Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Austin Pasztor: Offensive Line options after missing Lang

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Missing out on TJ Lang is a bummer but we need to keep an open mind. Super Bowl champs aren't crowned in March. Gotta keep pushing. So, what tackles and guards are left that might fit?

Austin Pasztor - Played right tackle last year for the Browns, and is a serviceable blocker. Only 26 years old. Seems like an upgrade to Gilliam for the offense we want to run. Number 67 in video below:

Add a few possibilities. What do you think?
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

• I don't know much about him, but he's young and looks like he has some talent and decent feet to him. He doesn't seem to let anyone get to him, using his arms well. The sacks given up to Bosa seemed mostly on RG3, and not predominantly Pasztor's fault.

Let's start kicking some tires...after all, anything is better than Gilliam, at this point.

I'm still interested in looking at Schwenke (OG/OC), as well.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

• Bring in Pasztor, Lelito, Cooper, etc.
    See what sticks.
    Hendo66
    NET Veteran

• As I said in the main forum, making a competitive offer to Andrew Norwell sitting on his 2nd Round tender would create all kind of levels of intrigue and discussion on multiple fronts, but it's a possibility.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

• ctrcat wrote:As I said in the main forum, making a competitive offer to Andrew Norwell sitting on his 2nd Round tender would create all kind of levels of intrigue and discussion on multiple fronts, but it's a possibility.

If he has a pulse and plays Oline in the NFL you might as well start a thread for him
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• i would be happy with a pylon replacing gilliam at this point.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    ctrcat wrote:As I said in the main forum, making a competitive offer to Andrew Norwell sitting on his 2nd Round tender would create all kind of levels of intrigue and discussion on multiple fronts, but it's a possibility.

If he has a pulse and plays Oline in the NFL you might as well start a thread for him

Ha. OK I will.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

• I like Pasztor on the cheap I think it just depends on what there plans are with Joeckel? My guess is he's playing right tackle and if that's the case then Pasztor doesn't make much sense.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• I think Luke Joeckel is going to play LG and Glow moves back to RG. Glow is a better run blocked than he is a pass blocker.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

• I originally posted this to start talking about alternatives to Lane and not just Pasztor, but...
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

• Pasztor wanted 7 per year, probably more now.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Interesting that Pasztor's still available, with Gilliam gone I wouldn'the mind signing him to a one year prove it deal and let him compete at RT.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information