New Seahawks Uni in 2012

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
Re: More uni info......(sort of)
Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:58 pm
  • Anyone who thought that switching to Nike meant crazy insane-o Oregon style uni's clearly doesn't understand how the NFL works. It's a league that's made it's way based off history, long time fans, and identifiable team brands. It's not a university trying to entice 17 year old's to come play in it's super cool looking duds.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:55 pm
  • Aaaand here's another article, published today, regarding this very topic. With a quote specifically about us, no less.

The Seahawks were the first team to hold discussions with Nike. Team president Peter McLoughlin said last summer that the Seahawks will be making innovative uniform changes for 2012.

Again, could be material change, but who knows? We don't have the hundred year history to defend like some of these other hideous teams (photo-realistic Bears logo, semi-offensive Redskins logo, the Browns). We could be one of those teams willing to go further than others.

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/busi ... hange.html
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:58 pm
  • Aros wrote:Image

Todd, a GREEN outline to the numbers would make these uni's POP !!??
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:02 pm
  • SuperHawks wrote:
    Aros wrote:Image

FANTASTIC! As long as we kill the current color scheme I'll be happy with anything, especially with silver helmets and pants. You should pitch this to Nike and the Hawks!

Take out the green and the Seahawk sleeve and you have a winner.
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:10 pm
  • Sturm wrote:
    SuperHawks wrote:
    Aros wrote:Image

FANTASTIC! As long as we kill the current color scheme I'll be happy with anything, especially with silver helmets and pants. You should pitch this to Nike and the Hawks!

Take out the green and the Seahawk sleeve and you have a winner.

IMO
    Cowpokes with a bird on the helmet ??
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:14 pm
  • To supplement my previous post, here's the interview with Peter McLoughlin that articles keep quoting. He confirms that the logo will remain the same, but doesn't comment on (avoids?) the colors, and confirms that a lot of what we're calling jersey technology--materials and such--will change.

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/player/?p ... ra=podcast
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:18 pm
  • Regarding the logo, and a switch from the Native American angle. How about a real artist coming up with a menacing looking Hawk. Shouldn't be that difficult.

Why does the logo have to look like a totem pole creature?
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:50 pm
  • I love the Seahawk logo. It's truly unique in an NFL where half the teams it seems are named after birds. It speaks to the region's heritage and history and has enough attitude to get the point across. I actually prefer the original logo for its authentic design. Why do we need to look like every other team with a bird for a mascot?
    NCHawk76
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:00 pm
  • Yeah I'd hate it if they went farther away from the original logo. Like NCHawk said, its original and has meaning.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:08 pm
  • If our logo was largely unpopular with the fans, or just a weird/bad logo (like old Tampa/NE/Denver), I could see making a major adjustment during this redesign. But, I'd wager that our logo is pretty popular among Seahawks fans. I'm not going to make a poll or anything, but I bet 80% of fans like the helmet logo how it is, and wouldn't prefer any major change.

I freakin love uniform threads, btw. I need to set up my phone to remind me every time there's a new post in this thread.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:54 pm
  • Seahawks Logo Design - Case Study

Influences

Although, stated as indigenous to NW coastal indian art, some elements of the design seem to be borrowed from other artistic forms. One notable area seems to be in the eye/brow region. Although, you could make a case that certain lines resemble the Kwakiutl/Haida in expression; i.e. round pupil, curved brow and socket region. Its does seem, however, that these lines more closely resemble elements of the 'Sky God' Eye of Horus. Not surprising since this is a powerful and popular symbol derived from the Egyptian hieroglyphs to represent their Falcon. Most other areas of the logo resemble more closely to the Haida form, however, loose in it's interpretation. The Osprey is linked firmly to the design due to the indigenous moniker; 'Seahawk', as well as, in image via the auricular feathers (covering the ear) with it's bold horizontal lines. The aquiline beak portion of the design is clearly Haida Eagle in form.

http://www.greenglare.com/seahawks_logo_design.html
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:17 pm
  • I don't know, but this is a cool arse picture.

vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:24 pm
  • ^So it THIS!

WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:34 pm
  • Can I on record regarding our new uniforms? A little birdie on the inside gave me the scoops. I don't usually post, so I hope some of you would take this post with some seriousness. And then reference it later to hold me to it...

