Current Coaching Staff 2010 (UPDATED 10:00pm 1/25/10)

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
  • Head Coach - Pete Carroll OFFICIAL

Offensive Coordinator - Jeremy Bates (former USC OC) OFFICIAL
    Offensive Line - Alex Gibbs (former Houston Texans offensive assistant) OFFICIAL
    *NEW* Asst. Offensive Line - Art Valero (former Stl Rams Offensive Line Coach) - OFFICIAL
    Quarterbacks - Jedd Fisch (U of Minnesota OC, worked with Bates as WR Coach in Den) OFFICIAL
    Wide Receivers - Kippy Brown (former U of Tennessee WR coach and Detroit Lions assistant HC) OFFICIAL
    Running Backs - Sherman Smith (former Redskins OC) OFFICIAL
    Tight Ends - Pat McPherson (former Broncos QB/TE coach, out of FB in '09) OFFICIAL

Defensive Coordinator - Gus Bradley (retained by Pete Carroll) OFFICIAL
    Linebackers - Ken Norton Jr. (former USC LB Coach) OFFICIAL
    Defensive Line - Dan Quinn (current Seahawks DL coach) OFFICIAL
    Defensive Backs - Jerry Gray (former Redskins DB Coach- contract expired) OFFICIAL

Special Teams Coordinator - Brian Schneider (former USC ST Coach) - OFFICIAL

*NEW* Strength and Conditioning -Chris Carlisle (former USC Stength/Conditioning Coach - OFFICIAL

Note: The hawks have also had positions of Asst. OL, Asst. DB and Asst. ST the last couple of years. It is unclear if those positions will be kept or eliminated.
    Last edited by IBleedBlueAndGreen on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 24 times in total.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• If you are going to keep updating your list, it would be cool if next to their name you put a link to the source that names it official.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• I wonder if Walker might actually be the DB coach with Bradley sticking as DC? Walker also started out as a DB coach. Maybe Walker gets "assistant DC" or something.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• I heard Ruel is out now...Danny O relayed this tidbit an hour or so ago...
    heffmanhere
    NET Veteran

• Can you also post who is released/kept from the hawks staff when it comes out?
    CurryNation
    NET Rookie

• Jazzhawk posted that Q13 reported at the presser that Quinn was sticking around as the DL coach
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran

• Brennan Carroll (PC's son) is quality control coach FYI
    heffmanhere
    NET Veteran

• and Chris Carlisle Strength and Conditioning Coach
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• Floridahawk79 wrote:and Chris Carlisle Strength and Conditioning Coach

Is there a link for this? I want to celebrate appropriately.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:
    Floridahawk79 wrote:and Chris Carlisle Strength and Conditioning Coach

Seahawkaddicts ..I think yesterday.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:
    Floridahawk79 wrote:and Chris Carlisle Strength and Conditioning Coach

I posted these yesterday:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11057
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Bruce Feldman of ESPN -- who wrote a totally great book called "The Meat Market" that anyone who likes college football should read -- said he's heard that USC special-teams coordinator Ryan Schneider is heading north.

This is at the bottom of the Alex Gibbs uncut piece.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/
    Waterhawk1
    NET Rookie

• This community is just so great. I swear I came here tonight to request that EXACTLY this thread would get started.

I'm very excited about Bates and Gibbs. The others I don't have much of an opinion. Better to feel good about the offense and questionable about the defense when you have a decidedly defensive head coach, I guess.
    We want the ball and we're gonna score.
    LawHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm excited about Bates:

"Jeremy is brilliant," said Titans offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger, who recommended Bates to Shanahan in Denver after working with him on the Jets. "He's very imaginative. He comes up with a different game plan every week. He does a great job of changing the formations. He diagnoses well."

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=268647

Looks like Gibbs is even more official then the time of Carroll's presser:

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=275&sid=269297

Carroll seems to already constructed a better staff than what Mora had, and he is not even done yet
    Stepping before the cameras, Hasselbeck noticed that ESPN was present.

“Look at this,” he cracked. “I didn’t know you guys covered the CFL.”
    Bprez3
    NET Rookie

• A-Dog wrote:I wonder if Walker might actually be the DB coach with Bradley sticking as DC? Walker also started out as a DB coach. Maybe Walker gets "assistant DC" or something.

Why would Walker leave a head coaching position in the college ranks just to become a DB Coach?
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Maybe theyre waiting to use some of that Paul Allen money to steal Gregg Williams away.

Maybe it leaked before Walker could talk to his AD.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• Love the addition of Ken Norton, Jr. as Linebackers Coach! I was hoping that was his slot, and not DC. I'd like to see more experience before that happened.

I'm skeptical about the OL coaching position. I'm torn between fresh blood and wanting to see Solari have a crack at it with a different head coach. I heard so many good things about him coming in.

