I was actually kinda pulling for Manziel.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • after the 'money phone' bit no thanks. I feel dumb now.

warning, NSFW language in the video. Yes I realize it's Bleacher Report but the article/site isn't important, it's the vine/video that is embarassing...uh.."bros".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2098 ... this-paper
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• never seen a player, thats not even the consensus starter, and chosen in the last half of the 1st round, act like hes the next coming. He seems to think the was chosen #1 overall.
    Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• I saw the video on cbs sports website earlier. Just looks like a young kid having some fun with his buddies. I don't really care about it one way or the other. I just think it's funny that it seems to be a stack of ones. Even as thick as that stack is, that's not THAT much money if it's all one dollar bills
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Thats the funny part. Its a stack of dolla dolla bills yall. Im sure it was in jest the fact thst it was $1 bills. Its a 21 year old having a good time. Whats with the get off my lawn attitude.

Apparently no one has seen Mayweather 24/7 leading up to one of hid fights? Its a mimic of exactly that.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Everyone dissing on Manziel wishes they could be him. Its not like he is showing disrespect to other players or committing any crimes. Dude is just trying to enjoy life and unless this interferes with his work obligations, I don't have a problem with it.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• JZ#1 wrote:Everyone dissing on Manziel wishes they could be him. Its not like he is showing disrespect to other players or committing any crimes. Dude is just trying to enjoy life and unless this interferes with his work obligations, I don't have a problem with it.

Believe it or not, there are people who want no part of the life JFF has. I enjoyed watching him play QB in college. I'm curious to see if it translates to the pro's. I want nothing to do with his lifestyle.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• JZ#1 wrote:Everyone dissing on Manziel wishes they could be him. Its not like he is showing disrespect to other players or committing any crimes. Dude is just trying to enjoy life and unless this interferes with his work obligations, I don't have a problem with it.

Oh looky! A diversion post.

It isn't like Manziel is pretending to be something he isn't. Now that would be low.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    JZ#1 wrote:Everyone dissing on Manziel wishes they could be him. Its not like he is showing disrespect to other players or committing any crimes. Dude is just trying to enjoy life and unless this interferes with his work obligations, I don't have a problem with it.

It isn't like Manziel is pretending to be something he isn't. Now that would be low.

Except, I am not. Stop trolling me and get a life.
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

Of course You don't.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:
    JZ#1 wrote:Everyone dissing on Manziel wishes they could be him. Its not like he is showing disrespect to other players or committing any crimes. Dude is just trying to enjoy life and unless this interferes with his work obligations, I don't have a problem with it.

Of course You don't.

Would you be happy if your employer and the entire world concerned themselves with what non-illegal activities you did on the weekend? Its his life, he isn't harming someone, football players should ultimately be judged on the field (with the only exception being illegal activity).
    JZ#1
    NET Rookie

• I don't see the big deal, let that young man have his fun. If he delivers in the NFL and is able to do this I don't see the big deal.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Money Mayweather is laughing at that clown flashing $1 bills.
    :49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

• I still am pulling for him because I like watching all the stodgy old dudes out there get all up in arms whenever Manziel acts like Maverick from Top Gun.

In fact, short, douchey, and with a tendency to make unorthodox decisions, but a natural at his job - Johnny Manziel IS Maverick! I wonder who his Goose is? Oh, yeah, Brian Hoyer's still on the team. He'd be it!
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• I want the little dude to kick ass. Antics are of no consequence unless he fails to produce.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• How do I attach "view topic" from one of my previous topics?
    LOVE, LOYALTY, RESPECT & HONOR
    GLOCKHAWK
    NET Rookie

• Smelly McUgly wrote:I still am pulling for him because I like watching all the stodgy old dudes out there get all up in arms whenever Manziel acts like Maverick from Top Gun.

In fact, short, douchey, and with a tendency to make unorthodox decisions, but a natural at his job - Johnny Manziel IS Maverick! I wonder who his Goose is? Oh, yeah, Brian Hoyer's still on the team. He'd be it!

Damn.... Destined to die in an explosive exit......
    Watching Beast Mode run the ball.
    Catching a Bo Jackson baseball. Kingdome, centerfield, over the cannon.
    Jim Presley with a full count, 2 out, down by 3, bottom of the 9th Grand Slam.

My favorite all time sports memory
    "The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!"
    JaiSeaSea
    NET Rookie

• Jerry Jones passed on him. That should tell you all you need to know.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

• NoChops wrote:Jerry Jones passed on him. That should tell you all you need to know.

That could be because he has 1/2 of a jumbotron invested in Chokemo.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JZ#1 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:

Except, I am not. Stop trolling me and get a life.

I haven't even begun to troll your posts, which carry the integrity of a gnat. Not a single point you try to make or share means squat coming from a FauxTroll like you. Nobody cares what you have to say about Manziel or anything else, everyone that is paying attention knows you have been exposed as a Niner fan.

