Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • original poster wrote:Sounds like negotiation technique with Donald if you ask me.

^
    This.

There is between slim and no chance they are paying for both Donald and Suh together on the line.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• If i'm the Rams, I would go all in. Why not? They are going to be in cap space hell in the next couple of years anyways. If Suh signed with them, I would sit Wilson for those 2 games if I was Seattle. He wouldnt survive that.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:
    original poster wrote:Sounds like negotiation technique with Donald if you ask me.

^
    This.

There is between slim and no chance they are paying for both Donald and Suh together on the line.

I wouldn't be so sure. Even with all their shopping the Rams still have the 10th most cap space in the league left for this year (28 million), and the third most cap space in the league for 2019 (100 million).

They could sign Suh and franchise Donald next year and still be perfectly fine in terms of cap space for the next two years.

They have a lot of their own resigning to do obviously (Donald this year, Gurley next year, Goff the year after that), but I suspect they're also (wisely) trying to go on a run before they have to pay for their QB in 2020.

If Suh isn't getting what he wants on the market, the Rams can afford to give him a ton of money on a one year, and he'd absolutely destroy people in their defense.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Russ doesn't fear anyone, never has and never will. Bring it.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Russ doesn't fear anyone, never has and never will. Bring it.

So he bails early from the Pocket because he is fearless then........................

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• pittpnthrs wrote:If i'm the Rams, I would go all in. Why not? They are going to be in cap space hell in the next couple of years anyways. If Suh signed with them, I would sit Wilson for those 2 games if I was Seattle. He wouldnt survive that.

Sit Wilson. What a silly idea,Russell would have a good laugh at that one. :lol:
    beaumaris
    NET Bench Warmer

• No, because he's so used to nobody blocking for him, it's like a reflex for the guy.
    If you actually think he's afraid of anyone, that's pretty funny.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• pittpnthrs wrote:If i'm the Rams, I would go all in. Why not? They are going to be in cap space hell in the next couple of years anyways. If Suh signed with them, I would sit Wilson for those 2 games if I was Seattle. He wouldnt survive that.

Jesus.

What an asinine post.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:If i'm the Rams, I would go all in. Why not? They are going to be in cap space hell in the next couple of years anyways. If Suh signed with them, I would sit Wilson for those 2 games if I was Seattle. He wouldnt survive that.

Jesus.

What an asinine post.

I am pretty certain asinine posts make up about 95% of NET threads these days.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• chris98251 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Russ doesn't fear anyone, never has and never will. Bring it.

So he bails early from the Pocket because he is fearless then........................

He took Suh down on a shoestring tackle last year...so I agree, Russ isn't afraid. He bails from the pocket to extend the play and score, not because he's taking his ball and going home. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Sit the most important player because some guys might tackle him in a football game. Oh the horror :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Uncle Si wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:If i'm the Rams, I would go all in. Why not? They are going to be in cap space hell in the next couple of years anyways. If Suh signed with them, I would sit Wilson for those 2 games if I was Seattle. He wouldnt survive that.

Jesus.

What an asinine post.

Laziness can extract a high price. 20 seconds of homework over at OTC reveals that the Rams currently have the second most cap room for 2019 at approximately 100 million. That's a long way from cap hell. LOL

....... a stop gap rotational run stopping possibility. They're looking at options.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Good lord people. Why does everybody take everything so literally? It was a tongue in cheek statement meaning that our line is terrible and their defensive line with Suh and Donald would be formidable. They would tee off on Russ all day. Of course he wouldn't sit. it was in jest.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Good thing Russell isn't as thin skinned as fans on this board.
    Lighten up
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Easy tiger
    Hotchy
    NET Practice Squad

• Popeyejones wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:
    original poster wrote:Sounds like negotiation technique with Donald if you ask me.

^
    This.

I wouldn't be so sure. Even with all their shopping the Rams still have the 10th most cap space in the league left for this year (28 million), and the third most cap space in the league for 2019 (100 million).

They could sign Suh and franchise Donald next year and still be perfectly fine in terms of cap space for the next two years.

They have a lot of their own resigning to do obviously (Donald this year, Gurley next year, Goff the year after that), but I suspect they're also (wisely) trying to go on a run before they have to pay for their QB in 2020.

