Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

New Seahawks Uni in 2012

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. LANGUAGE RATING: PG to NC-17
Re: New Seahawks Uni in 2012
Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Gave it a shot.

Grey sleeves for pink sheets/Also less saturated blue.

Had to go back a couple of pages to find the OP.

This is awesome. Best mockup I've seen by far. I really like the old school look. Kudos.
    Happy
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:19 pm
  • JohnnySeoul wrote:
    Awww...the poor guy. Maybe it's just my age and my generation, but the Boz will always one of my favorite Seahawks. I just wish he would finally admit that Bo Jackson did run him over back in '87.

Why would he admit to something that isn't true?

They made contact at an angle, not head on, Bo slid off to the side, and actually hit the ground first. True Boz didn't stand him up and drive him backwards to save the TD, but in no way did he get 'run over'.

Regardless, Bo in his prime like that was a phenom, no one was stopping him.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:20 pm
  • Yeah Bo ducked him up.

Bo was an absolute freak.
    hawky
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:22 pm
  • Why do our uniforms even have to relate to football? Just let out some basketball or baseball jerseys for football use. We'd be the most unique looking team in the league! And we could have even MORE neon green feathers!
    NCHawk76
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:22 pm
  • warner28 wrote:Oh and I can still party till 6 or 7 a.m. too.

LOL. Yeah, I can every now and then, just seems like I pay for it the next day more than I used to. :)
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:26 pm
  • hawky wrote:Yeah Bo ducked him up.

Bo was an absolute freak.

yea he was really something.

He really took the Seahawks defense to the woodshed in that game. It was a historical performance.
    Happy
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:38 pm
  • Lets get back on topic, Bo Jackson has nothing to do with the hawks new uni's sheesh... J/k
    HawkITup56
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:39 pm
  • I think that game really upset me when it came time to demolish the Kingdome. ESPN Classic had folks vote on the best games held in the dome and then showed them. One was the 95 ALDS against the Yankees and the other was the Bo Jackson game. That seriously ticked me off. ESPN said goodbye to the Seahawks' stadium by showing a freaking Raiders highlight!?
    NCHawk76
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:43 pm
  • HawkITup56 wrote:Lets get back on topic, Bo Jackson has nothing to do with the hawks new uni's sheesh... J/k

Uh oh, it's the uniform thread police!

police-siren-animated.gif
    police-siren-animated.gif (56.14 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
    Happy
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:45 pm
  • I think this thread stopped being about uniforms around 62 pages ago.
    NCHawk76
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:58 pm
  • I really don't get the attraction to matte colors. I could see it as a reaction to being overly chrome/metallic/neon/whatever, but our current unis have not gone overboard in that direction. I like the simple gloss finish on the helmet. If we keep the logo on the helmet, I will be horrified by a matte finish on the helmet. The logo would probably continue to be glossy, right? It had better be.

A glossy logo on a matte helmet would look goofy as hell.
    A matte logo on a matte helmet would be fugly.

About the uniform fabric -- again, I think super-shiny/glossy/loud would be overboard, and I could see the desire for a matte fabric as a pendulum swing if our uniforms were indeed gaudy because of design/color/reflectivity/whatever. But simply as a uniform choice? Not unless everyone else in the NFL had the same matte finishes. In that case, the above uniform would look cool as hell.

However, I spent the better part of two decades in the military, looking at matte material every day. I want my NFL team's uniform to have a little more pizzazz than that, and I don't want the team of the richest owner in the league looking like their uniforms were sewn together by Betsy Ross.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:01 pm
  • - The jersey will be dark blue and the concept will look similar to CougHawk's mockup.

- The helmet will also be dark blue with a grey grill.

- There will be three new jersey's, home-road-alternative. The alternative will be grey.

- The amount of green will be limited to an accent after negative feedback when they went big with the previously used alternative.

- There will be a kind of feather concept somewhere - possibly on the helmet or down the side of the pants.

- There won't be, however, any crazy Oregon-like ideas.

- It will say 'the 12th man' on the inside of the collar.

- Coughawk's photoshop job still beats every other mockup to date.

Johnny says some apparently true... others not. My guess:

True:

- The jersey will be dark blue and the concept will look similar to CougHawk's mockup.

- The helmet will also be dark blue with a grey grill.

- There will be three new jersey's, home-road-alternative. The alternative will be grey.

- There will be a kind of feather concept somewhere - possibly on the helmet or down the side of the pants.

False:

- The amount of green will be limited to an accent after negative feedback when they went big with the previously used alternative.

- There won't be, however, any crazy Oregon-like ideas.

- Coughawk's photoshop job still beats every other mockup to date. (He has to back up his own work, right?)
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:04 pm
  • JohnnySeoul wrote:
    Hawk Finn wrote:Can you confirm which details are inaccurate?

