New Seahawks Uni in 2012

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
Re: New Seahawks Uni in 2012
Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:34 pm
  • megamanflx1 wrote:Wait- we are talking about the remake of OSU's consept 1950's look?

Unfortunately, we're gonna look damn ridiculous.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:37 pm
  • I do not like that wraparound hawk on the helmet. The new logo should have that gap in the back like it currently does.

(I like to interject my two pennies once every 30 pages).

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:54 pm
  • muxpux wrote:
    nategreat wrote:They are the same exact shoe. If you look closely you can see that the "outside" of the cleat is green in the front, while the "inside" is blue. The reason those two shoes look like they are the opposite to you is because you are comparing the outside of the shoe with the inside of the shoe. Both pictures are pictures of the left cleat.

this. man people are so eager to find any detail thats different they lose common sense. yes those shoes were made by nike, which they have done for how long now? they arent going to "leak" anything at the pro bowl, which those shoes are from.

your comparing two different sides of a shoe here folks.

Man, that bolded part cracked me the hell up!
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:03 pm
  • megamanflx1 wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:
    megamanflx1 wrote:Aros- like the color scheme there, but would like to see the helmet be matte---

YUK! WHY?

Serious question -- do you want the logo to be matte as well? Or do you want the logo to be shiny on a matte helmet? Or do you even want a logo on the helmet?

Yes, logo in either matte or gloss is completely fine, I like either the matte look or the "Darth Vader" Oregon style glossy metallic helmets, but carbon fiber would look very cool too. It would be something very new to the NFL, and stylistically, in fashion at the moment.

I don't want the uniforms to be designed around the fashion of the moment. If the whole NFL was going to go to matte uniforms, then those pictures a bunch of pages ago would look really good. But if we're the only ones doing it, we're just going to look ridiculous. And if our logo is matte, that will just look like utter crap IMO. It will look like someone washed the helmets and left the soap on to dry, or rolled them around in muddy water or something.

Now, if you're just looking for a change, I could go with a dark blue carbon-fiber look on the helmet. That would be cool.

And I'm a half century old, for those keeping track of the demographics.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:22 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:I don't want the uniforms to be designed around the fashion of the moment. If the whole NFL was going to go to matte uniforms, then those pictures a bunch of pages ago would look really good. But if we're the only ones doing it, we're just going to look ridiculous. And if our logo is matte, that will just look like utter crap IMO. It will look like someone washed the helmets and left the soap on to dry, or rolled them around in muddy water or something.

Now, if you're just looking for a change, I could go with a dark blue carbon-fiber look on the helmet. That would be cool.

And I'm a half century old, for those keeping track of the demographics.

when Denver redesigned their uniforms (last time Nike took over the unis :)) they were a radical redesign. then new england followed suit, and a few other teams sortof did, the expansion panthers, the bucs, etc. but one thing to remember, Nike cant do anything the Hawks organization doesnt approve.

NIKE is only MAKING the uniforms. if the Hawks are wanting to redesign and whatnot then ya, im sure they can consult, but it isnt all up to Nike.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:34 pm
  • Oh, I know that. The mad scientists at the Nike laboratories don't have much more control over the final product than we do. We're all just throwing out ideas, so everyone else can tell us how bad they suck.

I just hope the decision makers in the Seahawks don't share the misguided opinions of everyone who disagrees with me.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:26 am
  • BlueTalon wrote:Oh, I know that. The mad scientists at the Nike laboratories don't have much more control over the final product than we do. We're all just throwing out ideas, so everyone else can tell us how bad they suck.

I just hope the decision makers in the Seahawks don't share the misguided opinions of everyone who disagrees with me.

Hey now. Let's be careful of pointing fingers when we are talking about taste...just because I happen to like something that you apparently find abhorrent, doesn't mean I am not entitled to my own opinion, whether or not it meshes with your beliefs or not.

FWIW, blue carbon fiber would be very cool, too.
    "Your Seattle Seahawks, 2013-14 World Champions"
    Adopt A Rookie 2014-15 - Kevin Pierre-Louis
    Adopt-A-Red-Shirt 2014-15 Christine Micheal
    Previously known as megamanflx1
    Seahawkscrazy
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:16 am
  • megamanflx1 wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:Oh, I know that. The mad scientists at the Nike laboratories don't have much more control over the final product than we do. We're all just throwing out ideas, so everyone else can tell us how bad they suck.

