New Seahawks Uni in 2012

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
Re: New Seahawks Uni in 2012
Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:54 pm
  • Tell me these helmets wouldn't look cool alongside a Seahawks blue version of the uni's...

theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:01 pm
  • Ok, those helmets wouldn't look good with the blue Seahawks unis. They would look even more dumb there than they do in your picture.

I've seen clips from their games and can't imagine any coach or school stupid enough to have their team wear helmets that reflect sunlight.

Or maybe they play their games in the dark.

:roll:
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:06 pm
  • The carbon fiber ones someone posted a picture of earlier would be cool. The chrome ones, not so much.
    partial
    Corporal, USMC 83-87

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:19 pm
  • Well it's all about opinions, but I thought they looked frigging awesome yesterday.

And I'm guessing the reflection didn't hurt them, given they won a shoot-out against a tough Wisconsin team.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

More uni info......(sort of)
Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:25 pm
  • Softy on facebook....

Btw, hearing rumor #Seahawks may unveil some type of new uniform approach in April.
    Color scheme change(silver?), possible "tweak" to logo.

Basically, I got "April" out of this.
    We knew it would be before the draft but, at least we now have an expectation.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    DROPPIN' THE NOISE HAMMER AT THE SOUTH ALASKA INSANE ASYLUM
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Re: More uni info......(sort of)
Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 am
  • please for the love of god no silver.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:46 am
  • Galen96 wrote:please for the love of god no silver.

This. I know its retro, but lets leave it in the past.
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Re: Re: More uni info......(sort of)
Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:49 am
  • Galen96 wrote:please for the love of god no silver.

Incorrect.. Silver rocks.

Nobody cares about my tapatalk.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Galen96 wrote:please for the love of god no silver.

:13:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:43 am
  • Just stay away from the old crap please
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:50 am
  • I'd like to have a unique set of colours, not blue and silver again. I'm in favour of the dark blue with green highlights or even a silver/green mix to keep it different
    HighlandHawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:08 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Galen96 wrote:please for the love of god no silver.

:13:

:stupid: :sarcasm_off:

Silver is the quickest way to dilute our uniqueness. I really don't want to look more like the Cowboys/Lions/Raiders/Patriots/Panthers/whoever.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 am
  • I love our current home uniforms. Don't change them. :(
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:14 am
  • I hope we have something in a nice pastel. And would it hurt to add some tassels?
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:16 am
  • They need to replace that ugly puke green.
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:18 am
  • Sturm wrote:They need to replace that ugly puke green.

If your puke is coming out that color of green, please go see a doctor ASAP. :|

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:24 am
  • The original colors and logo represented the PNW.. is that such a bad thing? Why does everyone feel the need to be so flashy/badass/ whatever with uniforms? Im only 40 but I feel like Im holding onto viewpoints 20 years older.....
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:32 am
  • Vetamur wrote:The original colors and logo represented the PNW.. is that such a bad thing? Why does everyone feel the need to be so flashy/badass/ whatever with uniforms? Im only 40 but I feel like Im holding onto viewpoints 20 years older.....

Old ass bastard. I am only 39, so clearly I am much more in tune with our younger folk to want Nike to dress us in tread brite and feathers. :les:
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:11 am
  • As long as they keep the current Seahawk blue as the main colour (helmet) I wouldn't mind a minor tweek or two. If they add silver in any amount more than silver accents, such as going silver for the pants, it would have to be a dark silver or metalic grey (pewter?) like the Bucs to match the dark blue. Personally like the current look with the all blue and green accents and hope that dosn't change too drastically.

Shy
    Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical.
    Little Giants (1994) – Steve Emtman
    ShyCheetah
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:28 am
  • I hope they don't "tweak" the logo. That's what would really bug me. I really like our logo how it is now.

But my guess is that if they are adding silver, they are tweaking the logo to include it.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 am
  • I spoke with a guy who owns the Seattle Sports Shop across the street from the stadium. We asked him if he knew anything about the new uniforms and he says that the Nike reps already brought him a catalog of the new unis and clothing so that he could make his orders and be ready to begin selling the items as soon as the uniform unveiling took place. He also noted that Nike was VERY VERY secretive about it. They wouldn't let him keep the catalog or any photos of the new stuff, they made him make his two other employees LEAVE THE STORE, and wouldn't even let him pick up his cell phone because they were worried about pictures.

Anyways he says that he was really impressed, using the words "Sharp and Crisp" in his explanation and then stated that there was a color scheme change and there is now a lot of Navy Blue in the uniforms and other gear. He says there is none of that wild crap that the University of Oregon is doing with their uniforms. He would not disclose whether or not the logo will be changing either. Now granted I have no proof of this but I don't see any reason that this guy would benefit from lying to us as me and my buddies were the only three guys in the store.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:01 am
  • Silver is the quickest way to dilute our uniqueness. I really don't want to look more like the Cowboys/Lions/Raiders/Patriots/Panthers/whoever.

Yea, but our whites aren't that unique either. I think they can replace the white in some areas with a silver/gray and make us look very unique. win win...... Nike has no problem making the Ducks look differentiated from the rest, utilizing silver and gray tones.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 am
  • I think if we go navy blue and keep the current "seahawk" blue helmet it would look pretty sweet.

Navy blue though is just kind of "meh". Feels like half the teams in the league use navy blue. I know that isn't true but alot of teams use it. Would rather go royal blue at that point ...
    Last edited by marymoorhawk on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 am
  • IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:I spoke with a guy who owns the Seattle Sports Shop across the street from the stadium. We asked him if he knew anything about the new uniforms and he says that the Nike reps already brought him a catalog of the new unis and clothing so that he could make his orders and be ready to begin selling the items as soon as the uniform unveiling took place. He also noted that Nike was VERY VERY secretive about it. They wouldn't let him keep the catalog or any photos of the new stuff, they made him make his two other employees LEAVE THE STORE, and wouldn't even let him pick up his cell phone because they were worried about pictures.

Anyways he says that he was really impressed, using the words "Sharp and Crisp" in his explanation and then stated that there was a color scheme change and there is now a lot of Navy Blue in the uniforms and other gear. He says there is none of that wild crap that the University of Oregon is doing with their uniforms. He would not disclose whether or not the logo will be changing either. Now granted I have no proof of this but I don't see any reason that this guy would benefit from lying to us as me and my buddies were the only three guys in the store.

Cool. I actually liked the navy pants that we wore during the Mora fiasco season. It made the navy on the sleeves not seem like such an orphan. Didn't mind it with the road whites either (though the monochrome white still looks better IMO)
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:04 am
  • CANHawk wrote:
    IBleedBlueAndGreen wrote:I spoke with a guy who owns the Seattle Sports Shop across the street from the stadium. We asked him if he knew anything about the new uniforms and he says that the Nike reps already brought him a catalog of the new unis and clothing so that he could make his orders and be ready to begin selling the items as soon as the uniform unveiling took place. He also noted that Nike was VERY VERY secretive about it. They wouldn't let him keep the catalog or any photos of the new stuff, they made him make his two other employees LEAVE THE STORE, and wouldn't even let him pick up his cell phone because they were worried about pictures.

Cool. I actually liked the navy pants that we wore during the Mora fiasco season. It made the navy on the sleeves not seem like such an orphan. Didn't mind it with the road whites either (though the monochrome white still looks better IMO)

I always thought the navy pants on the road would have looked good - I am a fan of 3 tone color scheme though ...
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:27 am
  • I want silver back. Miss it.

I'd like the current blue, a dark green, and silver scheme. Would look great IMO.
    MARTYREDwarner

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am
  • warner28 wrote:I want silver back. Miss it.

I'd like the current blue, a dark green, and silver scheme. Would look great IMO.

Agreed.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:55 am
  • I would love silver to be re-introduced to our uniforms if it had a modern, rich, heavy metallic look to it. I would really love it if we had silver helmets as an alternate to our blues. Deep, rich tones, keep the feathers out of the equation.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:58 am
  • Pure speculation here... If that post about them using navy blue is true... Im wondering if the navyblue they are going to use is the same color as their practice unis?

Ive always liked the practice uni color better than the gameday color and Ive always wondered why they wouldn't use that color instead? it a lot sharper in my opinion.

blue 22
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 am
  • This is similar to the richer, metallic silver color I'm thinking...
    Attachments
    helmets-hjc-snow-men-is-16-metallic-anthracite.jpg
    helmets-hjc-snow-men-is-16-metallic-anthracite.jpg (96.49 KiB) Viewed 2003 times

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 am
  • ^oooh, that's cool.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 am
  • Todd, that color helmet would look amazing with the Seahawk logo over the top of it.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:31 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:Todd, that color helmet would look amazing with the Seahawk logo over the top of it.

Photo shopey people, please make this happen if you have a few moments to spare. i tried, but it keeps coming out looking like something from Tecmo bowl (capturing the bling factor of that paint job is beyond my limited skillset).
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:09 am
  • CANHawk wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:Todd, that color helmet would look amazing with the Seahawk logo over the top of it.

Photo shopey people, please make this happen if you have a few moments to spare. i tried, but it keeps coming out looking like something from Tecmo bowl (capturing the bling factor of that paint job is beyond my limited skillset).

The Photoshop attempt could very well produce a helmet that looks cool and amazing as a stand-alone thing. But it would look seriously goofy when combined with the rest of the uniform.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:40 am

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 am
  • ^^ I think I actually like that, but it kind of does look a like a cowpie uni. Love the huge logo on the sleeves.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 am
  • I didnt know you guys liked to assorize so much.

Please let the belt match the shoes!

Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 am
  • I don't like that Nike template because the sleeves are so goofy (the template in general, not your version). But yeah, that colour on the helmet looks boss.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:56 am
  • I love that color scheme. Would love to see something like that on the field.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:04 pm
  • that is nice! just put the seahawk on the sleeve instead of the under shirt
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:08 pm
  • The real test of the uniform is not how it looks as a concept, but how it looks on a sweaty 350 pound man covered in grass stains.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 pm
  • Man.....do not touch the logo or tweak it. Its perfect how it is.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I didnt know you guys liked to assorize so much.

Please let the belt match the shoes!

assorize? I like that new word.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:28 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:^^ I think I actually like that, but it kind of does look a like a cowpie uni. Love the huge logo on the sleeves.

That is the only thing I don't like about it.

Gaudy.
    MARTYREDwarner

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:33 pm
  • One word: lazers.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 pm
  • MysterMatt wrote:One word: lazers.

From the eyes of the logo? Maybe incorporate an LED or something?

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:38 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    MysterMatt wrote:One word: lazers.

From the eyes of the logo? Maybe incorporate an LED or something?

both
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 pm
  • Aros wrote:Image

I totally dig this! I could take or leave the logo on the sleeve/compression shirt, although in general this uniform concept rocks! Nice job Todd!

Oh, also I think I'd prefer the face mask to be gray.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 pm
  • MysterMatt wrote:One word: lazers.

I just want some frickin "lasers". Is that too much to ask?

CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 pm
  • 12:02
    From danny oneil's chat...

-I don't know when they will be announced.

-I have heard that there will be new uniforms.

-That's about it.

-A fellow on Twitter today who sounded very much like he knew what he was talking about indicated the helmets will remain blue.

-I've heard that the uniforms will be different, but not dramatically different. In effect, that the changed from silver helmets to the current blue was much more dramatic than the change that is expected this time.
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information