:141847_bnono: ....worth a try though.

pinksheets wrote:POP QUIZ Johnny...

Fill in the blank: [img]___[/img]

:mrgreen:

What is this picture supposed to be?
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:37 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    True:

That was only speculation on my behalf. To be honest, I didn't see anything written inside the collar in the pictures or on the PDF file. But Nike has hinted that all 32 teams will have something written inside the collar, so I just put "The 12th Man" inside the collar for fun.

Seaswab wrote:

What is this picture supposed to be?

Oh, I was just having so fun with the gentleman that requested I place a picture in this post. This shot was taken by the Falcons' equipment manager back in August 2011. It was the 1st prototype from Nike sent to them. It was only to show them the material they may use and not the design.
    JohnnySeoul
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:10 pm
  • ATTN: UNIFORM THREAD

PEYTON MANNING IS CATCHING UP AND GAINING GROUND
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:12 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:I really don't get the attraction to matte colors.

I don't either. I wouldn't mind going a few shades darker, even going full midnight blue would be alright, but I hope the jersey dosn't stray too far from the current look. I'm hopeing the feathers that are being discussed are ghosted into the fabric/helmet and not as 'stripes' (solid shapes) that contrast the main colours.

Shy
    Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical.
    Little Giants (1994) – Steve Emtman
    ShyCheetah
    NET Starter

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:24 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Gave it a shot.

Grey sleeves for pink sheets/Also less saturated blue.

Love this concept! It's like old, old throwback uniforms, but cooler. I would so love this to be our third uniform.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:07 pm
  • All i gotta say is the design better get leaked before the 3rd. I CANT WAIT THAT LONG!
    Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8
    FreshlySnipes
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:35 pm
  • I'm 28 and love the so-called "old school." Nothing's better than a clean, classic look. Sorry Nike.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:41 pm
  • If the alternate is grey I am going to be bummed.
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:45 pm
  • I talked to a guy at my local sporting goods store, and he said he hasn't seen the new jerseys yet and couldn't help me out with any clues as to the design or color scheme. Take it for what it's worth.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:03 pm
  • Fuzzman55 wrote:I'm 28 and love the so-called "old school." Nothing's better than a clean, classic look. Sorry Nike.

Perfectly said.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 pm
  • Naw, i'm not buying jersey if thats anything like our new uni's. That stuff is ridiculous, I'm all for not going all 23rd century in our uniform, but I don't wanna look like a WWII era team either.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:07 pm
  • Hawk Finn wrote:I talked to a guy at my local sporting goods store, and he said he hasn't seen the new jerseys yet and couldn't help me out with any clues as to the design or color scheme. Take it for what it's worth.

Yea, my grandma says she doesnt know whats up with them either. But, she's dillusional half the time so i'll try again later. I'll keep you guys updated for sure.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:10 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Naw, i'm not buying jersey if thats anything like our new uni's. That stuff is ridiculous, I'm all for not going all 23rd century in our uniform, but I don't wanna look like a WWII era team either.

Oh yeah? Well I won't buy a jersey unless it is EXACTLY like what's pictured. SO THERE (sticks out tongue). ;)
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:02 pm
  • Yeah, well, my ex-neighbors daughter's ex-husband's little brother, has a friend that delivers magazines. He says that he over-heard a loud-talking dude (wearing a tie and sport-coat) who was sipping a coffee, while at a Starbucks in Portland three weeks ago. He says the guy was mentioning to the caller that he accidentally screened a guy at work thats big sister works cleaning house for a guy who's brother works for the gardner of the of the main complex at Nike. That dude took a cell phone shot through the window, right before they pulled the shade down and sent it to everybody in his address book one-of-which is my ex-co-workers aunt. She's kinda paranoid so she's not sending it but gave me the email address of another chick she recognized in the distribution list so I emailed her begging to see what she has. She's gonna send me the pic in about three weeks when the heat dies down.

So y'all be patient and I'll hook ya up first week in April or so.
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:05 pm
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Yeah, well, my ex-neighbors daughter's ex-husband's little brother, has a friend that delivers magazines. He says that he over-heard a loud-talking dude (wearing a tie and sport-coat) who was sipping a coffee, while at a Starbucks in Portland three weeks ago. He says the guy was mentioning to the caller that he accidentally screened a guy at work thats big sister works cleaning house for a guy who's brother works for the gardner of the of the main complex at Nike. That dude took a cell phone shot through the window, right before they pulled the shade down and sent it to everybody in his address book one-of-which is my ex-co-workers aunt. She's kinda paranoid so she's not sending it but gave me the email address of another chick she recognized in the distribution list so I emailed her begging to see what she has. She's gonna send me the pic in about three weeks when the heat dies down.