If Suh isn't getting what he wants on the market, the Rams can afford to give him a ton of money on a one year, and he'd absolutely destroy people in their defense.

Well, I sure hope that doesn't happen as it already is going to be really difficult playing them this year. Add Suh and doubt we even stand a chance at all.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Nah, they will get the split again w/the Clams.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Moving this to the NFL forum since we are talking about the Rams, Suh has not scheduled a visit and S-J signed with the Jags.

Please keep further discussion in this topic about Suh.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• There is alot of talk about suh possibly joining the rams. They are going to run wilson over next season if that happens.
    Last edited by RussB on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Nah, not gonna' happen.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• kf3339 wrote:Well, I sure hope that doesn't happen as it already is going to be really difficult playing them this year. Add Suh and doubt we even stand a chance at all.

Yeah. You and me both. If I'm betting, like you, I don't think it happens. I just think the interest *could be* sincere, as they could do it if they wanted to, and the way they've been wheeling and dealing really does make it look like they're trying to go on a two year run at things before they have to really pay Goff.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• I doubt the Seahawks were ever seriously in this conversation.

Is there any scrap of information the team ever made an offer to Suh, or that he was truly interested in playing here?
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Blitzer88 wrote:

Cablephobia, he doesn't want to be a Center.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Following dinner with coach Sean McVay and the Los Angeles Rams on Tuesday night, Suh was slated to fly up to Oakland to meet with the Raiders, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday. However, after the Rams reportedly "made a strong impression" on Suh, the three-time Pro Bowler put the kibosh on those plans.

Rapoport added that Suh is not expected to make a decision on Wednesday, but is considering signing with the Rams, New Orleans Saints or Tennessee Titans, the three organizations that hosted him over the last week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... turns-home

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• how did we officially fall out of the mix on this, was there not a visit scheduled?
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• flmmkrz wrote:how did we officially fall out of the mix on this, was there not a visit scheduled?

We were probably trying to play "Penny Ball" with him and he knew it. The Hawks are out of it. That is if we were ever really in it.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:
    flmmkrz wrote:how did we officially fall out of the mix on this, was there not a visit scheduled?

We were probably trying to play "Penny Ball" with him and he knew it. The Hawks are out of it. That is if we were ever really in it.

I'm gonna choke if we see another reasonable signing number...sheldon was well under what most had him going for and the team didn't even come close to offering him that...I can just imagine how off the mark they are with Suh but who knows maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. Saints got no money rams money is going to be eaten up quickly by next year and then extending goff, I can't see how they can lock him up for any signficant term so that leaves the titans and they're a middling team, cant see how hed be excited to play there.Hopefully he was just working owners for that free meal all week lol
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:

Cablephobia, he doesn't want to be a Center.

And I was thinking TE....I need to understand the Cabevell more?????
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• flmmkrz wrote:how did we officially fall out of the mix on this, was there not a visit scheduled?

Probably because the front office felt we didn't have the resources to make a competitive offer. :(
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

I don’t recall seeing anything about a visit being scheduled.

There was news of him being in Seattle, but those were because he has a house here I believe the reports said. Don’t remember seeing anything stating that the hawks had anything scheduled with him.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

• AF_BASS_MAN wrote:
    flmmkrz wrote:how did we officially fall out of the mix on this, was there not a visit scheduled?

I don’t recall seeing anything about a visit being scheduled.

There was news of him being in Seattle, but those were because he has a house here I believe the reports said. Don’t remember seeing anything stating that the hawks had anything scheduled with him.

on page 7 there's an article posted about the team and him setting up an official meet, they'd had a call between Suh and Pete already while he was in town but nothing official, that was supposedly in the works, no idea what happened.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• Ya I remember the phone call, but like everyone knows now after how Sherman was called by the Niners, the call is to set up the meetings.

Nothing about a meeting actually being scheduled, just that apparently the Hawks called Suh.

Which apparently Suh didn’t like enough in order to have dinner with PC over lol.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Rams_eat_QB's
    NET Bench Warmer

• Rams_eat_QB's wrote:Image

Donald will not step on the field this year without a back breaking multi-year contract from the Rams. He held out last year right up until week 1. No way he plays this year without getting paid. If they sign Suh before Donald that locker room will be in shambles. This is why its not happening. If it does it could be the downfall of a very young talented team. Having 30+ million tied up in 2 interior defenders a year is not smart cap management. Like others have said I'm all for the Rams doing it. They have to pay TG and Goff soon and will be in cap hell in the next 2 years closing their potential window.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• I've studied the Rams cap a little and can say with absolute certainly that will be far from in 'cap hell'.

They're actually looking to be in really good shape cap wise in terms of managing larger contracts coming off the books at the same time rookie second contracts are due.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Sounds like he’s signing there. Maybe by tomorrow according to guys on NFL Network
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• original poster wrote:I've studied the Rams cap a little and can say with absolute certainly that will be far from in 'cap hell'.

They're actually looking to be in really good shape cap wise in terms of managing larger contracts coming off the books at the same time rookie second contracts are due.

With some creativity I'm sure it could be done but Suh Donald Joyner Gurley Peters and Goff all within the next couple seasons and they won't have any cap issues? 3 of their 5 oline starts are all without contracts next year as well.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• flmmkrz wrote:
    original poster wrote:I've studied the Rams cap a little and can say with absolute certainly that will be far from in 'cap hell'.

With some creativity I'm sure it could be done but Suh Donald Joyner Gurley Peters and Goff all within the next couple seasons and they won't have any cap issues? 3 of their 5 oline starts are all without contracts next year as well.

Nope, they will be fine and I don't enjoy saying that.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• At this point if he doesn't sign with the Rams I'll be devastated.

The draft, Suh, Donald's extension will take up the rest of our cap this year - but I'm fine with that. The waiting on this is crazy.

Problem is that the Titans can easily pay him more than we can...and even though I don't consider them to be a contender, they did win a playoff game last year. Suh might see it differently.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• original poster wrote:
    flmmkrz wrote:
    original poster wrote:I've studied the Rams cap a little and can say with absolute certainly that will be far from in 'cap hell'.

Nope, they will be fine and I don't enjoy saying that.

It looks that way, but some Rams fans are a little disconcerted by the fact that we have had to use the franchise tag three years in a row. While Fisher and McVay is obviously a big difference, the rest of the FO is largely still intact. With the cap increases and guys constantly being the highest paid player at their position....for some reason we're struggling to re-sign guys.

Cousins contract will also hurt other teams. And I think the NBA salary cap explosion of a few years ago is an underrated part of this too - TONS of NFL players were blown away by the contracts for average NBA players.

It's because of this that I believe the Rams will have to pick two out of three of Donald/Gurley/Goff - Gurley is the obvious man out because of the Lev Bell situation. Whatever he ends up getting, Gurley will want more. If Bell hits the open market next year I think a team may pay him $20 million, and if that happens you will not have to deal with Todd Gurley on the Rams after we franchise him once or twice.

If we don't sign Suh, I would almost want to give Gurley a MONSTER contract that paid most of the money this year and next, along with Donald, so that their cap numbers come down a bit when Goff needs re-signed.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• If Suh signs with the Rams that DL is going to be scary great. No other way to look at it.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Ramfan128 wrote:At this point if he doesn't sign with the Rams I'll be devastated.

The draft, Suh, Donald's extension will take up the rest of our cap this year - but I'm fine with that. The waiting on this is crazy.

Problem is that the Titans can easily pay him more than we can...and even though I don't consider them to be a contender, they did win a playoff game last year. Suh might see it differently.

Suh doesn't give a good damn about a team being a contender. He's going after the money (Dolphins signing). If he was I'd still take Saints over Titans and Rams. I'm not sold on either of the other two QB's going deep into the playoffs.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

• Looks like the Jets are now offering Suh the most money.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:Looks like the Jets are now offering Suh the most money.

Good to see you posting here again!
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Looks like the Jets are now offering Suh the most money.

Good to see you posting here again!

:2thumbs:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• I would have thought he would want to be near the restaurant he owns in Miami...

UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:Looks like the Jets are now offering Suh the most money.

guess the jets became superbowl contenders when the offer went high enough. Wanting to play for a winner lol, back to chasing the big bucks it seems
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

• flmmkrz wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Looks like the Jets are now offering Suh the most money.

guess the jets became superbowl contenders when the offer went high enough. Wanting to play for a winner lol, back to chasing the big bucks it seems

Wasnt there a song about that.....I like big bucks I cannot lie?????
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information