Pete's Wednesday Presser w/synopsis

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-8-Wednesday-Press-Conference/e0d46081-a74a-4b18-bfa5-754c25b44f13[/urltargetblank]

Sorry I'm late to this. Missed the live presser, so had to listen to it after it was loaded to the .com site.

Said Carolina has had some tough times but they are still a tough opponent. Said anytime you put Newton out there you have your work cut out for you.

Willson and Simon look good to go, although he's still calling them day to day

on Cam Newton....Said he can do anything. he can throw from the pocket, or scramble.

On FB plan.....wait and see

Said Turbin filled in admirably

Maxwell is not practicing today but may tomorrow

On replacing Wagner's role vs. Cam Newton. Said you just can't replace 4.4 when you don't have it. Basically said other guys will just have to step up.

on moving on from Harvin. Said they already did that. There's nothing new about that today. They've moved on.

Biggest difference in halves last week. Said we got behind the sticks a few times early, but once we got rolling, they executed better.

Hill still hobbling around a little bit, unlikely this week.

on Cam vs. Wilson...said they are different because Cam's taller, but they are similar in other ways.

On Penalties....said we don't want any penalties. Said we are giving them way too much stuff.

on changing the scheme for pass rush.....he joked about them wanting to know exactly what he's going to do and got a laugh out of the gallery.

Depth on the line being without Marsh and Hill. Said they have some flexibility. Said they will pay better attention to keeping the rotation so they keep the guys fresh. Said they've had Cliff and Michael out there too much.

on Britt....thinks that he has done a really good job going against some good talent and has stood the test, but expects a lot of growth out of him.

On Sweezy helping him out....he said Sweezy is a legitimate football player. Said he's not much of a talker but he can communicate. Said having Zach Miller was a big help to bringing Britt along.

On defensive cofidence....said they want to get back out there and keep playing. Says they see that they haven't been as disruptive as they had been. Said they have played solid football but just not been as disruptive as they were last year and they hope to improve that as we move forward.

Asked if we have lost an emotional edge from last year. He said hopefully not. Gave credit to having top qb's against us.

Asked about interceptions. said we won't get any more in the 6 previous games but they come in bunches and we'll get them.

On the new TE...said he is a good all around TE...solid catcher and blocker. Being his first day he can't say anymore than that.

Said Norwood and PRich did pretty good last week although there was one substitution where there were too many rookies out there.

says Miller is doing better now. Rehab has been slower than he hoped. Said Zach will travel with them this week so he can visit his doctor out there.

Says Walters is our guy on returns. Says he's very good at keeping the ball

that's pretty much it for today

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
"says Miller is doing better now. Rehab has been slower than he hoped. Said Zach will travel with them this week so he can visit his doctor out there"

Discouraging news to me. Reading between the lines I'm guessing 5-6 more weeks. Sigh.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3hf4v7xc said:
"says Miller is doing better now. Rehab has been slower than he hoped. Said Zach will travel with them this week so he can visit his doctor out there"

Discouraging news to me. Reading between the lines I'm guessing 5-6 more weeks. Sigh.

Coupled with the signing of a TE, I'm thinking that we are at least a month away from Zach, but only time will tell.

It will be good to get Willson back. He did a pretty decent job in the Dallas game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kidhawk":w5viydbj said:
hawksfansinceday1":w5viydbj said:

Coupled with the signing of a TE, I'm thinking that we are at least a month away from Zach, but only time will tell.

It will be good to get Willson back. He did a pretty decent job in the Dallas game.
He needs to go up and fight for passes though. He does get open, but...........