Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » NET NATION COMMUNITY CENTER » [ THE ARCHIVES ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 am 
* NET Injury Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
Posts: 1525
Location: Poulsbo, WA
I spoke with a guy who owns the Seattle Sports Shop across the street from the stadium. We asked him if he knew anything about the new uniforms and he says that the Nike reps already brought him a catalog of the new unis and clothing so that he could make his orders and be ready to begin selling the items as soon as the uniform unveiling took place. He also noted that Nike was VERY VERY secretive about it. They wouldn't let him keep the catalog or any photos of the new stuff, they made him make his two other employees LEAVE THE STORE, and wouldn't even let him pick up his cell phone because they were worried about pictures.

Anyways he says that he was really impressed, using the words "Sharp and Crisp" in his explanation and then stated that there was a color scheme change and there is now a lot of Navy Blue in the uniforms and other gear. He says there is none of that wild crap that the University of Oregon is doing with their uniforms. He would not disclose whether or not the logo will be changing either. Now granted I have no proof of this but I don't see any reason that this guy would benefit from lying to us as me and my buddies were the only three guys in the store.

_________________
Image

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:01 am 
*Hawk Junk Junkie*
*Hawk Junk Junkie*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:20 am
Posts: 805
Quote:
Silver is the quickest way to dilute our uniqueness. I really don't want to look more like the Cowboys/Lions/Raiders/Patriots/Panthers/whoever.


Yea, but our whites aren't that unique either. I think they can replace the white in some areas with a silver/gray and make us look very unique. win win...... Nike has no problem making the Ducks look differentiated from the rest, utilizing silver and gray tones.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm
Posts: 345
I think if we go navy blue and keep the current "seahawk" blue helmet it would look pretty sweet.

Navy blue though is just kind of "meh". Feels like half the teams in the league use navy blue. I know that isn't true but alot of teams use it. Would rather go royal blue at that point ...


Last edited by marymoorhawk on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11111
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
I spoke with a guy who owns the Seattle Sports Shop across the street from the stadium. We asked him if he knew anything about the new uniforms and he says that the Nike reps already brought him a catalog of the new unis and clothing so that he could make his orders and be ready to begin selling the items as soon as the uniform unveiling took place. He also noted that Nike was VERY VERY secretive about it. They wouldn't let him keep the catalog or any photos of the new stuff, they made him make his two other employees LEAVE THE STORE, and wouldn't even let him pick up his cell phone because they were worried about pictures.

Anyways he says that he was really impressed, using the words "Sharp and Crisp" in his explanation and then stated that there was a color scheme change and there is now a lot of Navy Blue in the uniforms and other gear. He says there is none of that wild crap that the University of Oregon is doing with their uniforms. He would not disclose whether or not the logo will be changing either. Now granted I have no proof of this but I don't see any reason that this guy would benefit from lying to us as me and my buddies were the only three guys in the store.


Cool. I actually liked the navy pants that we wore during the Mora fiasco season. It made the navy on the sleeves not seem like such an orphan. Didn't mind it with the road whites either (though the monochrome white still looks better IMO)

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:04 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm
Posts: 345
CANHawk wrote:
IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:
I spoke with a guy who owns the Seattle Sports Shop across the street from the stadium. We asked him if he knew anything about the new uniforms and he says that the Nike reps already brought him a catalog of the new unis and clothing so that he could make his orders and be ready to begin selling the items as soon as the uniform unveiling took place. He also noted that Nike was VERY VERY secretive about it. They wouldn't let him keep the catalog or any photos of the new stuff, they made him make his two other employees LEAVE THE STORE, and wouldn't even let him pick up his cell phone because they were worried about pictures.

Anyways he says that he was really impressed, using the words "Sharp and Crisp" in his explanation and then stated that there was a color scheme change and there is now a lot of Navy Blue in the uniforms and other gear. He says there is none of that wild crap that the University of Oregon is doing with their uniforms. He would not disclose whether or not the logo will be changing either. Now granted I have no proof of this but I don't see any reason that this guy would benefit from lying to us as me and my buddies were the only three guys in the store.


Cool. I actually liked the navy pants that we wore during the Mora fiasco season. It made the navy on the sleeves not seem like such an orphan. Didn't mind it with the road whites either (though the monochrome white still looks better IMO)


I always thought the navy pants on the road would have looked good - I am a fan of 3 tone color scheme though ...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:27 am 
I want silver back. Miss it.

I'd like the current blue, a dark green, and silver scheme. Would look great IMO.


Top 
  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7726
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
warner28 wrote:
I want silver back. Miss it.

I'd like the current blue, a dark green, and silver scheme. Would look great IMO.


Agreed.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:55 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7681
Location: Maple Valley, WA
I would love silver to be re-introduced to our uniforms if it had a modern, rich, heavy metallic look to it. I would really love it if we had silver helmets as an alternate to our blues. Deep, rich tones, keep the feathers out of the equation.

