In memoriam for Les/Radish in program guide @ game Sunday.

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
  • I believe that this is the game where the Seahawks were going to have a "in memoriam" in the program guide at the game Sunday against the Rams. I would have to find the old post where we talked about this but the Seahawks said it would be in the last regular home game of the year and this is it. I'm going to check the copy before I buy it just to make sure his name is in it but I'm pretty sure it will be in there. They did say they would also mail me a copy but will make sure his family gets one. I guess the Mods can check the posts about Les after he passed away, the ones that got the sticky. Miss ya Les! :les:
    i5roadrunner
    NET Starter

• Thanks for the "heads up". I plan to be there and to buy a program. Les was a swell guy!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• If you could...get me one too...I lost a friend today,....Peace is our profession,,
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    "Unfortunately, common sense is the least common of all the senses..." - Mark Twain
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• A proper and fitting tribute...If someone can post pics that would be awesome :thirishdrinkers:
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• I did buy a copy at the game today and his name was in there so if someone can PM me and get me the address for his family or if someone wants me to mail it to them so they can scan it then mail it to them that would be fine but his family gets a copy one way or the other. The Seahawks also said they were going to mail me a copy but I bought one just in case. I would scan it and post here but don't have that option. :les:
    i5roadrunner
    NET Starter

• Scan a copy and then maybe the mods can have it permanently stickied in his forum? Also, can you post a pic in this thread?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• I like this idea. ^
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• i5roadrunner wrote:I did buy a copy at the game today and his name was in there so if someone can PM me and get me the address for his family or if someone wants me to mail it to them so they can scan it then mail it to them that would be fine but his family gets a copy one way or the other. The Seahawks also said they were going to mail me a copy but I bought one just in case. I would scan it and post here but don't have that option. :les:

Check your PMs. Upper left corner or is that the right? Hee hee .. :les:
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Oh man I wish I would have seen this thread before today. I would have picked up a few programs. Dang it!

IGNORE THE NOISE!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Oh man I wish I would have seen this thread before today. I would have picked up a few programs. Dang it!

I wonder what they do with all of the copies of those and how long they hang on to them?
    i5roadrunner
    NET Starter

• Going to mail the program guide to drdiags tomorrow and he can see that it get's to his family as well as posting something on the forum. Thank's for your help! We wont forget you Les! :les:
    i5roadrunner
    NET Starter

• Here are a couple ways to view this. Let me know if I need to do better with the cropping or what have you:

I guess the image is too big to embed. I will zoom it and add it to this post.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Nice and respectful.

I wonder if "Richard Shermann" is a real person who passed away or a bad joke from a 49ers fan?
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Les "Radish" Norton, third column about half way down for those looking.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Here is the same image zoomed in:

And copied directly from my PC (looks like this wants to clip off part):
    Attachments
    Tribute-to-Les-PithyRadish-Norton-zoom-in.jpg
    Tribute-to-Les-PithyRadish-Norton-zoom-in.jpg (232.25 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Classy thing to do from a classy organization. As for Les, he is definitely missed, especially around these parts.
    ImageImage

Bevell: The world will never stop laughing
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I just e-mailed Darlene to get an address to send the original. In case she isn't monitoring that e-mail maybe Hawkstorian or Mark can get me an address I can use to ship the original to her family to insure they get a hard copy?

If I don't get an address I will send the original back to i5roadrunner.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Thanks for posting the scans for those of us that didn't have access to a program. Nice to see Les's name in there.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• That's Awesome! Thanks for getting it done.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Thanks, way cool you did this for our friend. :th2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Same line as the Radish....Mike Stuckel. My classmate's husband. RIP.
    "Unfortunately, common sense is the least common of all the senses..." - Mark Twain
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Were there limits put on this photo? I am trying to copy it and send it to my friend and cant.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Its sad to see all 80 names on that list.
    Bigbadhawk
    NET Starter

• That is awesome.

:141847_bnono:
    < "The Seahawks Drafted Aliens"
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:Were there limits put on this photo? I am trying to copy it and send it to my friend and cant.

Not that I was aware of. Maybe Photo bucket did? I tried to attach the full-size image directly but it was a little larger than the 250K size limit. I will give it another shot and see if copying it directly allows you to copy it.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I can't test if it is an ownership issue or not, since right-clicking it works for me. I will put a copy on dropbox. You should be able to copy from there with no issue. Back in a second.....

EDIT2: Try this image, made it a PNG in the hopes the resolution improves (definitely a larger image size of 3.5MB):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j24j06pvdv464 ... n.png?dl=0
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:Were there limits put on this photo? I am trying to copy it and send it to my friend and cant.

Not that I was aware of. Maybe Photo bucket did? I tried to attach the full-size image directly but it was a little larger than the 250K size limit. I will give it another shot and see if copying it directly allows you to copy it.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I can't test if it is an ownership issue or not, since right-clicking it works for me. I will put a copy on dropbox. You should be able to copy from there with no issue. Back in a second.....