All in all, there are a lot of college coaches here - which is very interesting, and a little scary. It would be nice to see some NFL experience come in along with that college staff, as things are just a bit different in the pros. We'll see when it all gets said and done, but for now, some good moves, I think.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Gibbs says he is coming to Seattle and he is coaching the O-line.

Alex Gibbs wrote:“I know I am going to be coaching the offensive line for Seattle,” Gibbs told KRIV-TV in Houston. “Other than that I don’t know anything else. If I’m the assistant head coach fine. If I’m not, fine. I know I am going to coach the offensive line.”
    We want the ball and we're gonna score.
    LawHawk
    NET Veteran

• Everything I read and hear on Gibbs says that basically this guy is "THE GUY" on Offensive lineman, however it also says he does more with smaller lineman. That may spell a shipping off of spencer, wahle and some of the other "bigger" lineman, to make room for smaller, stronger, more agile lineman to get to the second level for our shitty run game!
    BigSquawks 51
    NET Bench Warmer

• BigSquawks 51 wrote:Everything I read and hear on Gibbs says that basically this guy is "THE GUY" on Offensive lineman, however it also says he does more with smaller lineman. That may spell a shipping off of spencer, wahle and some of the other "bigger" lineman, to make room for smaller, stronger, more agile lineman to get to the second level for our shitty run game!

I agree. (wahle shipped himself off)

We will see more guys like Brandon Frye brought in.

BTW, our own Brandon Frye was brought into the NFL by Gibbs.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• HawkFan72 wrote:
    BigSquawks 51 wrote:Everything I read and hear on Gibbs says that basically this guy is "THE GUY" on Offensive lineman, however it also says he does more with smaller lineman. That may spell a shipping off of spencer, wahle and some of the other "bigger" lineman, to make room for smaller, stronger, more agile lineman to get to the second level for our shitty run game!

I agree. (wahle shipped himself off)

We will see more guys like Brandon Frye brought in.

BTW, our own Brandon Frye was brought into the NFL by Gibbs.

I hope to see more of him last year. He didn't too badly, IIRC, when thrown into the fray. Pity he got hurt so we could've gotten an extended look.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:All in all, there are a lot of college coaches here - which is very interesting, and a little scary.

A little?
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy" - Josey Wales
    OldKingDoom
    NET Veteran

• Does anyone know which of the present coaching staff has been canned or were they all canned along with Mora?
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• The only official subtraction I have seen up to this point in time has been Jim Mora.

The only official addition I have seen up to this point in time has been Pete Carroll.

At least those are the only changes made over at seahawks.com
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• BigSquawks 51 wrote:Everything I read and hear on Gibbs says that basically this guy is "THE GUY" on Offensive lineman, however it also says he does more with smaller lineman. That may spell a shipping off of spencer, wahle and some of the other "bigger" lineman, to make room for smaller, stronger, more agile lineman to get to the second level for our shitty run game!

Kinda hard to ship off Wahle when he's retired.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• jammerhawk wrote:Does anyone know which of the present coaching staff has been canned or were they all canned along with Mora?

I'm sure ( please, please god! ) we can count Knapp out. Talk about addition by subtraction!
    dusktreader
    NET Starter

• I'm still waiting on a callback on one of our defensive coaches who hasn't been given his fate yet. My assumption is that he'll be interviewing with Pete this week sometime. The thing that really irks me, is that Lil Jim walks away with his 12 million bucks and he's griping on the radio about the whole deal because HE supposedly was "lied to" and blahbedy blah. The assistants were on one year deals for the most part, and are SOL due to his ineptitude in bringing in Knapp. That's what it boils down to for me. If he had gone outside of his own little egocentric world he could have prevented a lot of heartache for some good coaches. I think a good OC gets us 7 or 8 wins. But Jim gets to get paid and sit at home. Nice gig. Screwed the others though. Jerk.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• I just hope he doesn't teach them how to be divas like Brandon Marshall.
    Kooshster
    NET Starter

• I hear that Dan Quinn is one of the finalist for the DC job and that Jerry Gray from the Redskins has been requested by the Seahawks to talk about taking the DC job here, according to the NFLN La Confora (John or Juan or Jason ... hee hee ...). Saw it on the old Scout site, it was JLC's twitter page.

Here is that link: http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/7733690086
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• DC possibility Walker is listed in the first post in this thread as being former NMS University HC? I don't believe he has left/quit/been fired (yet anyways), FYI
    heffmanhere
    NET Veteran

• heffmanhere wrote:DC possibility Walker is listed in the first post in this thread as being former NMS University HC? I don't believe he has left/quit/been fired (yet anyways), FYI

Corrected. Thanks.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• Keep in mind that Dan Quinn is a 3-4 guy. If he gets the job, do we switch over even if Carroll is a 4-3 guy?
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... aff_1.html

Coaching staff updates

Posted by Danny O'Neil

The overhaul of Seattle's offensive coaching staff will apparently be complete as none of the assistants from last year's staff are expected to be retained.

Jeremy Bates is expected to be the coordinator, Jedd Fisch of Minnesota likely to coach quarterbacks and Alex Gibbs will coach the offensive line and serve as associate head coach.