So I heard that our new uniforms will be a darker blue than what we currently have. Perhaps a more imposing look. As far as "design" wise, think of a mix between Boise's & Oregon's jerseys. The helmets are new too. They're that "flat" color (or is matte the term) like some of the Oregon/Oregon State helmets were. There is also an Oregon-like logo that comes over the top of the helmet. The Seahawk logo has a small change also, but not sure what it is. There is also a new (third) alternate uniform to go with our new uniforms, but not neon green like those 09 ones.

From what I was told, our uniforms will probably have the most dramatic changes out of the entire league. We were Nike's guinea pigs.

Believe me or not, it's up to you. I usually just read posts on here because I don't have anything to offer. But finally I have something to put out there. I may not post again for along time, but hopefully you all remember me as the one who was right about our new uniforms.

Hold me to this post! :)
    Wolfepack
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:02 pm
  • and where did u hear that from?
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:18 pm
  • Wolfepack wrote:Can I on record regarding our new uniforms? A little birdie on the inside gave me the scoops. I don't usually post, so I hope some of you would take this post with some seriousness. And then reference it later to hold me to it...

So I heard that our new uniforms will be a darker blue than what we currently have. Perhaps a more imposing look. As far as "design" wise, think of a mix between Boise's & Oregon's jerseys. The helmets are new too. They're that "flat" color (or is matte the term) like some of the Oregon/Oregon State helmets were. There is also an Oregon-like logo that comes over the top of the helmet. The Seahawk logo has a small change also, but not sure what it is. There is also a new (third) alternate uniform to go with our new uniforms, but not neon green like those 09 ones.

From what I was told, our uniforms will probably have the most dramatic changes out of the entire league. We were Nike's guinea pigs.

Believe me or not, it's up to you. I usually just read posts on here because I don't have anything to offer. But finally I have something to put out there. I may not post again for along time, but hopefully you all remember me as the one who was right about our new uniforms.

Hold you to it? You obviously haven't been paying attention. This crowd will NAIL you to it if you're wrong... ;)
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:44 pm
  • Wolfepack wrote:Can I on record regarding our new uniforms? A little birdie on the inside gave me the scoops. I don't usually post, so I hope some of you would take this post with some seriousness. And then reference it later to hold me to it...

thank you for posting that. sounds cool!

you cant make everyone happy so dont sweat it.
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 am
  • muxpux wrote:and where did u hear that from?

Someone who works for the Seahawks. A friend of mine. But they'd get in trouble if I gave their name or position. Heck, it could get them in trouble for me just posting this, but it was too big of a secret to keep to myself. They said it'll be soon that we'll see the new uniforms.

I think the Pro Bowl uniforms are already Nike ones, but I could be wrong about that.
    Last edited by Wolfepack on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Wolfepack
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:26 am
  • CANHawk wrote: Hold you to it? You obviously haven't been paying attention. This crowd will NAIL you to it if you're wrong... ;)

I read threads daily, but never post for the sole fact that it seems like you get crucified for a different opinion, let alone should you be found out to be wrong about something.

That said, why would I risk eternal net shame by making some bogus claim? No one has any reason to believe me. We've all heard the - "I have it on good authority" posts. I just figure this is probably the only thing I'll be "right" upon in this whole forum. Perhaps people will REMEMBER my post after the unveiling and say: "Wow, that dude with less than 30 posts really WAS right."
    Wolfepack
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:36 am
  • You'll get shelled if you're wrong, but no one will give you any credit if you're right. :-)
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:35 am
  • sadhappy wrote:You'll get shelled if you're wrong, but no one will give you any credit if you're right. :-)

The truth ^^^
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:17 am
  • So, we've seen all these new uniform pics.
    History has shown that new uniforms make a big splash compared to mock up pictures.

- Nike designs so far have shown mainly silver or white pants with a navy jersey.
    - We've also heard that the Seahawks want to keep an all dark home uni.
    - We're hearing that we'll use less green which has seemed to fail at the alternate jersey level.
    - Nike has been experimenting a ton in the past year in college football. But it's really testing for the NFL.

I think Wolfepack is onto something......or planting info intentionally.

