Bruce Irvin

Atradees

Reaction score
Interesting how Irvin was bouncing prior to the ball being snapped. Is that a legal maneuver?

Or most games is that a penalty? Seemed he drew a Panther off sides with it once.

OP
OP
F

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
Atradees":362orsgi said:
Interesting how Irvin was bouncing prior to the ball being snapped. Is that a legal maneuver?

Or most games is that a penalty? Seemed he drew a Panther off sides with it once.
Meh ima say ge way just feeling good back down in his stance where he belongs

Largent80

Reaction score
He looked possessed on that last stand. He was jitterbugging and gettin it done.

I LOVE it..... :179417:

OP
OP
F

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":35ncf7ds said:
Bruce Irvin does more harm than good for this team. Potential does not count.
The two sacks didn't offset the two neutral zone infractions for you?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Doing BWag's celebration and looking good doing it!
If Irvin continues to make those plays he can own that move.

sutz

Reaction score
Atradees":5bd95j6j said:

As long as he doesn't cross the LOS or move directly towards an O-lineman to make him flinch, he can do anything he wants to.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Frohawk25360":2leouxg7 said:
Year of The Hawk":2leouxg7 said:

No. We don't need a player who can only show up in the last series of the game. Yeah two neutral zone infractions only this game. How many other times did he make critical penalties this season alone (anyone remember the San Diego game)? I am not saying he is garbage but IMHO he can be replaced in the off season for someone more consistent.

Besides do you think Carolina would have scored that last series if Irvin did't make those plays? Maybe but I doubt it.

Largent80

Reaction score
He just made 2 game closing plays and had good pressure all game long.

He ain't going anywhere.

Exittium

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":i9pbln5u said:
Frohawk25360":i9pbln5u said:
Year of The Hawk":i9pbln5u said:

No. We don't need a player who can only show up in the last series of the game. Yeah two neutral zone infractions only this game. How many other times did he make critical penalties this season alone (anyone remember the San Diego game)? I am not saying he is garbage but IMHO he can be replaced in the off season for someone more consistent.

Besides do you think Carolina would have scored that last series if Irvin did't make those plays? Maybe but I doubt it.

IDK if you have been watching the entire season, but Bennet has been called for more stuff then Irvin..
Defensive Offside (2), Neutral Zone Infraction (2), Encroachment (1)

Irvin:
Personal Foul (1) (And todays game Neutral Zone Infraction (2))
Hey we're also not leading the league in penalties anymore.. NE and Pit both were tied for 1st lol

pehawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2gu4w8x9 said:
Frohawk25360":2gu4w8x9 said:
Year of The Hawk":2gu4w8x9 said:

Has nothing to do with it being last series. In a situation like that, Irvin will always be a beast. If the Hawks offense makes their opposition one-dimensional, Irvin is/will be a monster. Dude's just a beast in passing situations.

And enough about the SD game. No one likes to admit it, but River's duped him. A very, very savvy vet duped someone.

SoCalHawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":mc4e8bt3 said:
Frohawk25360":mc4e8bt3 said:
Year of The Hawk":mc4e8bt3 said:

Yeah, sounds great. Let's go out and sign that elite pass rusher in free agency. What an easy fix.

Oh, wait...

Those don't exist. Please think before you post.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Isn't bruce our perfect "anti mobile QB like Kaep and Newton" player? He seems to have the perfect combo of size and speed to do the spy blitz thing, and also if I remebered corectly he was the one who slowed down Kaep in the NFCCg right?

Atradees

Reaction score
sutz":21v0rbwj said:
Atradees":21v0rbwj said:

As long as he doesn't cross the LOS or move directly towards an O-lineman to make him flinch, he can do anything he wants to.

OK Thanks for the clarification.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
SoCalHawk":1q8a34kr said:
Year of The Hawk":1q8a34kr said:
Frohawk25360":1q8a34kr said:
Year of The Hawk":1q8a34kr said:

Yeah, sounds great. Let's go out and sign that elite pass rusher in free agency. What an easy fix.

Oh, wait...

Those don't exist. Please think before you post.

Bruce Irvin is NOT elite. I dont think he sucks but todays game does not make him elite.

But why fight. Lets just enjoy this win we missed for the past several weeks.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Irvin has always excelled at rushing the passer. People have crapped on him the last 11/2 years for not making plays. But remember he was drafted by Gus Bradley to play outside opposite Clemons to RUSH THE PASSER. He lead all rookies with 81/2 sacks!

Last year Quinn comes to town and try's to reinvent him as a strong side LB....until this week. He moves across from Avril and lights it up to save the game for us. And no matter what your personal feelings of him you have to give him props as he struggled earlier in the game but finished strong! Just like someone else today....Russell Wilson.

Quinn NEEDS to keep Avril and Irvin outside and Bennett and Mebane inside on pass downs. No brainier!

Chawks1

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":36l5xgkc said:
Frohawk25360":36l5xgkc said:
Year of The Hawk":36l5xgkc said:

Do you even watch the games? Russell Wilson looked rough all game until the last series too. So I presume you are ncluding him in your statement?

Ok, you don't like Irvin. Move on.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
[youtube]OzaIMhqVvC4[/youtube]

Avril also contributed to that sack by fighting through a double team and forcing Cam to step up into the pocket. Awesome hurdle by Irvin . . . This is what he was drafted to do.