Mike Solari's only opportunity to stay on staff was as tight ends coach, a position that didn't fit for him.

Who will fill the spots at tight ends, receivers and running backs coach is not known right now.

On defense, Dan Quinn is expected to be retained, and there's still a chance Gus Bradley will stay on staff. The Seahawks are looking for a defensive coordinator as DeWayne Washington Walker appears ready to stay at New Mexico State. Also, on special teams, Brian Schneider is coming up from USC to fill the role Bruce DeHaven held the past three seasons.
    gonzhawk
    NET Veteran

• Well, those wanting to go the route of 'blow this thing up and start over' should be happy.
    Anguish
    * NET Developer *

• I'm wondering (pure speculation) if there is a defensive mind on a current playoff team that PC is targeting...this could be a coordinator or perhaps not...anyone one know some body in the current playoff mix who has decent ties to PC who would come here to join him?
    heffmanhere
    NET Veteran

• I'd like to see Bradley and Quinn stay on board. I've read nothing but good things about them. I'm pretty happy with the staff Carroll has put together so far, seems that at the very least, he knows how to surround himself with successful people.
    nightbringer
    NET Practice Squad

• Please help me out. Why is Dan Quinn being retained. Didn't our Defensive Line stink? They weren't coupled with injuries. Am I missing something?
    3Girls'HawkDad
    NET Practice Squad

• 3Girls'HawkDad wrote:Please help me out. Why is Dan Quinn being retained. Didn't our Defensive Line stink? They weren't coupled with injuries. Am I missing something?

I think it depends on how you look at it. They were decent against the run. They had trouble getting sacks on the QB, but they were pretty good getting pressure and QB hits. As a whole the D line was asked to do something that they didn't excel at (this year) which is having 4 down lineman be the only pass rush. Like a lot of people have pointed out, if we had blitzed a little bit more (especially up the gut) our D line would have looked much better.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• HawksFTW wrote:
    3Girls'HawkDad wrote:Like a lot of people have pointed out, if we had blitzed a little bit more (especially up the gut) our D line would have looked much better.

Wait a minute...blitzing up the gut is legal???? I don't there's been a Seahawks defensive coach that's known that for the past half decade!

IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• Defensive Coordinator: Gus Bradley.
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

• Who is our "Coach Guru" here at the NET? Could someone provide the Pro's and Con's of each coach once everyone is in place and provide a overview of what we can expect to be the same or different for next years season....all speculative of course.....thanks in advance.
    Beer, Football, Family=A wonderful life.
    Hawknight
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

• 3Girls'HawkDad wrote:Please help me out. Why is Dan Quinn being retained. Didn't our Defensive Line stink? They weren't coupled with injuries. Am I missing something?

....and why is Gus Bradley being given "A free pass" and retained???? He should have been the 3rd coach fired after Mora and Knapp!!!!!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    3Girls'HawkDad wrote:Please help me out. Why is Dan Quinn being retained. Didn't our Defensive Line stink? They weren't coupled with injuries. Am I missing something?

....and why is Gus Bradley being given "A free pass" and retained???? He should have been the 3rd coach fired after Mora and Knapp!!!!!

Bradley hands were tied behind his back all year long. They were running Mora's schemes, and yes they were very unsuccessful. And really the same should be true again this year with Bradley as DC and running Carroll schemes. Don't think this is a bad move at all.

IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• If the players respect Bradley then that speaks volumes, because they didn't respect Mora or Knapp. As far as I could tell Gus is a bright guy that was stuck in a horrible situation, and I am guessing if he had it to do over he never would have taken the job with Mora in the first place. He was sold a fraudulent bill of goods in my view.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• SharkHawk wrote:If the players respect Bradley then that speaks volumes, because they didn't respect Mora or Knapp. As far as I could tell Gus is a bright guy that was stuck in a horrible situation, and I am guessing if he had it to do over he never would have taken the job with Mora in the first place. He was sold a fraudulent bill of goods in my view.

So was it Bradley you were speaking about or some other defensive coach who wasn't sure if they were in or out? Or some other less visible defensive coach/aide?
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Bradley and Quinn had nothing to work with on the defensive line. I'm not sure whose boneheaded idea it was to move Mebane to the 3-tech or to keep constantly rotating players in a vain attempt to keep offenses guessing. I imagine Kerney's constant inclusion on the line was due to the size of his contract, which would have been a decision above either's heads.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Loving the new staff, keep it up Carroll.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• SharkHawk wrote:If the players respect Bradley then that speaks volumes, because they didn't respect Mora or Knapp. As far as I could tell Gus is a bright guy that was stuck in a horrible situation, and I am guessing if he had it to do over he never would have taken the job with Mora in the first place. He was sold a fraudulent bill of goods in my view.

Seriously? You couldn't have posted at 4:19 or 4:21? Did you plan this post or was it karma? :P
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Next

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information