Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

How many games will 0-9ers win through their first nine?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Seahawks D 2010 ( Rookie Years for Kam and Earl): 27th Ranked Defense
    Seahawks D 2011 (Rookie year for Sherman): 9th Ranked Defense
    Seahawks D 2012: 4th Ranked Defense.

    Don't rank defenses by yardage. Ignorant metric.


    So if you use Pts its 2010: 25th, 2011: 7th, 2012: 1st.

    ...which doesn't in any way change point I was making. Players improve. Things change.

    By his logic Kam and Earl suck because they had the 25th ranked D in 2010.

    Clearly, that's not the case.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6026
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • 3 to 5 wins.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1173
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • adeltaY wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    M'Kay.


    Were you not one of the worst defenses in the NFL?

    M'Kay.


    Seahawks D 2010 ( Rookie Years for Kam and Earl): 27th Ranked Defense
    Seahawks D 2011 (Rookie year for Sherman): 9th Ranked Defense
    Seahawks D 2012: 4th Ranked Defense.

    Things change. Players develop. Not saying this D will be Seattle and there are guarantees but there is TALENT all over the 49ers D (Foster, Solomon Thomas, Buckner, Witherspoon, Tartt, Colbert). "Replacement level players". LOL. Yer funny.

    I realize you are just trolling for a reaction, but man...you gotta try harder.


    Forgot about Thomas. Vast majority of even top pick DL players take a while to develop so he will continue to get better.

    Not sure what we have to gain by denying good players on bad defenses their due. Aren't we hoping our own players develop and that's why it's okay that we lost so much defensive talent? Would niners fans be correct in saying Shaquill Griffin is a slightly above average player because our defense finished slightly above average (13th)? Can't have it both ways.

    The 49ers defense was that bad because the offense was horrid (specifically the qbs, guards and rt). Look at what the defense did after the offense started converting third downs (when Jimmy G began to start).

    During the games Jimmy G started, the 49ers were 7th in yards allowed (were 28th without him), 9th in yards per play (18th), and 9th in points allowed (28th). Sounds like a top ten defense when the offense isn’t giving up 400 three and outs every game.


    http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco- ... everything


    Of course, Jimmy G may take a step back, injuries may happen, and maybe the quality of offense wasn’t as good. But that defense certainly isn’t BAD. They just weren’t getting much help from the offense.
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1173
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Seahawks D 2010 ( Rookie Years for Kam and Earl): 27th Ranked Defense
    Seahawks D 2011 (Rookie year for Sherman): 9th Ranked Defense
    Seahawks D 2012: 4th Ranked Defense.

    Don't rank defenses by yardage. Ignorant metric.


    So if you use Pts its 2010: 25th, 2011: 7th, 2012: 1st.

    ...which doesn't in any way change point I was making. Players improve. Things change.

    By his logic Kam and Earl suck because they had the 25th ranked D in 2010.

    Clearly, that's not the case.


    Things change.

    Ipso facto, the Whiner defense will go from crap to great this year.

    Amazing argument, Baghdad Bob.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1301
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Seahawks D 2010 ( Rookie Years for Kam and Earl): 27th Ranked Defense
    Seahawks D 2011 (Rookie year for Sherman): 9th Ranked Defense
    Seahawks D 2012: 4th Ranked Defense.

    Don't rank defenses by yardage. Ignorant metric.


    So if you use Pts its 2010: 25th, 2011: 7th, 2012: 1st.

    ...which doesn't in any way change point I was making. Players improve. Things change.

    By his logic Kam and Earl suck because they had the 25th ranked D in 2010.

    Clearly, that's not the case.


    Things change.

    Ipso facto, the Whiner defense will go from crap to great this year.

    Amazing argument, Baghdad Bob.


    I didn't say that....and moreover you KNOW I didn't say that.

    In fact I said there were no guarantees. I am not by any means saying the 49ers D will be that good or will be good at all. What I AM saying though is that your argument that all but 1 or 2 players on the Niner D suck because of the defensive ranking this year is bunk. Solomon Thomas was a Rookie. Rueben Foster missed half the season. Witherspoon didn't start till late in the year. Tartt missed several games to injury. Colbert didn't start until late in the year. Armstead missed most of the season.

    If you are going to troll, please at least try to stay on topic.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6026
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • The topic is a prediction thread.