EDIT2: Try this image, made it a PNG in the hopes the resolution improves (definitely a larger image size of 3.5MB):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j24j06pvdv464 ... n.png?dl=0

Thanks Doc. That worked out just fine. Mike Stuckel is the Gentleman that was given tix to see the Seahawks by the organization last year. I did push this thread to my classmate and she and child did like it. Go Hawks.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:Thanks Doc. That worked out just fine. Mike Stuckel is the Gentleman that was given tix to see the Seahawks by the organization last year. I did push this thread to my classmate and she and child did like it. Go Hawks.

Glad it worked out.

Mike was the guy who had a week or less around the time of the playoffs, right? Glad his family was able to celebrate with him toward the end.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:Thanks Doc. That worked out just fine. Mike Stuckel is the Gentleman that was given tix to see the Seahawks by the organization last year. I did push this thread to my classmate and she and child did like it. Go Hawks.

Glad it worked out.

Mike was the guy who had a week or less around the time of the playoffs, right? Glad his family was able to celebrate with him toward the end.

No. That was a different friend that just passed away. Mike passed on about 2-3 months ago. Thanks man.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Just got this response from Darlene when I told her about the program i5roadrunner provided

Hello James,

[..snip..]

How about those Seahawks!!! (quote from Les)

I am going to send your email to my daughters and son, they will all love it.

I can’t thank you enough for what you have done.

Sent with Love,
    Darlene

Here was my original e-mail to her and her family

Hi Darlene,

I met you and Les several years ago when me and my son, a tall fellow around 6’11”, crossed paths with you both leaving Temple at the Rams Game.

As you know, Les was well loved by his friends at Seahawks.net and they wanted a way to honor and pay tribute to his memory. They had requested the Seahawks to list him in memory on the Fan Appreciation day program. The Seahawks said they would and they did. A fellow fan, Matt Daniel got a copy of the program and had me scan it prior to sending it on to you.

Attached are those scans but I would also like to send you the actual program that he bought for your family. If you don’t mind, could you send me an address I can ship the program to? Thanks and hope you and the family are doing well this Holiday season.

Sincerely,
    James Clough (aka Dr Diags or Morgan Freeman as many liken my appearance to).

drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Awesome. I got a response from my friend too.

"Thank you Dennis how thoughtful of you!! Wow you'll never know how thrilled I was to see that!! Tears!! Mike Stuckel was indeed a loyal # 12 THANK YOU!!"

I linked the In Memoriam Post to her facebook page.

I do not know how her husband got placed in the book...but I am happy they were able to.
    Thanks for this post.
    Go Hawks.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• So glad that everything worked out. We will miss our friends and think of them whenever we watch the Seahawks as they would do for us. :icon_new:
    i5roadrunner
    NET Starter

• My brother is on that list. We lost him unexpectedly at age 37.

If you could send me a copy of those images, I'd appreciate it. The Seahawks sent me a couple of programs in the mail, and I tried scanning that page, but it's difficult due to the gutter.
    Cad
    NET Bench Warmer

• Cad wrote:My brother is on that list. We lost him unexpectedly at age 37.

If you could send me a copy of those images, I'd appreciate it. The Seahawks sent me a couple of programs in the mail, and I tried scanning that page, but it's difficult due to the gutter.

The link to the full page scan is a couple posts up. I don't have the program anymore so hopefully the image saved on the dropbox link is good enough. Anyone should be able to download it. Not sure why you cannot right-click the images posted in the other posts, I cannot help you there.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I have not been on this site in ages, I am just now hearing abou Les's departure. The last conversation I had here was with Les, what a kind and genuine person he was. He showed me how to not be so serious and never to be afraid to poke fun at ones self and be the ultimate 12. I send my condolnces to Mrs. Radish and I will never forget the impact he had and taught me about the Hawks over an internet forum at that! MY condolences to Mrs. Radish...
    "And, the Cards are farts or worse" -Les
    Rip you "Pilthy" Radish
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

• I forgot we also lost Herman Sarkowsky late in the year...... :(
    BoatsAndHose
    NET Practice Squad

• Here is a response from Darlene that I wanted to share, since it is a message to the entire board

Dearest James,

I received the game day program today. Thank you so much. You are so kind.

It is nice to know that people think of Les and myself and we are not forgotten. It makes me tear up.

I hope that we can meet again someday.

I am excited about the Seahawks doing so well. I really hope they can take the Super Bowl a 2nd year in a row.
    Please tell Matt Daniel thank you for me.

With much heart felt thanks,

Darlene

drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:Here is a response from Darlene that I wanted to share, since it is a message to the entire board

Dearest James,

I received the game day program today. Thank you so much. You are so kind.

It is nice to know that people think of Les and myself and we are not forgotten. It makes me tear up.

I hope that we can meet again someday.

I am excited about the Seahawks doing so well. I really hope they can take the Super Bowl a 2nd year in a row.
    Please tell Matt Daniel thank you for me.

With much heart felt thanks,

Darlene

Thank you for getting that to her, James. And thank you to the Seahawks.
    i5roadrunner
    NET Starter

• Cad wrote:My brother is on that list. We lost him unexpectedly at age 37.

So sorry for your loss.
    39 Club established 1976
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• It still feels strange to not have Les to talk to when I come here. He was such an integral part of this site, and he was the type of guy that once a friend, was a friend for life, through thick and thin. I'm so gllad that the Seahawks did this for him and the other twelves we lost this past year.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Tue May 26, 2015 10:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information