Keep us posted.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:10 pm
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Yeah, well, my ex-neighbors daughter's ex-husband's little brother, has a friend that delivers magazines. He says that he over-heard a loud-talking dude (wearing a tie and sport-coat) who was sipping a coffee, while at a Starbucks in Portland three weeks ago. He says the guy was mentioning to the caller that he accidentally screened a guy at work thats big sister works cleaning house for a guy who's brother works for the gardner of the of the main complex at Nike. That dude took a cell phone shot through the window, right before they pulled the shade down and sent it to everybody in his address book one-of-which is my ex-co-workers aunt. She's kinda paranoid so she's not sending it but gave me the email address of another chick she recognized in the distribution list so I emailed her begging to see what she has. She's gonna send me the pic in about three weeks when the heat dies down.

Hey, I know that guy! (Don't trust him.)
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:22 pm
  • Well I just talked to my neighbor and he is a huge nascar fan. He didn't know anything either but he is a really sharp guy so I asked him to make an educated guess. He thinks there will be a bird image somewhere on the helmet. Take it for what its worth.

More neon!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:33 pm

That's a Troll !!! :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:
    ....I can spot them a mile away !!! ( using my x-ray goggles, of course )
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:46 pm
  • glowingeyedseahawk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Yeah, well, my ex-neighbors daughter's ex-husband's little brother, has a friend that delivers magazines. He says that he over-heard a loud-talking dude (wearing a tie and sport-coat) who was sipping a coffee, while at a Starbucks in Portland three weeks ago. He says the guy was mentioning to the caller that he accidentally screened a guy at work thats big sister works cleaning house for a guy who's brother works for the gardner of the of the main complex at Nike. That dude took a cell phone shot through the window, right before they pulled the shade down and sent it to everybody in his address book one-of-which is my ex-co-workers aunt. She's kinda paranoid so she's not sending it but gave me the email address of another chick she recognized in the distribution list so I emailed her begging to see what she has. She's gonna send me the pic in about three weeks when the heat dies down.

We all know you don't need X-ray specs with that glowing eye! Speaking of which, could we get THAT on the helmet?
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:49 pm
  • Oh man, that would cause all the matte-finish fans to power-puke on their monitors!
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 pm
  • I try to save the "LOL" for when I actually do. And I just did, BT. So, LOL!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:57 pm
  • Is there any way we can combine the uni thread with the Peyton one......??

I heard he's NOT coming to visit Seattle until someone "leaks" a view the the new "threads" !!??

:3-1:
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:27 pm
  • glowingeyedseahawk wrote:Is there any way we can combine the uni thread with the Peyton one......??

I heard he's NOT coming to visit Seattle until someone "leaks" a view the the new "threads" !!??

Another LOL. Nice word choice. But seriously, I don't even know which thread I'm posting in anymore.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:28 pm
  • I'm just glad we are moving away from the seahawk blue and towards the darker color. I always though our practice jersey were great just add a seahawk logo and some green and we are good.

The seahawk blue really messed up the merchandise as they could never get the color right. I like the Navy, Grey(Silver), Lime scheme.

I don't care how they turn out I know i'm buying at least one Jersey. Probably a Lynch and a E.Thomas Jersey this year.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:16 am
  • i know a person in Beaverton, told me the hawks will be "flabbergasted" at the new change...
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:34 am
  • glowingeyedseahawk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Yeah, well, my ex-neighbors daughter's ex-husband's little brother, has a friend that delivers magazines. He says that he over-heard a loud-talking dude (wearing a tie and sport-coat) who was sipping a coffee, while at a Starbucks in Portland three weeks ago. He says the guy was mentioning to the caller that he accidentally screened a guy at work thats big sister works cleaning house for a guy who's brother works for the gardner of the of the main complex at Nike. That dude took a cell phone shot through the window, right before they pulled the shade down and sent it to everybody in his address book one-of-which is my ex-co-workers aunt. She's kinda paranoid so she's not sending it but gave me the email address of another chick she recognized in the distribution list so I emailed her begging to see what she has. She's gonna send me the pic in about three weeks when the heat dies down.

Hey man, did you just call me a troll?

Somebody needs to cuddle-up with a nice, hot, cup of cocoa, and their blankie...
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:40 am
  • April 3rd? These things better get leaked before than!
    the ditch
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:24 am
  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    glowingeyedseahawk wrote:Is there any way we can combine the uni thread with the Peyton one......??

Another LOL. Nice word choice. But seriously, I don't even know which thread I'm posting in anymore.