    Man up and give one.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1301
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • hawknation2018 wrote:The topic is a prediction thread.

    Man up and give one.


    6-3.

    Likely too many wins there but I'd rather be an optimist than a pessimist.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6026
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:The topic is a prediction thread.

    Man up and give one.


    6-3.

    Likely too many wins there but I'd rather be an optimist than a pessimist.


    Oh, we know.

    Like when you picked the 49ers to win 10 games in 2015. :lol:

    Image
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3994
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Seahawks D 2010 ( Rookie Years for Kam and Earl): 27th Ranked Defense
    Seahawks D 2011 (Rookie year for Sherman): 9th Ranked Defense
    Seahawks D 2012: 4th Ranked Defense.

    Don't rank defenses by yardage. Ignorant metric.


    True dat.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2212
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:The topic is a prediction thread.

    Man up and give one.


    6-3.

    Likely too many wins there but I'd rather be an optimist than a pessimist.


    Oh, we know.

    Like when you picked the 49ers to win 10 games in 2015. :lol:

    Image


    I don't remember that prediction but I won't argue it.

    I'd be curious tho if that was before or after Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Anthony Davis and Chris Borland retired, Aldon got in trouble again, and they lost Crabtree, Gore, and Iupati to Free Agency. That was a rough year.

    They went 5-11 but curious what their record would have been with all those guys on the roster.

    ...oh yeah, and they lost that Harbaugh guy too.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6026
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • 4 -5
    Teamhawk1
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 3
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:54 pm


  • I'll go with 5-4.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3985
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


  • 7-2 with losses to Chargers and Rams.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2212
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Probably 7ish.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 255
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


  • Depends of Grappallo can stay upright. This division is going to have some horses going after the QB, he ain't in the AFC East any more TOTO.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24356
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • 1. At Vikings LOSS
    2. Lions WIN
    3. At Chiefs LOSS
    4. At Chargers WIN
    5. Cardinals WIN
    6. At Packers LOSS
    7. Rams WIN
    8. At Cardinals WIN
    9. Raiders WIN

    6-3 for me. This feels a lot like 2017 when Seahawk fans laughed at the Rams in June/July. The Niners are going to be a problem for the foreseeable future.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11371
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • So are the Rams.

    What team isn't going to be a problem for the foreseeable future? I guess that leaves the Cards?

    Wouldn't count them out just yet either.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2985
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


  • My Niner predictions first 9 games:

    W1 SF@Minny - Loss
    W2 Det@SF - Win
    W3 SF@KC - Loss
    W4 SF@ LA Chargers - Loss
    W5 Cards @SF - Win
    W6 SF @GB - Win
    W7 LA Rams @SF - Loss
    W8 SF @Cards - Win
    W9 Raiders @SF - Loss

    4-5
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2985
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


  • RedAlice wrote:My Niner predictions first 9 games:

    W1 SF@Minny - Loss
    W2 Det@SF - Win
    W3 SF@KC - Loss
    W4 SF@ LA Chargers - Loss
    W5 Cards @SF - Win
    W6 SF @GB - Win
    W7 LA Rams @SF - Loss
    W8 SF @Cards - Win
    W9 Raiders @SF - Loss

    4-5


    I think they win fewer than that, but I'll take a losing record for them through nine! 8)
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1301
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • RedAlice wrote:So are the Rams.

    What team isn't going to be a problem for the foreseeable future? I guess that leaves the Cards?

    Wouldn't count them out just yet either.


    Very true. Looks like the division is getting back to being what it was about 4 years ago. Fire tempers Steel.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7673
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:So are the Rams.

    What team isn't going to be a problem for the foreseeable future? I guess that leaves the Cards?

    Wouldn't count them out just yet either.


    Very true. Looks like the division is getting back to being what it was about 4 years ago. Fire tempers Steel.



    Hope so! It's more fun when our division is tough and all of the teams are good.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2985
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


  • RedAlice wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:So are the Rams.

    What team isn't going to be a problem for the foreseeable future? I guess that leaves the Cards?

    Wouldn't count them out just yet either.


    Very true. Looks like the division is getting back to being what it was about 4 years ago. Fire tempers Steel.



    Hope so! It's more fun when our division is tough and all of the teams are good.


    When our division is tough, NO other division compares and we route them no matter what team we send.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7673
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Previous


It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests