Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Buffalo kicker sets NFL record.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Buffalo kicker sets NFL record.
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Buffalo kicker sets NFL record.
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:22 pm
  • But they really needed to spend that money on Michael Wilhoite. He's vital.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:58 pm
  • Hausch needed the change of scenery. He was not great for the Hawks last year.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 pm
  • Would have been nice to see a 50 plus filed goal tonight :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:40 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Hausch needed the change of scenery. He was not great for the Hawks last year.

Haush hit 90% last year and was 1-1 over 50 yards. His only problem was the missed extra points, but guess who else had that same issue?

Haush also made every FG attempt in the playoffs last season and has only ever missed once for his career in the playoffs.

Haush is proven to be clutch while Walsh a headcase.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:06 am
  • Im not saying trading him for Walsh was a good move. But, Haush has turned it around a lot since leaving. Credit to him.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:13 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Im not saying trading him for Walsh was a good move. But, Haush has turned it around a lot since leaving. Credit to him.

I think Haush's problem may have been the long snapper. If I recall we had some big issues with our long snapper after we let Gresham go.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 am
  • Hauschka had a pretty damn poor season last year and was an unrestricted free agent after the season. They didn't cut him, they just let him walk. I can't even imagine the meltdown we would have seen on this site if the Seahawks had given him a brand new 4 year $12.4 million deal (which is what the Bills gave him) after the year he had.

It's nice for Hausch that he's having a bounce back year, but people here would be crucifying Pete and John if they had brought him back and he had another year like last year. I really don't see how anyone can blame them for letting him walk. Especially at that price.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 am
  • massari wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Hausch needed the change of scenery. He was not great for the Hawks last year.

Haush hit 90% last year and was 1-1 over 50 yards. His only problem was the missed extra points, but guess who else had that same issue?

Haush also made every FG attempt in the playoffs last season and has only ever missed once for his career in the playoffs.

Hausch missed 6 extra points last season and 2 FGs of under 30 yards and you think the Seahawks should have given him a nice new contract? Sorry, I'm calling BS. Maybe you think that now, but I'd bet money that you would have been one of the people here calling for heads to roll if they had given him a new contract in the off season after the year he had.

Oh, and blaming the long snapper is a joke. The vast majority of his snaps were perfectly fine. Gresham wasn't perfect either.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 am
  • Chapow wrote:
    massari wrote:Haush hit 90% last year and was 1-1 over 50 yards. His only problem was the missed extra points, but guess who else had that same issue?

Hausch missed 6 extra points last season and 2 FGs of under 30 yards and you think the Seahawks should have given him a nice new contract? Sorry, I'm calling BS. Maybe you think that now, but I'd bet money that you would have been one of the people here calling for heads to roll if they had given him a new contract in the off season after the year he had.

Bullocks! Haush only has an average cap hit of $2.95M per season over 3 years and only $4M guaranteed. That's a pretty fair contract for a proven clutch kicker. Blair Walsh has a $1.1M cap hit this season. Stephen Gostkowski has an average cap hit of $4.3M with $10.1M guaranteed.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:49 am
  • Have we had any problems with the longsnapper this year (besides him not being able to block a great DT, which I do not blame him for AT ALL)? Since Nolan Frese left, it seems like Ott has been solid at the position. I think that with Ott being as consistent as he is, Hasuchka could've returned to his pre-2016 form. Oh well :/
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:24 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    massari wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Hausch needed the change of scenery. He was not great for the Hawks last year.

Oh, and blaming the long snapper is a joke. The vast majority of his snaps were perfectly fine. Gresham wasn't perfect either.

Nolan Frese was routinely getting knocked on his ass while blocking and did indeed have a few errant snaps. He was worse than either Gresham or Ott.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    massari wrote:

Nolan Frese was routinely getting knocked on his ass while blocking and did indeed have a few errant snaps. He was worse than either Gresham or Ott.

Like I said, the vast majority of his snaps were perfectly fine. Hausch was getting kicks blocked because the trajectory of the ball was too low. That isn't the long snappers fault, that's the kickers fault. That happened several times on extra point attempts. The trajectory of the ball should never, ever be low enough to be blocked when you are that close. Do you guys seriously not remember this stuff?

As I said earlier, if they had given Hausch a nice new contract for $3 million a year after last season and he continued to struggle with short kicks like he did last year, people would be calling for heads to roll for that decision too.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:22 pm
  • I’m gunna blame the fact we let Gresham go! Lol Ott plus Houschka = Missed Fgs
    Ott plus Walsh = Missed FG and a Missed block on a FG fake.. lol
    /S
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:16 pm
  • It is really hard (impossible) to say how good the snapper is without knowing the speed of the football. If the snapper is slower in his mechanics and less strength then the defenders gets closer and it looks like low trajectory on the kicker.

Not saying hat happened but we have no way of saying if it did or did not
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:34 pm
  • He broke Blair Walsh's record. Ha!

Walsh needs to see a psychiatrist to resolve his foot "yips." He used to be a really good kicker. Now whenever it gets wet, he either can't kick straight or he is kicking too softly to make sure it's straight (that was Walsh's explanation for the recent miss).

Anyway, congrats to Hauschka. He's a really good guy who deserves all the success he has achieved.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:08 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Hausch needed the change of scenery. He was not great for the Hawks last year.

We often see players that were released play well in their new homes. I think there is definitely something to a change of scenery and how it impacts player performance
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:39 pm
  • MrThortan wrote:

We often see players that were released play well in their new homes. I think there is definitely something to a change of scenery and how it impacts player performance

Wish that scenario was the same for Walsh...
    rcaido
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:23 pm
  • Chapow wrote:

Whatever you think of Hausch Money, he's still better than Walsh.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information