Open Welcome Letter from .NET to Pete Carroll

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
  • Coach Pete...

First thing to do is to move Training Camp back to Cheney, and get the fight back that happens after that kind of Boot Camp for the Team and the Fans.... If you move training camp back to Cheney, you'll be on your way to a Super Bowl Championship! Please do this!!
    Looking For That One Particular Habor....
    Hawkboi
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

• Coach,

Show us what a championship feels like! Alaska supports you.

JW
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• Dear pete, Please call Reggie Bush and tell him that by him coming to Seattle, you 2 will be even for keeping his getting paid while playing at U.S.C. a seceret. Oh and tell Joe McNight to come here as an unsigned free agent also.
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

• I just want to tell you what you said that got me even more excited and that was...

"We have the best home field advantage and we need to make sure we take advantage of that by speeding things up off the edge"e

"We have a QB that we can win with now, we just have to build out the supporting cast around him"

Thanks for being our new coach :!:

Go Hawks
    Huge Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Hey Coach Carroll, I have been a fan of your work for some time and I was very excited about you coming to the Seahawks. I have to say my 23 year old son was listening to me spout off about how everything was absolutely going to get better for the hawks next year. He was responding with the usual yeh yeh in your dreams Dad until I mentioned your name. He kept saying no way, no way. Once convinced it was for real, he apologized for giving me such a hard time (could have been the first time ever).

Coach if you can make your system work in the NFL, were in for one heck of a ride. Welcome to the Northwest, and welcome to the home of the 12th man - the best fans in the world!

I can't wait for the first game next year, man that is going to be exciting!
    He Could Go All The Way!!!!
    HawksFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• Coach Carroll,

After hearing the news of your negotiations with Mr. W., I was somewhat skeptical about hiring a college coach. After the last two years of disaster in Seattle, I was looking for a rock to build our team around. After researching your past a bit and watching your press conference, my opinion has changed. I appreciate your enthusiasm and hope for this team. I appreciate how quickly and seriously you embraced this opportunity. I appreciate the obvious energy that you bring, and I know that you will require that in your players. In 2005, the Seahawks ( including their 12th man ) got a taste of Super Bowl glory. We are hungry for that glory to return. Like many others have said before me, I have never felt so excited about the future of Seahawk football. Please take this team and mold it. Rally our fans, coaches, and players around a single cause. Let's bring excellence back to Seattle Football. I am very eager to watch you mold this team this offseason, during the draft, throughout training camp, and into next season. Welcome to the organization!

Tucker A. Beck
    dusktreader
    NET Starter

• Coach -

Just Do It.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Welcome Coach Carroll!!!

Tip: Matt Hasselbeck can be a bit spastic at times. Learn how to calm him down, in the way Holmgren did, and you and the team will reap the rewards. If not; i.e. Jim Mora & co., well, he has a tendency to play frenzied.

Go Hawks!!!
    Last edited by 652cHAWK on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

• Dear Pete,

please understand that with the last two seasons going the way they have, your honeymoon here will be short.
    also understand that most fans here started being fans during the midst of a winning season and a shiny new stadium and as such, are not accustomed to "dog years". they also have a habit of rearranging history. win big and people will raise their children to believe you were the litteral second coming of jesus christ. lose and everything bad that ever happens will be blamed on you facts be damned [see deon branch "you know where to find me" comments].
    also understand that most of these fans honestly believe they can run the team better than you despite having a limited amount of actual football knowledge. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM.
    they will want you to trade everybody then blame you if these traded players and they do well on another team,
    they will want you to commit to the run ON A WEST COAST OFFENSE (if you don't understand the irony in that, your stay here will be short),
    they will swear matt hasslebeck is too old then point to kurt warner and brett favre as qb's they want, or funnier still a young qb when he is doing well (but will look the other way when his rookie is showing).
    just treat them like your kid with add. win and they will go to games and cheer.

hang in there.
    OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF THE TJACK FANCLUB: Yeah thats right i said it!
    this our official theme song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2-rN-98kFQ
    ballerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Welcome to Seattle, Coach Pete. And congratulations. I hope you embrace the Seahawks as we all on this board have. Seahawk Nation stretches far and wide and we are a proud and faithful fanbase. We all hope you have greatest time of your life as The Head Coach of The Seattle Seahawks.
    rawkhawk
    NET Starter

• ballerhawk wrote:Dear Pete,

please understand that with the last two seasons going the way they have, your honeymoon here will be short.
    also understand that most fans here started being fans during the midst of a winning season and a shiny new stadium and as such, are not accustomed to "dog years". they also have a habit of rearranging history. win big and people will raise their children to believe you were the litteral second coming of jesus christ. lose and everything bad that ever happens will be blamed on you facts be damned [see deon branch "you know where to find me" comments].
    also understand that most of these fans honestly believe they can run the team better than you despite having a limited amount of actual football knowledge. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM.
    they will want you to trade everybody then blame you if these traded players and they do well on another team,
    they will want you to commit to the run ON A WEST COAST OFFENSE (if you don't understand the irony in that, your stay here will be short),
    they will swear matt hasslebeck is too old then point to kurt warner and brett favre as qb's they want, or funnier still a young qb when he is doing well (but will look the other way when his rookie is showing).
    just treat them like your kid with add. win and they will go to games and cheer.

hang in there.

given the opportunity to actually possibly communicate with Pete Carroll, you make a post like this and then ironically, insult others' intelligence around here. WOW.
    ariel9302
    NET Veteran

• Welcome Coach,

We're happy to have you and excited for the future of Seahawks football. We're a great fan-base that stretches across the nation, we're ready for a competitive team, we're ready for a winning team. We know you'll give us everything you've got, and we will reciprocate. As fans, we love to be "in the know," to be a part of the Seahawks 365 days a year. The 12th Man is here for you, now let's get it started!

Sincerely,

J.H. Adams
    RockinHawks
    NET Starter

• Lets bump this and take a look 4 years later...
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Previous

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information