Jeremy Lane return helps 3rd down problems

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I think the most over looked factor in the Hawks defensive slump is Jeremy Lane. Since Lane went down the Hawks can't get off the field on 3rd down and i think its cause the slot CB has been getting worked. Lane is supposed to be the upgrade over Thurmond last yr and any other CB on the roster on physical ability alone. when Lane gets back their will be no weak spots in this D' cause Lane has size/speed to lock down all slot WRs. Seattle needs to pull out some probably ugly wins the next few weeks until the reinforcements(Wagner,BMax,Lane) are able or eligible to return.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Amazing how a good pass rush makes corners look better too. But I do agree Lane will definitely help.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hopefully Lane can stay healthy when he comes back, but unfortunately we still have to wait for 2 more weeks to see him in a game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Lane is a speed demon and can make up for any missteps on his behalf, or that of others with his speed alone. Dude blazes down the field and will be a big help when he gets back.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If he had been able to play special teams only last Sunday in St. Louis, we'd probably have won that game.

Looking forward to his overall contributions, for sure.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I was skeptical of using the IR-recall on Lane because I didn't know if he was worth it.

Now I can't wait for him to get back. Our secondary really needs a boost.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He greatly helps our special teams too.

Dude is a monster with Lockette.

Also sounds like he will be fully healthy when he's ready to come off the IR/Return list.. no wading the toes with his return.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
If Jeremy Lane is healthy enough to play right now, then it was probably a mistake to use the injury designation on him so early in the same.