Da Raaaiiiidddderrrrs

pehawk

Reaction score
So, what do we know about the Raiders, aside that all their fans are meth-addicts and live in double-wides?

In general I came away from the 2010 game, in Oakland, with a general sympathy for their players and staff. In no way, shape, or form should ANY NFL team be allowed to play in that stadium. The only way I can describe it is; pretend the Kingdome was built in 1962, peel off the roof, and keep all the video and in-stadium "perks" at a 1985 level. It's an embarrassment that they play in such a shithole. As a fan of the NFL, I find it unfathomable that Rog and friends allowed that to happen. I understand Al was enemies to the league for awhile, but, c'mon. No professional football player or coach should be subjected to that. Especially under this new CBA, the Raiders will never be able to compete until that team gets a new deal or relocates.

I've watched a few of their games this year, and while they're not good, by any stretch, they're scrappy.

That defense especially is doing a good job of keeping things respectable. I've seen Mack flash some moments of awesomeness.

Offensively the Raiders have a couple solid "#2" WR's, but, that's really it. Carr seems to be the real deal, IMO.

I do have a knowledgeable Raiders fan coming over to tell us a little more. But if any of you watch them, or can speak to them, please do.

XOXO

Marc Wilson

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Imagine if we swapped Marshawn for McFadden and we had to try to contain BEASTMODE this weekend.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I sure hope Lynch gets a chance to play for the Raiders next year, if they're still in Oakland.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Watched two of their games this year, scrappy is the perfect word. Generally like what I've seen from Carr and having a positive TD/Int ratio on that team is impressive. Despite the record they're going about being a terrible team much better than the Jags and Bucs, and I think they'd be capable of beating both of them, it's a shame for them they have a really nasty schedule and will probably go 0-16.

The good news is that if Carr continues to show something, they could get some nice draft capital by trading away the #1 pick for a team desperate for Mariota. Their situation's really not as horrible as it appears, I could conceivably see them being a .500 team in a couple of seasons (which would be impressive in that division).

This week I think they're getting blown out. I never like a rookie QB's chances in our stadium, although Glennon performed admirably last year.

JonRud

Reaction score
I am no Raiders fan but it's really too bad they have been so awful forever. the NFL would be so much more interesting with a good Raiders team. I used to get so fired up for Raiders vs. Seahawks game back in the 80's and 90's.

seanoob

Reaction score
I know that they have not won yet, but didn't they play the chargers and the patriots to one score losses? (I think both were away games). Hope the hawks come to kick butt on sunday.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pehawk":kc92bqse said:
I sure hope Lynch gets a chance to play for the Raiders next year, if they're still in Oakland.

While ending up in Oakland certainly makes sense in the surface, I'd be worried about Shawn being able to keep his head on straight down there. Let's face it, most of his friends down there didn't make it to the League. I'd hope he'd be able to avoid the temptations because I'd hate to see his story have an unhappy ending.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3dcnavej said:
Watched two of their games this year, scrappy is the perfect word. Generally like what I've seen from Carr and having a positive TD/Int ratio on that team is impressive. Despite the record they're going about being a terrible team much better than the Jags and Bucs, and I think they'd be capable of beating both of them, it's a shame for them they have a really nasty schedule and will probably go 0-16.

I think that can be attributed to the fact they have some good vet leadership. IIRC, the Raiders HAD to spend to get in compliance. So, they have some pricey vets/names from 2008.

JonRud":3dcnavej said:
I am no Raiders fan but it's really too bad they have been so awful forever. the NFL would be so much more interesting with a good Raiders team. I used to get so fired up for Raiders vs. Seahawks game back in the 80's and 90's.

All the NFL's fault, IMO. Al pissed them off so much, they let a professional team play in a worse circumstance than non power-5 NCAA schools. That's no stretch.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":w8qvz4br said:
pehawk":w8qvz4br said:

While ending up in Oakland certainly makes sense in the surface, I'd be worried about Shawn being able to keep his head on straight down there. Let's face it, most of his friends down there didn't make it to the League. I'd hope he'd be able to avoid the temptations because I'd hate to see his story have an unhappy ending.

Girl...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Have I told you lately that you've been missed dearly by myself and the masses peaches?

Largent80

Reaction score
I would say this is a Hawk trap game, but you have to believe that since we aren't exactly setting the world on fire that it really isn't a trap.

Hopefully these guys remember that football is supposed to be fun. Watching yesterdays game was NOT fun for me until the end of it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
God no. Yesterday's game was not fun AT ALL. Well, not until the last 2 minutes of the game. Most of the game felt like I was placed in a time machine watching the hapless Hawks of old.

I'm still trying to get that taste out of my mouth.

jake206

Reaction score
Hypothetically if Lynch got traded to the Raiders by Tuesday's deadline. Do you think he'd play against us? Would be hella weird if he did. Legion of Boom vs. Beastmode.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
The Raiders will always be our true enemy from the bay area. I hope we pulverize them 43-8.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Carr seems like the type of QB that always gives the Seahawks fits.

You know, the young QB with lots of talent that the rest of the league can beat but the Seahawks can't? Seems like we get burned by those every year.

JonRud

Reaction score
Aros":22ymymtw said:
God no. Yesterday's game was not fun AT ALL. Well, not until the last 2 minutes of the game. Most of the game felt like I was placed in a time machine watching the hapless Hawks of old.

me too.

It seems like a lifetime ago that we destroyed the Packers and beat the Broncos. October has not been a good month.

grizbob

Reaction score
Don't hate them like I used to since the death of Al Davis, but I still don't like em :twisted:

Greenhell

Reaction score
Aros":1uem2foj said:

Totally this. I was thinking to myself, "why does it feel like I'm watching early 90s Seahawk football?" :pukeface:

Greenhell

Reaction score
pehawk":5lu7zek8 said:
So, what do we know about the Raiders, aside that all their fans are meth-addicts and live in double-wides?

In general I came away from the 2010 game, in Oakland, with a general sympathy for their players and staff. In no way, shape, or form should ANY NFL team be allowed to play in that stadium. The only way I can describe it is; pretend the Kingdome was built in 1962, peel off the roof, and keep all the video and in-stadium "perks" at a 1985 level. It's an embarrassment that they play in such a shithole. As a fan of the NFL, I find it unfathomable that Rog and friends allowed that to happen. I understand Al was enemies to the league for awhile, but, c'mon. No professional football player or coach should be subjected to that. Especially under this new CBA, the Raiders will never be able to compete until that team gets a new deal or relocates.

I've watched a few of their games this year, and while they're not good, by any stretch, they're scrappy.

That defense especially is doing a good job of keeping things respectable. I've seen Mack flash some moments of awesomeness.

Offensively the Raiders have a couple solid "#2" WR's, but, that's really it. Carr seems to be the real deal, IMO.

I do have a knowledgeable Raiders fan coming over to tell us a little more. But if any of you watch them, or can speak to them, please do.

XOXO

Marc Wilson

To this day, Todd Christiansens mustache still sobs over that Oakland team and what once was.