Hey now. Let's be careful of pointing fingers when we are talking about taste...just because I happen to like something that you apparently find abhorrent, doesn't mean I am not entitled to my own opinion, whether or not it meshes with your beliefs or not.

FWIW, blue carbon fiber would be very cool, too.

No, opinions are bad, if your opinion is not my opinion, then you are obviously wrong.
    #humansareachildishrace ...me included.
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:31 am
  • Aros wrote:I do not like that wraparound hawk on the helmet. The new logo should have that gap in the back like it currently does.

(I like to interject my two pennies once every 30 pages).

I'll see your two cents, and raise you another two:

I agree here, the hawk logos on the helmet should have a distinct end to them, and not wrap-around.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:13 am
  • Here is a link to the two other styles of 'New Era' Caps that will be out for the draft.

Once again they show all teams, for all three styles of hats, except for Seattle, Caroline, and the Cowboys.

I went through the directory where the images are stored, but couldn't find a Seattle version of the other caps, and when I tried to find an alternate source for where those same images could be stored, I came up blank.

Still digging though..., if there have been any changes to the logo, the second style of hat they have would show it, if we can find it that is.
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:44 am
  • ^^ Sweet. I digg all the of those. I think its a great idea to have more than one to choose from. The last couple draft hats have been terrible. There is also one for all bill bending belly achers that don't buy hats anyway.:-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:50 am
  • guess what... we're getting close to 100 pages !!
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 am
  • Well if I(we/anyone) can find that other hat, we will shoot up another 15+ pages I'm sure.
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 am
  • Wait. There's another hat?
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:15 am
  • pinksheets wrote:Wait. There's another hat?

Well, there are three total hat designs, the first one was poorly hidden in the directory for that facebook preview(that was the one posted earlier).

The other two consist of one that look similar to the hat we have already seen, but with a different multi-color scheme, and the other is a curved brim hat that shows the logo's under the team name.

It's that curved brim one I'm trying to find, because it would show any changes in the logo clearly.
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:18 am
  • why would dallas be missing?
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 am
  • Seaswab wrote:why would dallas be missing?

Good question, Dallas has been missing from all the line-ups shown so far.

They didn't even have it in the website directory where you could find the Seahawks and Panthers one(which they took the panthers one down from...but not Seattle's).
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 am
  • Wait... we're getting new uniforms!?
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:26 am
  • CANHawk wrote:Wait... we're getting new uniforms!?

I heard we are trying to get Peyton Manning too...
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Re: Re: New Seahawks Uni in 2012
Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:58 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:Wait... we're getting new uniforms!?

Should we start a manning thread you guys?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:03 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:

And get rid of Hasselbeck!? No way!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 am
  • So just so I understand Peyton Manning and Matt Hasselbeck have both submitted competing designs for the new Seahawks uniforms and they will have a 'walk off' in early April to determine the winner.

Is my understanding correct here?
    MARTYREDwarner

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:19 am
  • warner28 wrote:So just so I understand Peyton Manning and Matt Hasselbeck have both submitted competing designs for the new Seahawks uniforms and they will have a 'walk off' in early April to determine the winner.

No no no... Matt Hasselbeck has put together a Power Point presentation on the new uniforms and will be projecting it onto Peyton Mannings forehead.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:23 am
  • CANHawk wrote:
    warner28 wrote:So just so I understand Peyton Manning and Matt Hasselbeck have both submitted competing designs for the new Seahawks uniforms and they will have a 'walk off' in early April to determine the winner.

No no no... Matt Hasselbeck has put together a Power Point presentation on the new uniforms and will be projecting it onto Peyton Mannings forehead.

Wooooooooooow! LMAO that is hilarious Can. Made my day right here!
    YaktownHawK
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:24 am
  • CANHawk wrote:
    warner28 wrote:So just so I understand Peyton Manning and Matt Hasselbeck have both submitted competing designs for the new Seahawks uniforms and they will have a 'walk off' in early April to determine the winner.

