he seemed to screw it up.

So thank him for Lynch and otherwise please let us forget all the damage he caused.

I don't think that narrative is true personally. I think Cable was gifted an all time great running back as well as an all time great running QB and the newness of the read option. It probably didn't matter much who the line coach was with that in place.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:34 pm
  • Lynch was struggling to run until he had a sit down with Cable and committed to learning the zone run system and he took off second half of 2011. Or so the story goes. I think Lynch corroborated it tho
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:04 pm
  • Anyone that answers "yes", should be perma-banned. I'm all about free speech except when it comes to the words "Cable" or "Bevell". Those words bring about a curse. Curse-words..
    Ilinoiseyhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information