Yet you continue to believe that the members here are stupid enough to think otherwise if you just keep posting about other stuff. Every post you make is just another pointless attempt to divert the attention you have received as a NinaTroll.

I will quit reminding everyone what you are when you either admit your Ninerness or register with a different name.

Why don't you post another copy of the birth certificate that somehow proves your status as a Seahawks fan that is here to defend against bias towards the Niners and quit with the Manziel talk?

Don't believe ANYTHING this lying sack of Niner has to say. Whether it is about Manziel or the Mariners. You could make 5000 posts about Manziel and you would still be a Niner fan pretending to be a Seahawks fan.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• He is a little douchey like Kaepernick, but it doens't really bother me. Que sera sera.

Ray Lewis can be a part of a murder and be revered. Strange world.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Cartire wrote:never seen a player, thats not even the consensus starter, and chosen in the last half of the 1st round, act like hes the next coming. He seems to think the was chosen #1 overall.

There is a reason I said he has bust written all over him. It has nothing to do with his physical tools.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• NoChops wrote:Jerry Jones passed on him. That should tell you all you need to know.

Only because the rest of his war room somehow convinced him not to.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• JZ#1 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Of course You don't.

Would you be happy if your employer and the entire world concerned themselves with what non-illegal activities you did on the weekend? Its his life, he isn't harming someone, football players should ultimately be judged on the field (with the only exception being illegal activity).

My employer fully expects me to maintain a certain level of professionalism even when I'm off duty.
    I have an obligation to keep the public trust, even in my personal life.
    There are many professions that require you to live within certain bounds and not cross the lines of others.
    IMHO an athlete that's getting paid the "big bucks" falls into one of those professions.
    The dudes a grown man ( well kinda) and can do what he wants.
    His life style reflects his dedication to his craft and I think that's what I question. His dedication.
    I liken it to the guy that eats nothing but junk food and tons of it but never gains any weight. JM may be able to burn the candle at both ends and still perform at the highest level. If he does he will be one of the few.
    I don't see it happening though, and it's too bad. He has potential.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• MizzouHawkGal wrote:
    Cartire wrote:never seen a player, thats not even the consensus starter, and chosen in the last half of the 1st round, act like hes the next coming. He seems to think the was chosen #1 overall.

There is a reason I said he has bust written all over him. It has nothing to do with his physical tools.

Ill be honest, my biggest distaste for him isnt even his fault. The guy is the media darling this year. They've choose one every year. And it becomes a love/hate story with any one person regardless of merit, or earnest. The man was intriguing in college. He had some new moves. Or if not new, reinforced the new style QB.

But at this point, he is no more successful then any other rookie that was signed. And lets be honest, there were 20 other teams, Bottom feeding teams, that passed on him. He may be great. But its his media darling bit, thats not his fault, that annoys the f out of me.
    Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• He'll be out of the league in a 3-5 years. He won't play after 3 years. The adult is still behaving like a child. He does need a positive mentor in his life. Million dollar gifts 10 cent head.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• I've had 0 issues with him till the bad money phone bit. Its one thing to have dun with your douchey pals, another to have the terrible lack of judgment and respect for your employer to record it and willfully put it out there for people to see. There's nothing funny or entertaining about it. It basically in in short clip exemplifies everything any of his detractors have had to say about him.

its not the act or the attitude. Its then having the stupidity to put it out there for the world to see. Its one thing to be yourself and have a good time and not worry about what people think. Quite another to act like a complete jackass and put it out there.

Dude is not very bright. Hell of a player. But a total bimbo.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Hawknballs wrote:I've had 0 issues with him till the bad money phone bit. Its one thing to have dun with your douchey pals, another to have the terrible lack of judgment and respect for your employer to record it and willfully put it out there for people to see. There's nothing funny or entertaining about it. It basically in in short clip exemplifies everything any of his detractors have had to say about him.

its not the act or the attitude. Its then having the stupidity to put it out there for the world to see. Its one thing to be yourself and have a good time and not worry about what people think. Quite another to act like a complete jackass and put it out there.

Dude is not very bright. Hell of a player. But a total bimbo.

You do realize he is basically mocking Floyd Mayweather and its all in fun? The funniest part is he uses $1 bills.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• If his coaches and teammates have no problem with it, it's not a problem and just something for the media to waste time talking about now that Marshawn Lynch actually showed up to minicamp.

If his coaches and/or teammates are getting tired of him doing this kind of thing, however, then it is a problem.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• not bothered by the video or not, the fact remains that this kid is a friggin' douchebag.

He's a spoiled little rich boy that has probably never heard the word "no."
    youngchew
    NET Practice Squad

• I never would have taken him in the first round.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• He's a punk and will fail because of it. All that talent and he's about to blow it all on partying.