Okay but how are Tim Tebow and Kellen Moore involved?
    MARTYREDwarner

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:49 am
  • warner28 wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:

Okay but how are Tim Tebow and Kellen Moore involved?

Tebow will be running a prayer circle praying the new Nike uniforms don't chafe too much, and Kellen Moore will be debuting in his new career as a sales rep for Nike.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:

Did you hear that Whitney Houston died?
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:12 am
  • Hawk Finn wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:

Whaddaya mean there's a NEW Coke?
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:14 am
  • Holy crap the Berlin wall has been taken down!
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:21 am
  • muxpux wrote:
    nategreat wrote:
    They are the same exact shoe. If you look closely you can see that the "outside" of the cleat is green in the front, while the "inside" is blue. The reason those two shoes look like they are the opposite to you is because you are comparing the outside of the shoe with the inside of the shoe. Both pictures are pictures of the left cleat.

this. man people are so eager to find any detail thats different they lose common sense. yes those shoes were made by nike, which they have done for how long now? they arent going to "leak" anything at the pro bowl, which those shoes are from.

your comparing two different sides of a shoe here folks.

:lol:

Some of you guys clearly missed your calling for the CIA. And the rest, Project Runway.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Re: Re: New Seahawks Uni in 2012
Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 am
  • CANHawk wrote:

Holy crap, I cant breathe! I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP!

Is my Tapatalk supposed to burn when it pees?
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:56 am

The Cowboys have their own merchandising contract.
    JohnnySeoul
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:00 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:
    Some of you guys clearly missed your calling for the CIA.

Peyton Hillis stole my resumé.
    JohnnySeoul
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:08 pm
  • Clearly, the missing hat, the lack of a concrete uniform update, and Manning skipping us altogether can mean only one thing. It's so obvious that we don't really need a "legit" source, but here ya go:

Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Just heard from my peoples. There will be no Seattle Seahawks in 2012.

@ScottEnyeart Dolphins beat writer: The Seattle Seahawks will be taking a year off from the NFL to rest their knees.

@SC_DougFarrar: Seahawks have not ruled out a 2013 return, at which time they could sign with the ATL Falcons, providing depth and veteran leadership.

@RaheemBrock: God doesn't give the uniforms we want, because God told the Seahawks to rest up for the Mayan Apocalypse thing.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:16 pm
  • Hawk Finn wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:

Ahhhh mannnnn, I didn't even know she was sick ??
    :waah:

Must've stressed out over these threads !!??
    (Peyton & Uni's included....)
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:36 pm
  • It bothers me greatly that the ridiculous Peyton Manning thread is gaining on this topic of greater import.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:36 pm
  • Bring back the larger Hawk on the sleeves!

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:37 pm
  • Aros wrote:Bring back the larger Hawk on the sleeves!

THIS.

+1

nuff said.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:43 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    Aros wrote:Bring back the larger Hawk on the sleeves!

THIS.

+1

nuff said.

And a #73 patch in honor of the 20th anniversary of the selection of the great Ray Roberts.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:46 pm

I have always agreed with this battlecry of yours. This has got to be the #1 misfire from our current uniforms. They would be almost perfect if they had the larger hawks on the sleeves.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Major fail if these uniforms have the microscopic hawk on the sleeve like we have now.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:58 pm
  • agree... go big on the hawk
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:00 pm
  • Any chance of some solid mock-ups from those who know how based on the info we've received so far?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:16 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Any chance of some solid mock-ups from those who know how based on the info we've received so far?

I would LOVE to see a mock up that incorporated EVERY thought, idea and theme that has ever been mentioned in this mega thread. It be like the time Homer got to design his own car!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:18 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Any chance of some solid mock-ups from those who know how based on the info we've received so far?

I would LOVE to see a mock up that incorporated EVERY thought, idea and theme that has ever been mentioned in this mega thread. It be like the time Homer got to design his own car!

YES! This must happen.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:22 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Any chance of some solid mock-ups from those who know how based on the info we've received so far?

Just Google "Oregon Ducks Uniforms".
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:23 pm
  • Homer even chose 'Seahawks green'...

theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Found it.

DericLee
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Please don't. Wrap around Hawk was terrible.
    MARTYREDwarner

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information