Our new helmets will probably be something like we've never seen in the pro's or college......(Giant pissed eyes on matte finish?)
    Using a midnight blue or the darker blue as the main color totally gets me pumped up!

I'm thinking the Hawks are leaking and planting posts just to get fans prepared for what is coming.
    This could be a huge change....
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:39 am
  • “We’re looking at all kinds of new designs, and new kinds of jerseys, and we’re talking about a throwback for sure,” McLoughlin added.

McLoughlin later clarified that fans should not expect a new logo or an entirely new color scheme, but that the Seahawks are still working with Nike to see “what it’s all going to look like.”

http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/new-seahawks ... ident-1268

So what I'm getting is in place of the lime green, we get the throwback. Makes perfect sense since this will be 10 years since we switched uniforms.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:03 am
  • I decided to put together the most NW color scheme possible.

THIS is TRUE NW style.
    Attachments
    OH-GOD.png
    OH-GOD.png (12.86 KiB) Viewed 911 times
    hawky
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:01 am
  • Hope they don't change the logo too much - it's a classy look and doesn't really need to be changed even if the uni's are going to be darker.

For some reason I'm not expecting silver to return, more likely it'll be an 'all-navy' look. Just hope it comes out 'timeless' and not the kind of thing that in a few years needs changing again because the style is dated. Having said that, I have no issue with us mixing the uni's up every few years. We don't have a 'timeless' jersey like Green Bay, so why not mix it up? At least it'll give us something other than quarterbacks to talk about...
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:20 am
  • Wolfepack wrote:
    CANHawk wrote: Hold you to it? You obviously haven't been paying attention. This crowd will NAIL you to it if you're wrong... ;)

I read threads daily, but never post for the sole fact that it seems like you get crucified for a different opinion, let alone should you be found out to be wrong about something.

That said, why would I risk eternal net shame by making some bogus claim? No one has any reason to believe me. We've all heard the - "I have it on good authority" posts. I just figure this is probably the only thing I'll be "right" upon in this whole forum. Perhaps people will REMEMBER my post after the unveiling and say: "Wow, that dude with less than 30 posts really WAS right."

Who cares if you are wrong. Do you think I have ever been wrong on here in the over ten years I've been around?.....Hell I am standing on my last leg here as it is, so post more often and don't worry about what people say, this is the internet after all.

And regarding the logo, I merely said it would be nice to see some other renderings of a new logo from some artists out there, I didn't say change it, but at least have an open mind to view ideas.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:39 am
  • Totally unrelated but thought I'd mention this... Vancouver modified their logo during the last batch of NHL changes. Essentially they kept the same look, but changed the colors to match what the uniforms look like. If it's going to be an 'all-navy' look from now on, I wonder if they'll just switch the colors on the logo..

theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:04 am

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:07 am
  • English, I really hope the 'logo change' is simply a change to whatever new blue they are using, etc.

I'm also terrified of the idea of some kind of wrap around logo, especially if the Hawk eyes are on the front, making us look like some sort of Halloween hooligans.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:19 am
  • pinksheets wrote:English, I really hope the 'logo change' is simply a change to whatever new blue they are using, etc..

Me too... even if the uni's aren't exactly 'timeless', the logo IMO certainly is. Hope they don't mess with it too much.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:03 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:English, I really hope the 'logo change' is simply a change to whatever new blue they are using, etc..

Me too... even if the uni's aren't exactly 'timeless', the logo IMO certainly is. Hope they don't mess with it too much.

And the original logo wasn't "timeless?" I'm sure it'll be just fine even if they do make minor tweaks. I think it would be hilarious like one poster put a couple pages ago (I think) if that the only difference in the unis was a nike swoosh on the front. :twisted:
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:08 am
  • "Timeless" is another fancy way to say "old and outdated" IMO
    "Your Seattle Seahawks, 2013-14 World Champions"
    Adopt A Rookie 2014-15 - Kevin Pierre-Louis
    Adopt-A-Red-Shirt 2014-15 Christine Micheal
    Previously known as megamanflx1
    Seahawkscrazy
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:16 am
  • megamanflx1 wrote:"Timeless" is another fancy way to say "old and outdated" IMO

That's great that you think that, but it isn't what timeless means. In fact, timeless pretty much means the opposite of what you think it does. Timeless means something that is virtually impervious to becoming "old and outdated."
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:31 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:English, I really hope the 'logo change' is simply a change to whatever new blue they are using, etc..

The logo should be somewhat untouchable. The last update was an extremely minor change, IMO, and that's a good thing.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:04 pm
  • Based on the rumors in this thread, they might use the color of the pants in this image and transfer it to the jersey/helmet, removing the 'Seahawks Blue' from the logo. Probably with more of a matte finish.

Not a drastic change.

theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:12 pm
  • Honestly these breast cancer uniforms have gone TOO FAR.
    Attachments
    Breast_cancer_Seahawks.png
    Breast_cancer_Seahawks.png (145.54 KiB) Viewed 1500 times
    hawky
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:28 pm
  • I say change it up some - heck why not?

Regardless of whatever they do it'd probably grow on me after awhile. -Well, maybe not the image of the three pink power rangers above.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:20 am
  • hawky wrote:Honestly these breast cancer uniforms have gone TOO FAR.

Hahaha... that's pretty good. It would be cool to know how you guys colorize just the uniforms in the images like that. Could play around with some schemes just for fun because everything I have ever seen on the web either sucks or is not even as good as what we currently have. jmo.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:33 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Based on the rumors in this thread, they might use the color of the pants in this image and transfer it to the jersey/helmet, removing the 'Seahawks Blue' from the logo. Probably with more of a matte finish.

Not a drastic change.

IMO, that wouldn't be bad at all. I'd like to see those pants minus the thin lime green stripe and replaced with a wider white stripe or 2 white stripes that make it look wider. Keep the jersey exactly the same minus the lime green collar and paint the helmet the same color as the pants. I think that would be considerd a "minor tweak" and look pretty good. Probably not a popular opinion, but as you can tell I am not a fan of the lime green in any capacity.

I also wouldn't mind going back to the gray/silver helmets and pants but keep the darker blue than the throwback blue. But you never really know what looks good til you see them on the field, so idk.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:24 am
  • Uniform threads make for great reading at 6:30 am! Im stoked to see what our new uniforms will look like..A menacing smashmouth D and cool uniforms? Sign me up.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:27 am
  • Shane Falco wrote:
    hawky wrote:Honestly these breast cancer uniforms have gone TOO FAR.

Hahaha... that's pretty good. It would be cool to know how you guys colorize just the uniforms in the images like that. Could play around with some schemes just for fun because everything I have ever seen on the web either sucks or is not even as good as what we currently have. jmo.

Well... what I did was take the image into photoshop, make a duplicate layer and erase anything but the uniform (and erased the #s) ... then I added an overlay or hue correction.

If you want the PSD I was working here it is.

http://www.bestseattlewebdesign.com/SeahawksUniform.psd
    hawky
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 am
  • that last one reminds me of the " future " baseball uniforms during the late 1990s.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:07 pm
  • Regarding Hawky's pics--Damn, I wouldn't mind if we changed our neon green to a forest-green like that.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:09 pm
  • I'm no fashion maven, but I'm not a huge fan of the uniforms that have the same color jerseys and pants. Like someone said about the new WSU all-gray jerseys, they look like pajamas.

Disclaimer about off-season threads made by minormillikin: He doesn't really care a lot about any of this... he's just bored...
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Check out these new Nike gloves. Looks like the logo may be gray/silver now at the bottom left instead of Seahawks blue.

Or maybe my eyes don't work so good.
    tacos
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:30 pm
  • It's hard to tell with Nike's publicity. They make everything vague. But you might be right, the bottom stripe does look different.
    NCHawk76
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 pm
  • When did they release that image?

**EDIT**

Just found out they're for the Pro-Bowl. Quite interesting, hard to tell if that's grey or just shading on the Seahawks blue. Navy/steel uni's for the future then?
    Last edited by theENGLISHseahawk on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:45 pm
  • It looks like they made it a greyish blue.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:52 pm
  • Yeah, I think it kind of fits in with the "slight" logo alteration talk. Also, the Panthers gloves show a slight tweak to their logo as well, and I believe they were one of the other teams rumored to be in store for some uniform changes along with the Seahawks. But who knows.
    tacos
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:57 pm

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information