This Team is mentally tired

canadian seahawker

Reaction score
I think this team is mentally tired, simple plays, catches, and tackles not happening. staff will recognize this and scale it back a bit. just my opinion. Tough win today. GO HAWKS !!!

hawkfannj

Reaction score
With winning a Super Bowl and every person on the planet wants you and your time . They kinda didn't have a true offseason

kobebryant

Reaction score
I've kind of thought that that may be a thing too. The Super Bowl seems like only yesterday, and it is only human nature to have a tough time ratcheting it all the way back up again. It's almost like they're still in their refractory period.

That said, the purging of Harvin from the locker room in combination with increased roles for young energetic dudes like Richardson, Norwood, Turbin, Michael, Helfet and Willson could really help.

It was an ugly game, but a beautiful win. That game winner, breaking tackles, plunging into the endzone TD by Willson really could be a seminal moment of rejuvenation. A close win with that many mistakes really shouldn't feel as good and meaningful as this does. With the Willson TD and the Irvin sacks you could just feel the juice being re-injected into the squad. Wouldn't shock me if a few straight opponents get blown off the field by the Hawks in the following weeks.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1a75bcwn said:
With winning a Super Bowl and every person on the planet wants you and your time . They kinda didn't have a true offseason

This, is what is called the Super Bowl Hangover.

Shorter off season

Less time to recover from injuries and surgeries

The media and appearance thing as stated

Lots of negativity from everyone that wants to tear down what you have built

Loss of players from a winner with all the above, integration of new players to fill shoes that are enormous with all the mediots throwing the players that exited in their face in comparison.

Tougher schedule since your the winner

Our situation

Changed emphasis of rules

Had a large amount of injuries out of the gate, which could be attributed to what I stated above with a shorter off season and less rest and ability to heal.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
The Superbowl hangover is a very real thing, especially in the salary cap era.

We haven't seen a team repeat since the Patriots. It's always been pretty tough to do but even more so in the last 12+ years. It's a grind and it takes it toll just winning it once.

When you're the defending champions everyone wants to bust you in the mouth and give you their absolute best. It grinds on even the best of teams.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":21ud4qcr said:
When you're the defending champions everyone wants to bust you in the mouth and give you their absolute best. It grinds on even the best of teams.

It's very true. Not to make it an excuse but I am not sure we were prepared for getting every team's best shot. Sure, we heard it would happen but to hear it and live it are two totally different things.

I'm okay with it. Bring your best shot! If we can't beat you, that's on us, injuries or not.

4-3. Meh.

I expect to be 6-3 in two weeks but we will see.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think we're mentally tired.

I do think that these player's were maybe reading a little too many of their own "OMG THE HAWKS DYNASTY!!!" press clippings and media fawning all over them..........and the certainly weren't ready for getting every team's best game.

You could see it in their eyes in the SD and Dallas game, almost surprised or bewildered when they were getting done to them what they were used to doing to other teams.

Latest posts