I bet we dont sign Peyton Manning because were not able to get a helmet big enough for his freaking head.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:47 am
  • As a random tidbit of info, the New Era caps that are being made for the draft are up on facebook.. https://www.facebook.com/neweracaps?sk= ... 6773558886 But to save you the time of forcing that crap down your face, iIf you 'like' them you get the full list showing all the teams caps for the draft but interestingly the Seahawks (and Panthers) are 'coming soon' and are blacked out. Now we know the Panthers have a new logo but will the Seahawks be different in logo or oclour enough that they can't show them.. hmmm
    HighlandHawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:49 am
  • HighlandHawk wrote:As a random tidbit of info, the New Era caps that are being made for the draft are up on facebook.. https://www.facebook.com/neweracaps?sk= ... 6773558886 But to save you the time of forcing that crap down your face, iIf you 'like' them you get the full list showing all the teams caps for the draft but interestingly the Seahawks (and Panthers) are 'coming soon' and are blacked out. Now we know the Panthers have a new logo but will the Seahawks be different in logo or oclour enough that they can't show them.. hmmm

Well logo should be the same. Nike already leaked their NFL gloves for next year, and the 'hawks logo was on them. The only change was the color of the light blue on the bottom left quarter.
    Reggie Dunlop
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:00 am
  • Reggie Dunlop wrote:Nike already leaked their NFL gloves for next year, and the 'hawks logo was on them. The only change was the color of the light blue on the bottom left quarter.

:34853_doh:
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:03 am
  • Reggie Dunlop wrote:
    HighlandHawk wrote:As a random tidbit of info, the New Era caps that are being made for the draft are up on facebook.. https://www.facebook.com/neweracaps?sk= ... 6773558886 But to save you the time of forcing that crap down your face, iIf you 'like' them you get the full list showing all the teams caps for the draft but interestingly the Seahawks (and Panthers) are 'coming soon' and are blacked out. Now we know the Panthers have a new logo but will the Seahawks be different in logo or oclour enough that they can't show them.. hmmm

Well logo should be the same. Nike already leaked their NFL gloves for next year, and the 'hawks logo was on them. The only change was the color of the light blue on the bottom left quarter.

:pukeface:

Ugghhhh...not this again. That is NOT accurate. The gloves that were "leaked" were done for the Pro Bowl. And I don't even want to get into the different opinions of color, lighting, shading, etc because everyone is seeing different things.

Nike's contract doesn't start until next month, so they can't "LEAK" anything especially in an official release like that.

Man, April 3rd can't get here soon enough! At least this week free agency starts and we can turn our attention to real football talk,
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:14 am
  • The gloves at the pro bowl have nothing to do with how our logo will look for 2012. If our logo was the same, they would have unveiled the hat. Its changing somehow, I have a feeling the colors are a bit different, but the NIke gloves having nothing to do with anything. The logo on the glove was the same logo we had last year.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:25 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Reggie Dunlop wrote:
    HighlandHawk wrote:As a random tidbit of info, the New Era caps that are being made for the draft are up on facebook.. https://www.facebook.com/neweracaps?sk= ... 6773558886 But to save you the time of forcing that crap down your face, iIf you 'like' them you get the full list showing all the teams caps for the draft but interestingly the Seahawks (and Panthers) are 'coming soon' and are blacked out. Now we know the Panthers have a new logo but will the Seahawks be different in logo or oclour enough that they can't show them.. hmmm

:pukeface:

Ugghhhh...not this again. That is NOT accurate. The gloves that were "leaked" were done for the Pro Bowl. And I don't even want to get into the different opinions of color, lighting, shading, etc because everyone is seeing different things.

Nike's contract doesn't start until next month, so they can't "LEAK" anything especially in an official release like that.

Man, April 3rd can't get here soon enough! At least this week free agency starts and we can turn our attention to real football talk,

So what about the Panthers' logo that surfaced through those gloves?

http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-content/u ... s-logo.jpg

Regardless of when their contract does start, Nike DID "leak" something through their official release. Stands to reason to think the logo on the Seahawks gloves, regardless of color, lighting, shading etc. will be the one for the upcoming 2012 season. All I was telling Highlandhawk is we shouldn't expect anything drastic by Nike not showing off the Draft caps for the Seahawks.
    Reggie Dunlop
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:31 am
  • Logo changes are completely unrelated to the Nike/Reebok contracts. Nike did not design the Panthers logo. The timing just happened to coincide.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:41 am
  • Hawk Finn wrote:Logo changes are completely unrelated to the Nike/Reebok contracts. Nike did not design the Panthers logo. The timing just happened to coincide.

Yup. The Panthers redesigned and allowed Nike to use the new logo on the gloves.

Nike did not redesign the Panthers logo.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:52 am
  • Well here is new pin from Aminco International, the reason I bring it up is because a) It's new stock, and b) It shows our secondary color on the logo as silver, while every single other product(ear rings, older pins, ect.) have the correct color scheme(with the exception of their monochrome pieces, which this obviously is not).

So maybe the lighter blue is being changed to Silver to match the reported 'white replaced with silver' trimmings?

DericLee
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information