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 675
Pure speculation here... If that post about them using navy blue is true... Im wondering if the navyblue they are going to use is the same color as their practice unis?

Ive always liked the practice uni color better than the gameday color and Ive always wondered why they wouldn't use that color instead? it a lot sharper in my opinion.

Image

Image

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7681
Location: Maple Valley, WA
This is similar to the richer, metallic silver color I'm thinking...


Attachments:
helmets-hjc-snow-men-is-16-metallic-anthracite.jpg
helmets-hjc-snow-men-is-16-metallic-anthracite.jpg [ 96.49 KiB | Viewed 1864 times ]

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII
Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11111
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
^oooh, that's cool.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11181
Location: Antioch, CA
Todd, that color helmet would look amazing with the Seahawk logo over the top of it.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:31 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11111
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
HawkFan72 wrote:
Todd, that color helmet would look amazing with the Seahawk logo over the top of it.


Photo shopey people, please make this happen if you have a few moments to spare. i tried, but it keeps coming out looking like something from Tecmo bowl (capturing the bling factor of that paint job is beyond my limited skillset).

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:09 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7225
Location: Eastern Washington
CANHawk wrote:
HawkFan72 wrote:
Todd, that color helmet would look amazing with the Seahawk logo over the top of it.

Photo shopey people, please make this happen if you have a few moments to spare. i tried, but it keeps coming out looking like something from Tecmo bowl (capturing the bling factor of that paint job is beyond my limited skillset).

The Photoshop attempt could very well produce a helmet that looks cool and amazing as a stand-alone thing. But it would look seriously goofy when combined with the rest of the uniform.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:40 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7681
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Image

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17571
Location: Graham, WA
^^ I think I actually like that, but it kind of does look a like a cowpie uni. Love the huge logo on the sleeves.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
I didnt know you guys liked to assorize so much.

Please let the belt match the shoes!

Nobody cares about my tapatalk.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11111
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
I don't like that Nike template because the sleeves are so goofy (the template in general, not your version). But yeah, that colour on the helmet looks boss.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:56 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11181
Location: Antioch, CA
I love that color scheme. Would love to see something like that on the field.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 675
that is nice! just put the seahawk on the sleeve instead of the under shirt


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:08 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10064
The real test of the uniform is not how it looks as a concept, but how it looks on a sweaty 350 pound man covered in grass stains.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10547
Location: Pasco, WA
Man.....do not touch the logo or tweak it. Its perfect how it is.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10064
Tech Worlds wrote:
I didnt know you guys liked to assorize so much.

Please let the belt match the shoes!

Nobody cares about my tapatalk.


assorize? I like that new word.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:28 pm 
Throwdown wrote:
^^ I think I actually like that, but it kind of does look a like a cowpie uni. Love the huge logo on the sleeves.


That is the only thing I don't like about it.

Gaudy.


Top 
  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:33 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am
Posts: 6755
One word: lazers.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7726
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
MysterMatt wrote:
One word: lazers.


From the eyes of the logo? Maybe incorporate an LED or something?

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:38 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am
Posts: 6755
volsunghawk wrote:
MysterMatt wrote:
One word: lazers.


From the eyes of the logo? Maybe incorporate an LED or something?

both


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 pm 
*Hawk Junk Junkie*
*Hawk Junk Junkie*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:20 am
Posts: 805
Aros wrote:
Image


I totally dig this! I could take or leave the logo on the sleeve/compression shirt, although in general this uniform concept rocks! Nice job Todd!

Oh, also I think I'd prefer the face mask to be gray.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11111
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
MysterMatt wrote:
One word: lazers.


I just want some frickin "lasers". Is that too much to ask?

Image

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 675
12:02
From danny oneil's chat...

-I don't know when they will be announced.


-I have heard that there will be new uniforms.


-That's about it.


-A fellow on Twitter today who sounded very much like he knew what he was talking about indicated the helmets will remain blue.


-I've heard that the uniforms will be different, but not dramatically different. In effect, that the changed from silver helmets to the current blue was much more dramatic than the change that is expected this time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:05 pm
Posts: 884
Location: New Jersey
BlueTalon wrote:
Silver is the quickest way to dilute our uniqueness. I really don't want to look more like the Cowboys/Lions/Raiders/Patriots/Panthers/whoever.


I don't really see what's unique about our uniforms now. They have no personality. They try to be "hip" and it just comes off as...eh.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7864
Surely this is a fantastic opportunity for the team to allow Seahawks.net to talk about something other than quarterbacks for the next month before free agency!? They should be working this into a frenzy with weekly teasers... or by just revealing the uni's. We'll be too busy talking draft in April!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:14 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1237
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
The Seahawks' colours actually have meaning, unlike a lot of teams. The blue represents water, the green represents forest, and the silver represents salmon. The colours affirm the team's PNW ties.

I like the current uniforms well enough, but we need to bring back the silver.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:25 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7681
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Yeah I have to say I am all for bringing back the silver as long as it isn't that flat, grey from the 70's/80's. My concept is close to what I wouldn't mind seeing...Make the blue a deep blue, the green a deep green, put that bird prominently back on the sleeves (a nice nod to yester-year) and I think we could have some sweet uniforms.