Makes you appreciate Russell "The Robot" Wilson huh?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• I posted this on May 9th: TITLE: (I WEEP FOR THE BROWNS)! Since I have NO .net skills, I don't understand how to link my ORIGNAL post to this one. Any advice would be great. P.S. Much love for CARTIRE for trying!
    GLOCKHAWK
    NET Rookie

• Most likely, Manziel is going to excel and make a lot of people look dumb for doubting him over his antics and unconventional ways. If anyone is curious about Pete Carroll's opinion, he thinks Manziel will be a terrific QB and says people should be more open-minded about his unique qualities and personality traits. But hey, what does Pete Carroll know anyway.

Of course, if Manziel DOES fail, and even the best can fail, then he's going to accompany Ryan Leaf in the NFL draft bust lexicon. All the crazy stuff he's done is going to fit very nicely on an epitaph.

I think he knows that, he's a bright guy. That he does all this stuff anyway and effectively "doubles down" I think shows just how confident he is. Too confident? Probably. But I'd rather have a QB who is too confident than one who doubts himself.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• ^ I'm with Kearly.

To a lot of the naysayers in here...I guess you've never partied hard for a weekend then gone to work on Monday and actually done your job well?
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• kearly wrote:Most likely, Manziel is going to excel and make a lot of people look dumb for doubting him over his antics and unconventional ways. If anyone is curious about Pete Carroll's opinion, he thinks Manziel will be a terrific QB and says people should be more open-minded about his unique qualities and personality traits. But hey, what does Pete Carroll know anyway.

Of course, if Manziel DOES fail, and even the best can fail, then he's going to accompany Ryan Leaf in the NFL draft bust lexicon. All the crazy stuff he's done is going to fit very nicely on an epitaph.

I think he knows that, he's a bright guy. That he does all this stuff anyway and effectively "doubles down" I think shows just how confident he is. Too confident? Probably. But I'd rather have a QB who is too confident than one who doubts himself.

Gonna have to disagree with you big time. Most likely he will fail and fail badly. The guy has outstanding natural ability. His immaturity is what is going to make him fail. He is going to hit hard times in the NFL and unless he has some outstanding support and people around him to get his head on straight i.e a Pete Carrol, he is going to be Ryan Leaf.

I hope he realizes that the his natural ability will get him no where in the NFL and he does turn into an exciting player but I would not hold my breath.
    "If we lose ... this place will be a Carnival of Stupidity." FlyingGreg
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• Manzeil as Maverick from Top Gun? LOL!
    He's more like Marshall Mathers the SNL version.
    Annoyingly douchey and seems to pout when he's not playing well. No doubt he has talent to make plays but much of his ability and decision making is the same qualities that make him a detriment to his team. Yes even RW had to be tamed before he looked like a franchise qb. However RW is uniquely disciplined and puts great effort into his craft and position as a leader.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• He's no Russell Wilson he doesn't have the speed to make the kind of plays he did in college in the NFL . This looks like Colt McCoy part 2. It will be entertaining to see him get the snot knocked out of him in the NFL.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• This dude has "BUST" written all over him! Good luck Cleveland.
    ATTACHMENTS
    the-16-most-outrageous-things-johnny-football-did-this-offseason.jpg
    nfl.jpg

Since I have no idea how to link my topics to someone else....this is all have.
    GLOCKHAWK
    NET Rookie

• I can't help wondering if the people saying Johnny should be allowed to have fun said the same thing when Matt Leinart had pictures posted of him partying (in private, at his own house).

To me, Matt was showing he needed to grow up a bit. I think the same of Johnny. Matt didn't have the physical tools Johnny does. He also ended up with a coach who didn't really want him, and whose offense wasn't a very good fit. If Johnny is lucky, his coach will work with him and be patient while Johnny matures. If not, he could be in trouble.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• General Manager wrote:He's no Russell Wilson he doesn't have the speed to make the kind of plays he did in college in the NFL . This looks like Colt McCoy part 2. It will be entertaining to see him get the snot knocked out of him in the NFL.

You really need to change your handle with insight like that.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• No honestly, this time they got it guys....

2013 Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
    2012 Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
    2011 Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
    2010 Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
    2009 Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
    2008 Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
    2007 Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
    2006 Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
    2005 Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
    2004 Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown (4)
    2003 Kelly Holcomb (8) / Tim Couch (8)
    2002 Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
    2001 Tim Couch (16)
    2000 Doug Pederson (8) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
    1999 Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    General Manager wrote:He's no Russell Wilson he doesn't have the speed to make the kind of plays he did in college in the NFL . This looks like Colt McCoy part 2. It will be entertaining to see him get the snot knocked out of him in the NFL.

I see you bought into the hype well good luck with Manziel becoming a great QB it's not impossible I guess but I wouldn't count on it.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• General Manager wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    General Manager wrote:He's no Russell Wilson he doesn't have the speed to make the kind of plays he did in college in the NFL . This looks like Colt McCoy part 2. It will be entertaining to see him get the snot knocked out of him in the NFL.

I see you bought into the hype well good luck with Manziel becoming a great QB it's not impossible I guess but I wouldn't count on it.

I dont need to buy hype to see the difference between he and Colt McCoy.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information