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:38 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11181
Location: Antioch, CA
KiwiHawk wrote:
and the silver represents salmon.



In that case, let's use pink.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 1144
Location: Vancouver, WA
Adding more totem style would be a good thing, IMO.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 675
vin.couve12 wrote:
Adding more totem style would be a good thing, IMO.



We need a seahawk totem pole outside of c-link. I wonder if we could even do that? that would be cool to pay tribute to the native american culture in this area seahawk style.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:46 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm
Posts: 345
Scottemojo wrote:
The real test of the uniform is not how it looks as a concept, but how it looks on a sweaty 350 pound man covered in grass stains.


Or the drunk ones in the stands ... how does it look with beer and mustard stains on it?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:46 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21159
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
It's the offseason, one in which the obligatory uni thread could not survive without.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:47 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm
Posts: 345
blue 22 wrote:
Pure speculation here... If that post about them using navy blue is true... Im wondering if the navyblue they are going to use is the same color as their practice unis?

Ive always liked the practice uni color better than the gameday color and Ive always wondered why they wouldn't use that color instead? it a lot sharper in my opinion.

Image

Image

Image


Agree - not a fan of navy blue overall but if it was paired with our current Seahawk Blue helmet that would be a good combo.

More green also.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:49 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Surely this is a fantastic opportunity for the team to allow Seahawks.net to talk about something other than quarterbacks for the next month before free agency!? They should be working this into a frenzy with weekly teasers... or by just revealing the uni's. We'll be too busy talking draft in April!


Nothing would make me laugh harder then if Tarvaris Jackson starts every game next season while wearing virtually the same jersey as we've had, with nothing different but a Nike swoosh.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 1144
Location: Vancouver, WA
blue 22 wrote:
vin.couve12 wrote:
Adding more totem style would be a good thing, IMO.



We need a seahawk totem pole outside of c-link. I wonder if we could even do that? that would be cool to pay tribute to the native american culture in this area seahawk style.


The Seahawk is already done much in a totem style, which does pay tribute to the area and it should. Seattle itself was named after a Chief.

I'm not talking about adding something major. Maybe the stripe down the pants or any stripes at all could be done totem style. If we're wanting to set our unis apart from the rest of the league that would be a great way to pay tribute to the city/chief/native influence of the area and I absolutely think it could be done in a subtle manner.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 1144
Location: Vancouver, WA
Basically what you do is take the stripe down the pants and replace it with a stripe full of repeated styles of Totem Seahawks. The stripe would still be there....it would just be better. Obviously leave the totem head figure out so it can remain a stripe.

Image
Image
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 1144
Location: Vancouver, WA
The top two are belt buckles, BTW. Apparently someone has already made a totem seahawk belt buckle.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7225
Location: Eastern Washington
Scottemojo wrote:
The real test of the uniform is not how it looks as a concept, but how it looks on a sweaty 350 pound man covered in grass stains.

Part of what makes those Nike concept things look cool is the fact they mimic a photo with a foggy background and ridiculously low light. They can be really vague with colors that way.


It's kinda like the political poles that have some guy running against an anonymous Republican or Democrat, as opposed to running against someone specific. It might be good for the image, but the reality is far less attractive.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 1144
Location: Vancouver, WA
Matter of fact, if I could make a cheap copy of this and make it blue and green I'd wear that ish to every game I went to.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:39 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7225
Location: Eastern Washington
NCHawk76 wrote:
BlueTalon wrote:
Silver is the quickest way to dilute our uniqueness. I really don't want to look more like the Cowboys/Lions/Raiders/Patriots/Panthers/whoever.

I don't really see what's unique about our uniforms now. They have no personality. They try to be "hip" and it just comes off as...eh.

Eye of the beholder. I think they look great and have lots of personality as is.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
Posts: 3486
Location: Spokane, Wa
Tech Worlds wrote:
Galen96 wrote:
please for the love of god no silver.


Incorrect.. Silver rocks.

Nobody cares about my tapatalk.



Godspeed Silver Godspeed!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:42 am 
*Hawk Junk Junkie*
*Hawk Junk Junkie*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:20 am
Posts: 805
Aros wrote:
Yeah I have to say I am all for bringing back the silver as long as it isn't that flat, grey from the 70's/80's. My concept is close to what I wouldn't mind seeing...Make the blue a deep blue, the green a deep green, put that bird prominently back on the sleeves (a nice nod to yester-year) and I think we could have some sweet uniforms.



This is where our opinions differ, cuz I love the matte grays; i.e. Oregon Ducks & NY Giants use 'em well.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7726
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
HawkFan72 wrote:
KiwiHawk wrote:
and the silver represents salmon.



In that case, let's use pink.


Pink represents something else. :mrgreen:

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41  Next

Board index » NET NATION COMMUNITY CENTER » [ THE ARCHIVES ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.